Page 8 of 118 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    Never a dull moment. Cheers. :)

Sorta dull right now.. oh wait, I'm not on Minecraft! That's why :D

Network Hub
    Well the point is, sur any update to MC is a rocky path of discovering what broke, but I feel we are back to a fun, accessible and functional server running the latest version. That hadn't happened since 1.4, and I am happy we are getting old players back and new players interested.
    That and my own motivation is back in full swing for building, so, hurrah!

Hey Gerbster, I'm all up for some road-building, or standing guard on the roadbuilders with a bow to keep the creepers off 'em, or cooking up some grits in the bunkhouse. If I'm on, I'll try find yez.

Did I hear rightly from Mr. Weed that the grand opening of the relocated Spawn Plaza is tonight?

Network Hub
    I spent the day planning a route - will draw it up tomorrow or tonight i reckon.
    The plan is it starts from just outside rangmane on the south road, then links up to south hub and later on to mammalia.
    It passes some really nice scenery, including epic cave which I finally found!

Network Hub
    Here's a provisional route for the south road extension.
    It purposefully tries to avoid built up areas and having a lovely view :)

Attached Images Attached Images

How are Road Providers Southbound, Ltd going to finance this? I guess I should start collecting (and cooking) cobblestone, eh?

The new spawn grand opening will be today.

In other news:
    APB Reloaded is a great game.

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I can't tell because the image obviously doesn't go in deeper, but it looks like there's a road or long wall or something at the north of South Hub, right? It also looks like there's a plain area north-west-north of it. Why not do an additional road linking the northern part of South Hub with the main road? It also means that people in South Hub who want to get to Rangmane can take a shorter route by going through South Hub rather than out and round.

Of course, without being in game and not yet being on the server for longer than 10 seconds, that may sully my thinking.

New spawn is live.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTAO View Post

this is teh redstone obsidian crafting technique. It's very effective.
    For those that missed this. It's quite a good way to build with obsidian.

First video in a multi part series on making a killer auto wheat farm. It's the best I've found honestly, and I've watched a ton of them. Goes step by step and explains why you do what for each part. Highly recommend watching it. I'm going to be making one soon at my base.

Network Hub
    @JG - yeah that whole area looks empty, but the road is actually a big ditch. I don't want to touch anything related to Water Works because I have no idea of their plans for expansion - hence why the proposed route coming from the south hub basically gets as far away from there as quickly and directly as possible.

Obscure Node
    what kind of format do u want for the road? 5 blocks across with 3 blocks and the pathway and 2 blocks on either side as a raised "wall" section?

also ur route is a bit "round about" unless there are buildings there that i can't see on the map. But i can get started on it today, and dig out a single row

also, i can't find a teleport to rangmane from any of the hubs =/ gotta walk?
    Last edited by Ripht; 25-06-2011 at 10:16 AM.

Network Hub
    Ripht I'll come on later today and mark out the route.
    It is round about i admit, but its designed to work with the scenery to give lovely views and yes, to avoid built areas (or at least, stay out of visible range, so the builders can join in later if they so choose). I prefer to work with the landscape rather than just build bridges or tunnel through for a direct route.

I'll also work out the nearest gates, and also dump chests with materials.

It appears to me that the main *main* roads are 4 halfsteps wide with a cobble border, although i'm thinking that the part linking the south hub to Mammalia is only 3 half steps wide with cobble boundary.

Also, I prefer to recess the road into the ground rather than have it sitting on top - later today I'll sort all this out with samples and maps.

Thanks for the volunteers - very much appreciated! We've seen how people prefer to build near roads, and I hope our considerable up-turn in new players continues!

PS How is everyone enjoying the new spawn set-up?

Network Hub
    OK haven't got time to draw a map, but the nearest gates to the northern-most start point are Slashernick (head NE from there) or SouthSeas (head north) - just a short trot. Rangmane is on the B&L network (there is a hub in RPS Nova, but can't remember where it is).

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbster View Post
    Ripht I'll come on later today and mark out the route.
    It is round about i admit, but its designed to work with the scenery to give lovely views and yes, to avoid built areas (or at least, stay out of visible range, so the builders can join in later if they so choose). I prefer to work with the landscape rather than just build bridges or tunnel through for a direct route.

I'll also work out the nearest gates, and also dump chests with materials.

It appears to me that the main *main* roads are 4 halfsteps wide with a cobble border, although i'm thinking that the part linking the south hub to Mammalia is only 3 half steps wide with cobble boundary.

also i hate the new spawn, i fell into the fountain and then hit the lava died and lost all my items. lol
    Also, I prefer to recess the road into the ground rather than have it sitting on top - later today I'll sort all this out with samples and maps.

Thanks for the volunteers - very much appreciated! We've seen how people prefer to build near roads, and I hope our considerable up-turn in new players continues!

PS How is everyone enjoying the new spawn set-up?
    kk man, let me know when u've sorted it and i'll jump in and start ripping the map apart for ur road =P. If u check out the road coming out the the east gate of skullbread thats what i built a couple of days ago. Built it to match up with the actually skullbread road design. I think its 3 cobble blocks wide with slab barrier.

Network Hub
    Now how did that 'also I hate the new spawn' message get into my quote?
    You do realise that I helped build it right? ;)
    And errr how did you hit both the water AND the lava - they are nowhere near each other? :o

Heh, anyway, my plan initially for the road will be to lay out the cobble edges. I've started dumping cobble there, although now I realise the chests are automatically locked so will have to go back later and make it public :(

Network Hub
    DarkTao - if I were you I'd not bother with the redstone / sand / boat dispenser. I do like his auto farming so will try out the layout, but realistically since pistons are highly likely in 1.7 there's no point going for the overly complicated set-up required here to control the water release.

Gerb, I think Ripht meant the fountain at the RPS Nova Market...
    I'll just say it again:

The new RPS Nova Market is NOT the new spawn. New Spawn was build by Gerb and Rob, I did the Market. It only acts as the portal to RPS Nova and as the Portal hub.

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!