Page 109 of 118 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 2345
    Activated Node
    It is actually 1.6.4. which is what was recommended for a while before moving to 1.7.x

So set up a new profile for 1.6.4.

Also hello Robert /wave

There isn't a stable Bukkit release for 1.7.2 yet. So now we're only one version behind! Mob catching and spawner changing aren't working, but everything else appears to be fine. As always, let me know if you find any bugs.

If someone else wants to take over doing future updates I'll gladly hand over the reins. I don't have a lot of time or motivation for Minecraft atm. I trust pretty much all the regulars. Everything gets backed up, and Ginger does his own backups that the uRPS2 account doesn't even have access to, so there's no danger of irreparably fucking things up.

As for getting new blood on the server, there's some stuff we should probably do beforehand, such as finishing the newbie training course and adding more newbie content to the wiki. Central hub could probably do with being made more user friendly too.

Activated Node
    Thanks Elt

Just to remind everyone. We need to be at 1.6.4 for a bit as it's an intergration patch to get maps stabilized ready for the 1.7.x patches.

It's up to ourselves to login and trace out our own footsteps over as much of our stuff as possible to cut down on problems in the next patch.

Why this is I don't know. It just is. So if you are reading this and havn't logged in for a bit here's the excuse you needed.

TROUT I'M LOOKING AT YOU NOW!!!!

Horses are in game now. They spawn in Plains Biome. I've yet to see any spawn naturally but that's not to say it isn't happening.

EDIT

There are now a selection of Nags at the Public Farm in a hastily erected paddock beside the Cows.
    Last edited by Wubble69; 18-11-2013 at 01:42 PM.

BTW, Gerb, you could have contacted me if you'd accepted my friend request on Facebook from months ago.

Obscure Node
    hi would like to join this server DaFlaR referred me

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by iKiewi View Post
    hi would like to join this server DaFlaR referred me
    Sorted. Welcome to the Server.

Quote Originally Posted by Wubble69 View Post
    Thanks Elt

Just to remind everyone. We need to be at 1.6.4 for a bit as it's an intergration patch to get maps stabilized ready for the 1.7.x patches.

It's up to ourselves to login and trace out our own footsteps over as much of our stuff as possible to cut down on problems in the next patch.

Why this is I don't know. It just is. So if you are reading this and havn't logged in for a bit here's the excuse you needed.
    It's to do with keeping the structures that have been generated in the correct place. Nether fortresses, strongholds and witch huts are the prime candidates because they are saved differently in the 1.7 world generation. If you don't load those chunks during 1.6.4 then when you update to 1.7.2 you will find that wither skeletons will be spawning outside of nether fortresses etc or where the game thinks that structure should be.

Glad the server is updated though, should hopefully be on again soon!
    Last edited by purdz; 19-11-2013 at 09:46 AM.

Apologies for misinformation about the version number.

Network Hub
    Elt what is your real name? I get a lot of requests in FB from being a judge and I tend to ignore most of 'em unless I recognise the profile pic (or is a cute girl).

Is loading a chunk in 1.6.4 enough to make it 1.7.2 safe, or do you need to change something in it to force a re-save? If loading is enough, I can probably handle sometime this week just flying over as much of the map as possible before I die of boredom.

Network Hub
    Oh, I'll take a peek over the newbie training course. I was actually there last week, as the small-but-growing Mammalia naval fleet takes to the high seas!

Just chunk loading I believe. It should only matter for game generated structures as I say and possibly the border areas if the map is going to expand. Though we will definitely get some crazy borders again when/if it is done.
    Need to traverse the nether too.
    Last edited by purdz; 19-11-2013 at 11:56 AM.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbster View Post
    Oh, I'll take a peek over the newbie training course. I was actually there last week, as the small-but-growing Mammalia naval fleet takes to the high seas!
    Idle Thought To Self!

Build Naval Fleet.

Oh, I also think Central Hub needs an overhaul before we start actively looking for new blood, especially considering we'll be having some new New Lands soon. It's too confusing atm.

Obscure Node
    Is there space for a new player. I have just started on minecraft and have no clue about the multiplayer. I looked up some servers online but they seem to be too confusing for a new player to enter. I don't think I have anyone to vouch for me yet, can I still get into this server ? If I can, how do I proceed ?
    Thanks

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by snorcack View Post
    Is there space for a new player. I have just started on minecraft and have no clue about the multiplayer. I looked up some servers online but they seem to be too confusing for a new player to enter. I don't think I have anyone to vouch for me yet, can I still get into this server ? If I can, how do I proceed ?
    Thanks
    Hi!

The best place to start is the wiki here. http://urps-minecraft.co.uk/wiki/URP..._Tourist_Board

that should give you an idea of how we do things.

Just get on the server and check stuff out for a while. go for a walk.

the server is currently at 1.6.4 so you'll need to work out how to change your minecraft profile.

Network Hub
    I'll have a think about what we can do regarding the hub set-up.
    One question - did anyone ever track down what was the problem with the server hanging upon certain portal usage?

Activated Node
    I'll have a think about what we can do regarding the hub set-up.
    One question - did anyone ever track down what was the problem with the server hanging upon certain portal usage?
    I think it must be linked to the nether and overworld being out of sync due to the distance dilation thing.

Network Hub
    Any idea what all this bad login crap is? We had it last night and now I can't seem to get on at all.

Network Hub
    Online help seems to indicate you have to set 'online-mode=false' in the server settings, but I was under the impression that this was simply a means of preventing people without proper licenses from joining.

Latest chat seems to be that Mojang are fiddling with the authentication servers, but they claim that while they are doing it, logins aren't being affected. Yeah, all the people like me complaining will agree, I'm sure...

[EDIT] Does the server have a limit of 2 players? I noticed both today and last night I couldn't log in for love nor money when there were 2 players already in, but as soon as Elt left last night and Rob today, I got in first time...
    Last edited by Gerbster; 23-11-2013 at 07:35 PM.

Activated Node
    [EDIT] Does the server have a limit of 2 players? I noticed both today and last night I couldn't log in for love nor money when there were 2 players already in, but as soon as Elt left last night and Rob today, I got in first time...
    There were three of us on today. Do you use a vanilla client because "You" do seem to be a common theme of the server issues. :P