Page 56 of 115 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 2290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    SO! The spawner by the portal was destroyed by something or someone. I went exploring and found another one and promptly died, was unable to retrace and gave up. So, other than losing a crap load of expensive stuff, there's also another spawner, so huzzah for that...
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

I wonder if you can place Blaze spawners in the normal world...

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    SO! The spawner by the portal was destroyed by something or someone. I went exploring and found another one and promptly died, was unable to retrace and gave up. So, other than losing a crap load of expensive stuff, there's also another spawner, so huzzah for that...
    Yeah, I removed it yesterday when I was trying to get hold of some bricks and fences, and kept getting attacked again and again, and I forgot to place it down again before logging off... Sorry >_<
    So I got you killed and made you lose some stuff... Damnit. Sorry mate ._.'
    Last edited by Xerian; 09-01-2012 at 01:59 PM.
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

Excellently maniacal Steam-powered automaton.

Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow & Zaerow.

Network Hub
    Yeah um Xerian… don't do that again in the future. Replace it and leave it please.
    If you can't get what you want without dying then just well, don't go there :)

How was I to know the plugins broken? ~_~'
    -Theres a reason I utterly hate updating... lol
    And Elts fixed it now... Although damnit, all the spawners I had lying around are pig-spawners now ._.
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow & Zaerow.

For the record, Xerian's apology is pointless. I'm too keen an adventurer anyhow, so I'd have died regardless. I should've minimised the stuff I had on me, but, well, that's Minecraft for you! At some point, I'll try and take a load of signs into the Nether and point the way to the other spawner...if I can find it.

Tidbit about blaze rods; they last for '12 uses', making them the most efficient source of energy in the game for smelting, unless you are happy to dig up lava.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Obscure Node
    Hey, so, sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but Gerbster on ther server said that I needed to ask to be white-listed in order to build on the server and that I should post here (or somewhere on the forums) for an admin to take pity on me and make me so.
    If not feel free to beat me with a herring.
    Thanks.

Network Hub
    What be thy Minecraft name, selkcip?

Activated Node
    Just logged on, discovered the biomes are changed of course (massive snow biome north of my base). Will we be getting the /rep function back, and when is the map expanding?

I believe it's not a snow biome that you saw, but Elt's magic.
    He made it snow in RPS Nova.

Also I'd really like the repair plugin back, too.

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

Network Hub
    Also fix the sun direction. South to north? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NOTCH STOP TINKERING WITH SHIT!
    Seriously, such a simple change but it has ruined so many views people set up specifically.
    Also - new fences suck.
    So now I have to go wandering around around Mammalia yet again, to fix random changes that now look shite :(
    Also guys be on the lookout for fires that died and may have caused a small amount of fire damage. Dunno what happened, and it shouldn't be more than a missing block or two, but…
    Also, Endermen! Although Drose says Elt nerfed their block moving abilities, so try not to panic.

BTW the swamp biomes suck, particularly on built stuff. I will again be taking a wander around Mammalia to see if anywhere got hit by it (only seen it in Valhalla so far).
    I don't get it. They have the colour changing code for grass and leaves already in that blends between colours, yet for swamps they go for this hideous harsh edged shite? What kind of crazy fuck twat does that? Really really REALLY awful, it is probably the worst looking thing I have seen in MC since flat lighting.
    Last edited by Gerbster; 10-01-2012 at 04:14 PM.

Activated Node
    There's a swamp biome cutting right across my base, although it's only really visible when up high and you can see the water change colour sharply.

The snow biome was far north. Good chunk of the northern section of the map. Lots of water turning to ice as I explored

Actually Weed, that isnt elts magic. The biomes have quite literally changed. Dunno if Nova was his magic, but unless he changed the whole server... ;p
    And yeah. The fact that he MOVED THE BLOODY SUN AND MOON!? is absurd, retarded and annoying. I myself have 3+ places made with terraces specifically for the view... Its just bull. 1.0 really does prove Notch's absurdity and incompetence, no self-respecting, none-lazy indie dev' would call Minecraft a finished game at this stage. Sigh, I'll go cry in a corner.
    And you know, I do like the fence change for -some- things... The silly git just should've made you able to choose, having to craft the new ones differently, etc.
    Right, to the corner I gooo! :'(
    Oscar Wilde

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by DRoseDARs View Post
    What be thy Minecraft name, selkcip?
    Selkcip, good sir.

For you Anchorman fans out there - this is a must!!!

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by selkcip View Post
    Selkcip, good sir.
    Didn't see that one coming eh?

And RMA you have my sympathies. Every time there is a change to the biome code I live in fear my desert town will end up white christmas land.

Network Hub
    BTW Blazes tend to alternate between being crap and deadly.
    We also noticed that we lost a lot of their drops due to ground plummetage.
    We will try to come up with a better way of controlling the things and trapping them etc to make sure they aren't as deadly as they otherwise might be.

The main spawner is too open. Attacks from Blazes en masse as well as Ghasts make them a pain, to say the least. I think we need to extend that area. I have no clue how, without being under constant barrage. You'd need at least two people; one to build, one to defend.

Anyhow, the main netherwart farm is available on the bottom floor of the main part of the fortress. If you go to the end of the corridor, it's there. They take some time to grow, but there should be 114 available so that should help. In the mean time, over the last few days I've lost hundreds of glow dust and a variety of other items. So, just be careful out there folks.

One, final, comment. Lava seems to be survivable. If you have full energy, the effect only seems to last for a few hearts, so long as you're able to get out of the lava. Worth noting, I guess.