Page 108 of 116 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 2307
    Hey guys,

(sorry for thread jacking - well it's not _that_ bad, but still, apologies) - anyone in the ars magica 2 beta?

1.7.2 is out

Network Hub
    Has ye server been updated? Ive been away for a few weeks but am likely to check in this weekend.

Nope, still on 1.5.4 or whatever. Server is completely dead too. :(

Started playing single player again. Enjoying playing completely vanilla.

Network Hub
    Has the time come to talk again about the possibility of publicising the server to get bodies into it?
    With no disrespect to Eltagno and his fabulous efforts in the past, maybe we need to add in a new admin as well, how knows about updating servers and mods and what-not to make sure that it can respond to the occasional update and also should it lock up etc.

What sayeth people?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbster View Post
    Has the time come to talk again about the possibility of publicising the server to get bodies into it?
    With no disrespect to Eltagno and his fabulous efforts in the past, maybe we need to add in a new admin as well, how knows about updating servers and mods and what-not to make sure that it can respond to the occasional update and also should it lock up etc.

What sayeth people?
    Just bought Minecraft, I would be interested in participating in an RPS server. I don't have the skills required to manage the server though.

Network Hub
    L_No - what is your in-game name so we know to look out for you and white list you when you are on?

L_No - what is your in-game name so we know to look out for you and white list you when you are on?
    My in-game name is Gert_J. I'm not online very much (since I'm mainly playing other games right now), but when I get the chance I'll try to join the RPS server :)
    Want to add me on Steam? Steam name: Mr. Gert

Activated Node

What sayeth people?
    I'm still on most days and tend to log in if I see people on the map just to see if anyone needs anything.

Dig is on a fair bit too.

I'm not going to throw my hat in the ring for admin as I am simply too volatile for that sort of thing and would probably get drunk and think it was a good idea to wipe the server.

In any case there's only one person for this job and that's you me old china.

I would like Elt to show up if I was honest. He's not our bitch at the end of the day and has his own life but we do need to think about solutions for going forwards. I'm sure he's just busy getting laid, snorting coke and throwing TV's out of hotel windows.

But I'm still here, still unemployed and still fiscally unable to give Ginge a donation.

Network Hub
    My own reasons are similar to yours for not wanting to be admin - it is a lot of thankless work and frankly I don't know the first thing about mods and running a server, or I'd have volunteered in a heartbeat (with the proviso that I tend to look down on people who volunteer for positions of power!). Coupled with my own 'here and there'-ness, I dunno.

Actually I guess the time thing isn't that big of a deal in the sense that admin's main roles are essentially 'just' the updates, which don't actually crop up all that often, so it isn't tooo time consuming but damn, the sheer fear of screwing something up...

Glad to hear you guys still are online. I've been back on and building over the last few days and I imagine that'll be my pattern for a good while yet as I rekindle my passion and can afford some time here and there to indulge. I did notice that the squarification of the server continues :)

So apart from admin, what do people think about maybe trying to bring in some fresh blood to make the place a bit livelier?

Activated Node
    Actually I guess the time thing isn't that big of a deal in the sense that admin's main roles are essentially 'just' the updates, which don't actually crop up all that often, so it isn't tooo time consuming but damn, the sheer fear of screwing something up...
    Well I do have an IT background so I would be able to help you out with things like that after some research. Elt has put in a very robust infrastructure that I do not think needs any change. Server Policy would still stay the same ie. No updates till Bukkit signs them off. Where we would need to be wary is with the plugins especially the ones Elt has written himself because they are part of our main backbone.

Elt is alive as I have seen him on Steam but I didn't want to broach the subject with him as I am just a peon. Is there someway you can get in touch with him?

Network Hub
    I just sent him a msg via Steam for you guys. Also, hi. Love and miss youses. :)

Activated Node
    On a whim I decided to check in and see how things are going at uRPS. I miss you guys and I never forget all the great times I had with this community. I know bukkit stuff like the back of my hand from running my own server. I understand there is a big trust factor involved here and I wouldn't want to butt in where I have no business, but if it comes down to it I would be quite willing to help you guys get the server up to date. I hope all is well.

Network Hub
    Oh hello, Drose and Rusty! Long time no see, you guys should really take a peek around the server, there's plenty of new things :)

As far as the upgrade / admin thing goes, let's see if our beloved overlord Eltagno replies to anyway then - I didn't know anyone had a means of contacting him.

MC is growing on me again - I finished up some roads (the main one being that which runs from Blocklyn to Mousehole via Delly and Catemple), and I've even nearly finished several big projects (Catemple and Squirrefuge are nearly done, hurrah!). If you start seeing sail boats cropping up in some oceans, that may also have something to do with me as I build up Mammalia's fleet for 'defensive' purposes.

Activated Node
    I was on earlier and took a look around, as well as looked at the live map. There are indeed a lot of cool new things, all of them living up to the amazing rps standards. The southern half of the map is a striking demonstration of how there has been way too much ocean after the last few updates.

Ahh Blocklyn, my first home on the server. I wonder if symbolblue is still poking around as we built quite a nice little town before i holed myself up into the hills to build my mountain lair..

Personally I think we could do away with a lot of the mods, but then I'm in a completely vanilla mood at the moment :p

Network Hub
    Rusty, I was the same when I first saw it, I wanted a regen but Elt said no.
    I've sort of grown to like it - it is nice to have lots of little islands dotted around with no actual neighbours (man, I hate people!), and in fact I'm going to be using some of the open sea to build up a fleet of ships.

Having said that, it would be crushing to expand the map once more with the new biomes and end up with more sea. I think if / when we get around to expanding the map once more, it'll involve a back-up and various tests of seeds and locations to see what produces the best set of biomes. NO MORE SEA!

Network Hub
    Not gonna dig up the citation, but I believe they specifically coded into a recent past update biome gen'ing that will not make such ginormous seas. They can be big, up to 2k, but nothing like what we got going on in the southeast corner: 4k with no end in sight.

Network Hub
    Indeed that is true, but we aren't likely to add a large amount of terrain in a new expansion, so it would need to be 'not sea' or there's no point. Anyway, I doubt you remember, but I'm building a little shrine to you. Not that you are dead or anything, but I felt a certain spot needed to be upgraded. See if you can find it :)

The server has now been upgraded to 1.7.2 I think.