Page 113 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 2348
    Activated Node
    hey
    after a long trip in the Nether, i could get a lot of glowstone
    then i went back, glowstone was secured in chests
    then i removed my armors and switched the view in order to admire my avatar with various armors various angles
    then i drowned in lava nearby. Couldn't react due to lagspikes, and armor was off...
    Sooo here i am, begging for some moderator magic to retrieve my then inventory... was a enchanted diamond pickaxe, sword,
    shovel, helmet and and chestplate ; enchanted iron boots ; and other junk
    pleaaase ?...
    yeah, finding glowstone using risky structures above big caverns filled with lava and ghasts and void just to be beaten by his own stupidity, feels bad, belive me

Obscure Node
    Dear moderators,

A chap called Robert Swan suggested that I ask a moderator here on the forum for some help with a project i'd like to kick off.

I'd like to build a legionary fortress (along the lines of http://www.3dhistory.co.uk/timeline-...ges/rome02.jpg) but in order to do so, I think I need a nice grass plain. The only suitable spot I can find is 9300, 2800 on this map:

http://urps-minecraft.co.uk/map/

Robert suggested I ask here for help with 3 things:

- Removal of nearby gigantic floating penis
    - Removal of nearby portal
    - Adding of a few layers of dirt over the mined desert

I'd like to plonk my fortress in that nice stretch of glassland for the glory of Rome.

EDIT: I have a bigger problem now. I ventured into a nearby Nether portal near my castle Derfox (just for a quick peek) and somehow it's not working so I cannot return.
    Last edited by derf; 16-02-2014 at 12:50 AM.

I removed the penis and the portal. There's still a chest left behind by Danny that I didn't remove since it has a couple of valuable tools in it. I can contribute dirt, but probably not time.

To get out of the nether you should be able to do /spawn, travel through the portal there, and then go back for Derfox.

Hey, viv. Mods can restore your inventory, but only when you're online. Give a shout next time you see one of us online.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by El Stevo View Post
    I can contribute dirt, but probably not time.
    Ooooh, I assumed there was some kind of instant-effect function that the mods had. Certainly I wont expect anyone to help manually build a layer of dirt on top of that mined desert.

Obscure Node
    Thanks guys. I should be able to make a start now.

However, I feel in some kind of pit today and spawned god knows where. I spent an hour or so making it back to my castle and now I've lost all my gear and horse.

*sigh*

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I came across a horse in the mined desert bit, which I'm assuming is yours. I rode it to Derfox and tethered it outside the portal.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    WHO PUT THAT FUCKING CREEPER HEAD IN SPAWN DDDDDDDDDDD:

Also, chest omnomnomed.
    "Swans are so big, they're like the Ostriches of the bird world"

Quote Originally Posted by Danny252 View Post
    WHO PUT THAT FUCKING CREEPER HEAD IN SPAWN DDDDDDDDDDD:
    Do you really need to ask?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    ...I would say yes, but most of the potential culprits aren't very active any more :(
    "Swans are so big, they're like the Ostriches of the bird world"

Network Hub
    I've been wandering around the map sorting out biome issues (it has also involved removing a lot of snow from areas, so you might see this around).

One thing for mods if they do something similar and want a snowy biome, don't choose 'taiga' as it only snows above a certain height. Took me ages to work that one out :)

Also Rob, is the dark wood in the main roads a placeholder? IMO it looks really ugly (I tried replacing it by the City Watchhouse with stone bricks. Still not great, but not so jarring).

Network Hub
    Also, anyone else noticed problems with leads? I built some stables and dutifully tied up horses and donkeys, and whenever I log back on they aren't leashed and the leads are drops on the ground :(

I just tested some leads, seems they go invisible if you log in near them, but they are still there. Just move out of mob render distance and back and the leads should reappear, unless it is a separate bug.

I haven't been on for a while. New Spawn looks awesome tho' it took me a while to find out where all the Hub Portals be at.
    I, um, accidentally knocked a pair of gold pants out of the portal item frame and into a bottomless pit. I can only apologize. Sorry!

Obscure Node
    Hello RPS' Minecraft community.

Would you like an official RPS Minecraft server? We can have one now, if you like.

We could set up some community moderators, get it fixed up with any settings or mods you want, and set you off to do as you please with it.

Then we'd write about whatever you were up to on the main site occasionally, to attract visitors and community members and so on.

Or if you're happy where you are, we could not do any of this, run servers for other games instead, and forget the whole thing. But I was curious if you'd be interested.

I am Graham from RPS btw. I haven't posted on these forums so far, I guess? Hi.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    Hello RPS' Minecraft community.

Would you like an official RPS Minecraft server? We can have one now, if you like.

We could set up some community moderators, get it fixed up with any settings or mods you want, and set you off to do as you please with it.

Then we'd write about whatever you were up to on the main site occasionally, to attract visitors and community members and so on.

Or if you're happy where you are, we could not do any of this, run servers for other games instead, and forget the whole thing. But I was curious if you'd be interested.

I am Graham from RPS btw. I haven't posted on these forums so far, I guess? Hi.
    Hi Graham.

Many of us were on the original oRPS but uRPS was started when that server got constantly griefed to the point of nothing much being worth doing.

That experience was pretty much responsible for the excellent infrastructure put in place over the last few years that has allowed uRPS to remain 99.9% ungriefed.

It should be pointed out that I think uRPS is still mostly unfindable unless you are an RPS viewer checking on these boards, which also means we have less "undesirables" stumbling across us.

Administrating and keeping uRPS like this has been no small feat for our beloved Eltagno and if you were going to start an oRPS again I suspect you would need to follow a lot of the lessons we have learnt and I suspect you won't get Elt or anyone as invested in the server to do that stuff as the Bukkit modules and such take time.

All that being said a new vanilla oRPS with the same regime and plugin's and whitelisting sounds nice to my ears. A Whole New World etc.

Network Hub
    I don't think the publicity would go amiss - would we not be entitled to this by reason of being 'unofficial'?
    A new server / map would attract some players I'm sure, but for those of us who have spent the last few years or more on this one, I doubt they'd willingly abandon their efforts :)

One thing not mentioned as a possibility - move our current server, map and settings to a RPS server, and simply change the name from unofficial to official (or possibly exunofficial? :) ) and carry on as before but with more visibility?

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbster View Post
    I don't think the publicity would go amiss - would we not be entitled to this by reason of being 'unofficial'?
    A new server / map would attract some players I'm sure, but for those of us who have spent the last few years or more on this one, I doubt they'd willingly abandon their efforts :)

One thing not mentioned as a possibility - move our current server, map and settings to a RPS server, and simply change the name from unofficial to official (or possibly exunofficial? :) ) and carry on as before but with more visibility?
    I am open to this or, in fact, any other solution.

We could start writing about the unofficial server on the site, and keep things as is. It's up to you guys if the unofficial server is able to handle the attention that might bring, both from possible griefers and in terms of server resources.

If there is a way to port the existing world and mods/admins, etc. over to the official server, that's fine too. If that takes a load off someone in terms of expense, that's great. I'd be looking to set people from the community up as mods/admins anyway, so it would be the community's world.

Basically, we have the capacity now to easily set up game servers, and we'd like to start building more of a community and a link between the main site and those communities. But I don't want to steamroll or take away a thing you've obviously put a lot of time and effort into.

So tell me what I can do for you, and I'll see if we can make it happen. Whoever runs the server or is able to make decisions, post here or drop me a mail to graham@rockpapershotgun.com.

Cheers!

I should check the forum more regularly, I've only just seen your post. I dropped you an e-mail, Graham.

Network Hub
    *chimes in*

Heh, I check this thread everyday. Yes, Partyboi, you should. ^_^

I came into the uRPS community right in the midst of Free Weekend, aka Griefer Weekend and unfondly remember the horror show that went on for weeks afterwards, both in our ancient homeland founded by MtotheThird as well as in the lands of the first two and later third official RPS servers. Can't speak to other semi-"public" servers out there, but I do feel ours has been one of the most stable and safe available. I'm proud of what we have built over the years and am thrilled to see it grow further. My ambivalence is colored by the early days when I was but a newly-spawned, but we've always promoted from within the community competent administration and moderation so I've no doubt that will continue, regardless of what the current community decides. Good people, these denizens of uRPS.

I've long-since faded from leadership (Is that even the right word to use? Did we ever have true and proper leadership after MtotheThird disappeared and the server reformed? Again, community above all else...) but as an old admin, I wish to voice my opinion on the matter indirectly. I don't presume I have say over the final decision, but I do express my confidence in the current leadership's (there's that word again) judgment. Jonbas and I faded from the server, but left it in good hands and I have never once questioned that. You honor us, Graham, and I hope my words honor Elt, Gerb and Rob, Wubble (who I shamelessly pilfered from one of the old official servers, teehee) and everyone else (that I couldn't possibly name all without copy/pasting the permission file because damn that's a lot of names) who help keep the community strumming along.

One of my infamous windbag posts. You're welcome. :)