Page 59 of 117 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 2338
    Activated Node Mollusc Infestation's Avatar
    Incidentally, this will kill all the animals.
    Steam: Android Surgeon-General Kraken
    Minecraft: Octopoda

Quote Originally Posted by MrWeed View Post
    Elt has decided against killing all animals and we are now building a public farm with crops, melons and animals.
    (Even though I know my solution would have worked!)
    Dont get cocky ;>, it most likely wouldnt have :P (And even if it would, it'd be... Daft, that we'd have to resort to it :/, and quite problematic aswell. ) We really ought to look into mods fixing this idiotic... "Feature" :|
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

Excellently maniacal Steampowered automaton.

Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow, Zaerow & a vast landscape of nicknames since lost in time.

As requested:
    Clean 1.0 minecraft.jar

http://www.mediafire.com/?542j0xka1cvlxt0

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

Quote Originally Posted by MrWeed View Post
    As requested:
    Clean 1.0 minecraft.jar

http://www.mediafire.com/?542j0xka1cvlxt0
    Thanks luv.
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

Excellently maniacal Steampowered automaton.

Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow, Zaerow & a vast landscape of nicknames since lost in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mollusc Infestation View Post
    Incidentally, this will kill all the animals.
    Sweet Zombie Jesus!

Network Hub
    Anyone tried the new snapshot? The new Jungle biome is fantastic:

Unfortunately it won't appear in old maps unless you modify the level.dat with NBTedit.

Also new pathfinding for zombies & wolves - they're actually pretty smart now and can navigate obstacles or even mazes to get to you. Cant wait to see what happens when the skellingtons get a similar work-over.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mistabashi; 21-01-2012 at 05:25 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Oh wow, that looks amazing. Maybe we'll see something like that when the map eventually gets extended.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistabashi View Post

Also new pathfinding for zombies & wolves - they're actually pretty smart now and can navigate obstacles or even mazes to get to you. Cant wait to see what happens when the skellingtons get a similar work-over.
    skeletons? I'm more worried about creepers!

Jungle biomes do look nice.

Network Hub
    The major problem with the jungle biome is the rules for leaf decay are murder on them (a bit like the fail that was the temp map I tried to put up when the game went Beta: Leaf block holocaust = laaag in the extreme). Both the jungle trees and the ground cover bushes tend to lose large chunks. If Jeb_ would just fix it so that as long as a leaf block is in some way connected to bedrock or through intermediate solid blocks/objects then it stays vs if it is free-floating i.e. only touching air then it decays. I never did like the leaf decay rules even back when they were a bit more generous in alpha. And ffs would someone at Mojang PLEASE fix the water/lava pond gen'ing? They need to be generated BE-F*CKING-FORE trees are gen'd. Enough of the damned floating tree trunks over ponds; it's been driving me nuts ever since they were introduced. The addition of a "proper" jungle biome (and a dedicated wood and leaf block too) was a nice unexpected addition, as was the climbable vines. I hope it means they'll focus a bit more on biomes and map generation, so it'd also be nice to *not* see jungles and deserts and tundras touching each other. Minecraft *has* intermediate biomes, frickin' use them please. >_<

Also, hard difficulty mode + jungle + nighttime = screwn. Even in daylight it can be difficult to move around in there, particularly when it's dark enough in places for hostiles to spawn. Love that mob pathfinding has been improved at least in some instances. I wondered why the zombies were less stupid. Tamed wolves seem to be doing their perma-whining again like when they were first introduced.

It looks fantastic. And the overhauled wayfinding sounds good, too.
    But Drose has some points there.

Network Hub
    Blimey something I am actually looking forward too?
    Cool!
    As someone in the MCF pointed out, with Notch this would have warranted a full-on release.
    While I may question Jebīs directions a lot of the time, it is nice to feel like once again people are working on the game who actually give a damn :)

Activated Node
    Hello folks ! What's new ?
    I, for one, have been wandering near the new farm, there and there, until walking over a stone slab, approaching the edge, and seeing (hoohoohoo funny) lotsa creepers. I might have accidentally taken an arrow (in the... no, i dunno, was in 1st person view) and fallen, accidentally, in a hole, where some passing green mob might have done some damages. After respawning and reclaiming back all my stuff, they had nearly all exploded themselves, along with several times me, and some elements of decor. Then day arose, and i saw a sign reading something like "beware, creepers ahead, dont approach the edges".

So long story short there might be some damages around the new creepers spawners area. Sorry for that :p

Network Hub
    Does anyone know what happened to the top of Rusty's place in Beech-grove Bay?
    Firstly thanks to Twink for alerting us, but also in general would be nice to know what happened. Creeper damage was sort of a possibility, but not really likely as the creeper would have to spawn on the roof, and the only flat areas are well lit. Not to mention the damage was so extensive it would have had to be multiple creeper hits. Very suspicious. In other words, keep your eyes open guys and don't forget to alert us if you see damage anywhere (we likes to fix things as well, not every creeper explosion is suspicious!).

NO MORE STARVING NEWBIES!

Did Eltagno announce this? The new farm is available on the hub network (IE on any portal that connects the north, east, south etc hubs), and has a full compliment of farm animals (they do NOT respawn, so please use wheat to breed them before slaughtering them), and there are various other things like a wheat farm, melons, pumpkins and even a pond with lilypads (if it is empty let us know). This is a public resource, please treat it with respect.
    Last edited by Gerbster; 24-01-2012 at 01:53 AM.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbster View Post
    NO MORE STARVING NEWBIES!

Thanks Gerbster and all!

Hungry noob

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Take a portal to South Hub, then portal 2 and select JG's Valley. (Note: NOT JG's Demise, because that's in the Nether)
    Take a left along the bridge you spawn onto and follow the path through the inn and downstairs to the exit into a cave. There should be a t-junction - carry on straight ahead to Zenobia.
    Follow the path out a little bit and you get a bit of openish space between my valley and Zenobia who's owned by I forget who. If you wanted to make something small, you'd be nestled in a moderately free area which already has paths to the main road and nearby portal access for quick movement.

Even if you don't want to, take a look around at least to decide. Bare in mind we're not in the action, but you would be sandwiched and moderately easy to visit/access. If you do take up that residence, there's a mine access point I can open up for you fairly easily.

And welcome :)
    Thanks, I'll take a look at that area. It would be nice to at least have a little house setup with my storage chests and a bed while I decide where to build my empire :)

Solrax

I'm not sure if it's been discussed yet, but is there a chance that we could get the Sensible Enchanting mod on the server? It apparently plays nice with other plugins, and the current enchanting system in MC is pants-on-head moronic.

When the server was being updated, was there any point where the 'fire' prevention spreading tool wasn't uploaded or working? There was a massive hole in the side of the inn in Cat City right next to our fire... just a thought. Could have been a fire on Rusty's roof if lightning struck there

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I think there was, Twink. A few people seemed to noticed similar things.