Page 61 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 2348
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    With enough potency, these jokes could end, errr, men.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Network Hub
    Sorry to dig up this thread, but I wanted to let Xerian know that today I found just over 7 stacks of clay, and 2 wild pumpkins!

Network Hub
    No off-fence, but I am royally pissed that animals can jump fences. I found ALL of my cows had escaped from my new enclosure and trampled tons of wheat fields. End result? Steaks all round. But seriously? Since when could crap jump fences? Is it possibly, oh I dunno, a BUG? :(

Network Hub
    Elt and Drose, if you are still paying attention to the wiki, do take a look at how I started formatting the pages - in particular the categories (you can see more info on them under 'uRPS wiki guidelines'). Hope you think it makes sense and is worth doing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbster View Post
    No off-fence, but I am royally pissed that animals can jump fences. I found ALL of my cows had escaped from my new enclosure and trampled tons of wheat fields. End result? Steaks all round. But seriously? Since when could crap jump fences? Is it possibly, oh I dunno, a BUG? :(

I'm sorry, it was my first thought.

(Oh, and ignore all the comments. British people being idiots in it.)
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

My chickens also morph straight through wooden and stone brick walls.

Yes, collision stuff is buggy in MC.

Network Hub
    Great to see peoplestarting to put things into the wiki.
    At the moment we dont have templates for people, but try to keep things similar to what is there. This does not mean you must slavishly copy - for example my list of info in my page. I actually like this less each time I see it. We will atremotto come up with some definitive templates this week.
    Be careful oft ypos, for example Bodington only has 1 D :)
    Things like that we can just fix ourselves, but I think I got bondmystic's name wrong - stuff like renaming pages requires more work and magic so let us know as soon as you see stuff like this.
    Redirects are fine for things with common variants but the base page (ie what everything redirects to) should be the proper name.
    So for example, Cat. City should redirect to Cathedral City, Xerian should redirect to Xerian1991, his actual MC name, Rusty to Rustyshakelford etc. An example of how to do a redirct is on the guidelines page.
    Dont forget categories, also in the gudelines. They help tons :)
    Be prepared for formatting rules to change or be put into place.
    I currently only use bold for /commands. For now I think bold should be avoided in other places, using italics instead to differentiate cettain things if you feel they are necessary. Suggestions are naturally welcome.

Network Hub
    As far as redirects go try to keep them to a minimum, only using them where different names are commonly interchangable.
    As. alwayswith us, the wiki is to be a community project, so we will actively encourage you guys to write about yourselves and your projects. As always, just do it in a responsible way :)

Proper capitalisation is important for names, nouns etc. Keep formatting for your place and usernames, but be aware that the wiki software has a habit ofmaking the first letter capitalised...
    Last edited by Gerbster; 04-02-2012 at 10:22 PM.

Now if only someone would finally post a link to said Wiki...

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

Network Hub
    Yeah sorry, I'd do it right now but I am not sure what Elt's position is on it. I think it got mentioned in-game a few times which explains why I saw a few new pages on it. I will hold off publicising the URL until I definitively have Elt's permission, but I imagine that is, at most, only a few days away.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbster View Post
    Great to see peoplestarting to put things into the wiki.
    At the moment we dont have templates for people, but try to keep things similar to what is there. This does not mean you must slavishly copy - for example my list of info in my page. I actually like this less each time I see it. We will atremotto come up with some definitive templates this week.
    Some nice templates will fix this up :)

Be careful oft ypos, for example Bodington only has 1 D :)
    This means that I have some signs to fix around Cat City and elsewhere :P

Dont forget categories, also in the gudelines. They help tons :)
    Oops, meant to do this. Fixed where appropriate. :)

I currently only use bold for /commands. For now I think bold should be avoided in other places, using italics instead to differentiate cettain things if you feel they are necessary. Suggestions are naturally welcome.
    I was following the style guidelines wrong, my bolds are now italic or nothing. :) And feel free to brutally change my pages, it is a wiki after all :D

Activated Node
    a wiki or something would be nice as tbh I have no real idea what the hell is going on?

This thread always feels like I'm getting about 13% of a conversation.

F'instance where are the piggies for the slaughtering? They no be providing me the meaty goodness in the place where I be expectin' them.

Network Hub
    Wubble, mosey on down to the public farm. I will go check the pig enclosure to make sure no-one slaughtered them all, every last bastard.

Activated Node
    That's what I mean.

The public farm used to be about 30m from the spawn just on the other side of the melon patch.

There's no spawners in there anymore just nether light blocks.

No Sheeps! No Piggies!

Quote Originally Posted by Wubble69 View Post
    That's what I mean.

The public farm used to be about 30m from the spawn just on the other side of the melon patch.

No Sheeps! No Piggies!
    We made a new one, utilising breeding. Its on the hub-network :]
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

Excellently maniacal Steampowered automaton.

Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow, Zaerow & a vast landscape of nicknames since lost in time.

Tada! The wiki!

The idea with making it a wiki is that as well having pages for important information like the FAQ and rules, people can also make pages showing off their own projects. That's why we've called it the uRPS Minecraft Tourism Board.

We still need to make sample pages and an FAQ for using the wiki itself, but you can all start making pages for your projects right now even without the guidance. One of the great things about wikis is that they're quick and easy to edit.

Quote Originally Posted by Wubble69 View Post
    That's what I mean.

No Sheeps! No Piggies!
    Here is the answer to your question. :)

Activated Node
    ): I see I'm not cool enough to have my own page... I guess there's nothing left to do except go cry in the corner.... and i don't know how to make pages if there is a way... *Overly Dramatic SIGHHHH*
    Last edited by KirbyS; 06-02-2012 at 06:57 AM.

When adding areas of interest to the wiki did you know you can link to the exact location on Rusty's map?

Take a look at the markup for the map link on this page for an example: http://jsmith.im/~urps2/w/index.php/Aquatica

Details taken here: https://github.com/webbukkit/dynmap/...-UI-Parameters
    Last edited by Robert Swan; 06-02-2012 at 03:41 PM.

Network Hub
    @Kirby, you can create new pages, I see you created a user profile.
    For an entirely new page, just type in the URL that you want, and it will give you the option to edit it.
    So in your case (remember, capitalisation is important) youŽd go:

http://jsmith.im/~urps2/w/index.php/KirbyS

and edit away to your heart's content :)

Network Hub
    That be rather useful Rob, added it into the guidelines page.

Also be aware that the user page in your name is NOT the same as the wiki page for you - I would just suggest you put in a redirect in your user page (IE the one that begins user:<yourname>) to your actual wiki page, using #REDIRECT [[<yourname>]]
    Last edited by Gerbster; 06-02-2012 at 04:58 PM.