Page 114 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 2332
    With all the massive changes in MC that have gone on since urps started I would vote for a new start and a Vanilla setup (less reliance on bukkit). Not that i'm so bold as to think I have a say in this venture but im finding myself staying away from URPS recently because a lot of the great changes and new terrain that make MC so fun now are missing from the server..

Until Minecraft finishes the Plugin API reliance on Bukkit is pretty much a necessity. We will be expanding the map so we can get the new terrain, but the plan is to wait until 1.8 because otherwise we'll miss out on some new blocks that are being introduced. (Although another option is to do a partial expansion now and then finish the expansion when the new blocks are added?)

Everyone has a say. I'm the one that holds the reins at the moment, but the server belongs to the community.

Network Hub
    My vote is for no map restart. I've poured too many years work into the server to be able to wave goodbye to it, and even something absurd like copying and pasting Mammalia into a new map wouldn't really help as I've done so many bits all over the place it would be equally heartbreaking.

Particularly if we go official, we will need Bukkit more than ever as we'd undoubtedly get more new players than normal from the publicity.

While people haven't always agreed with our update policy (and I generally long for new blocks as quickly as possible myself), to not keep in step with the plugins would be disaster. We do know that attendance drops as we get further behind the official release, but I think this problem is mitigated more now with the 'new' launcher allowing for multiple MC versions and profiles - there really is no difficulty in swapping servers now regardless of their versions.

I'm happy waiting for the map expansion - and when we finally do do it, how about we team up and explore? I would like to take it slow and enjoy it this time (instead of zooming about all over the new lands as we did, trying to find all the temples and stuff!).

Network Hub
    Oh I meant to ask Elt, is there any chance of a full map re-render? Before my trip I spent a considerable amount of time going around various areas fixing biomes, and of course that now means there's a more patchwork effect on the map than before. I have no idea how resource or time intensive it is, but I figure it is only going to get worse soon with a map expansion on the cards.

I say no map restart, wait for update then full map extend. There are some advantages to staying unofficial, such as RPS not being responsible for anything that is said or built there. Would we need to sanitize the server of anything that could be deemed offensive if a full map migration occurs? Would the attitude of "You can build a giant dick, just don't be one." be acceptable under RPS patronage?

Quote Originally Posted by El Stevo View Post
    Until Minecraft finishes the Plugin API reliance on Bukkit is pretty much a necessity. We will be expanding the map so we can get the new terrain, but the plan is to wait until 1.8 because otherwise we'll miss out on some new blocks that are being introduced. (Although another option is to do a partial expansion now and then finish the expansion when the new blocks are added?)
    Very true, I suppose with an influx of people it would be hard to manage without. Well i'm really looking forward to the extension! Can we get a bit of notice when the extension happens, id love to have a wander into the unknown.

Network Hub
    Dig - I know most of the server pretty well and to be honest there's not that much that might even remotely be deemed offensive. Only two things spring to mind immediately - the naked pissing guy on the west edge of RPS Nova, and Elt and my err... secret area under Cat City, but that, at least, is hidden :)

Activated Node
    As someone who plays once every 9 months or so (I popped my head in today!) I would also vote against a new map/restart. I can't abide throwing away years of progress.

I thought that's what people would say. I will do a re-render Gerb, after I've trimmed off those tentacles.

Obscure Node
    As someone who plays once every 9 months or so (I popped my head in today!) I would also vote against a new map/restart. I can't abide throwing away years of progress.
    Seconded. It's quiet, yes, but it's not worth tossing what's been already built.

Fun touring theplace without using the portals. Found some of my old hideouts :-)

Activated Node
    Server has been down about 24 hours now.

I figured I'd give it some time before reporting it ;)

Obscure Node
    Just poking my head in; server's still down.

Server's back up. Send me a private message if it goes down. It'll get my attention quicker.

Activated Node
    Well, I decided to come back to my lovely pyramid, and the odd but nice people the server is full of. I should be popping up more now. If we went official it'd make me feel I needed to be online more to deal with any griefing, as the server has always been good at stopping people ruining the fun for others and that should continue.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Drose - if you happen to look here before your PMs (I found them very easy to miss until I turned on email notifications), could you edit the first post to update the first paragraph? It quite confusingly talks about the server being on 1.6.4 waiting to update to 1.7.2, which has already been done.
    "Swans are so big, they're like the Ostriches of the bird world"

Lesser Hivemind Node
    On the newbie guide:

Entrance signs - these are really high up and a bit hard to read on lower resolutions/windowed (woo no AA)
    Gate menus - you can either right or left click the destination list, not just right click. Left click scrolls in reverse.
    Sign Styles - is &k meant to be quite so crazy?

Also, on the Level 1 of the /spawn elevator, the field of mobs is not spiderproof so they have a habit of wandering around the viewing area.

Activated Node
    Looking round a bit, liking the new builds. I need someone to give me a tour of the new stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by danny252 View Post
    on the newbie guide:
    Left click scrolls in reverse.
    what

what

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by El Stevo View Post
    what

what
    Yeah, ever since like I joined a billion years ago. And even if you hold down and punch the sign off, it instantly respawns.

Hi All,

My name is JustStatic420, TwinklinPixi3 sent me here to be whitelisted, if possible.
    I'm new to the game but i love building big redstone contraptions and buildings.