Page 17 of 117 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    I updated my gate program tonight to handle different locations for the info, so hopefully it won't be so overwritten (although I think I missed west hub...).

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.p...nt8jha5bn545m4

One thing I did discover which I'm not happy about is the NESW 'hub' in the extreme south east of the map. People should not be building their own quick-routes to the main hubs - it defeats the point of the setup if, for example, there's gates linked to the north hub that are actually in the south of the map. I'm going to go check these spots out, and if admin agrees, sort them out. By which I likely mean remove them if they link to the wrong hub.

Network Hub
    The Nexus was set up (by me if memory serves) several months ago, fairly paid for. Owners are the residents of Waterworks. They wanted to bypass the Central Network since at the time they had to pass through RPS Nova to get anywhere. Several of them had pretty bad lag issues in town, coupled with their desire to be mostly separated from the rest of the server, hence the alternate route. Has been handy for when the North Hub has its stupid little fits; I even put signs there directing peps to use the Nexus if the North Gate happened to be down again.

Meh, leave it. Not harming anything and can continue to serve as a backup for the Central Network.

Where is your squid pond, Rusty?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Swan View Post
    Hi guys, because I love you all and because I need help I have come here...

My multiplayer game demo requires some stress testing over the next few days, so if you can help I'd be grateful. To help you'll need:
    1. a PC that can run the singleplayer demo reasonably (linked from here - http://bit.ly/pllgLr)
    2. a decent internet connection wherever you are in the world
    3. A way of connecting to the #irc channel (server = irc.esper.net, channel = #uRPSGeneral, password = drowssap)
    I'm at the stage where the multiplayer is pretty much working, so if you ever want to dip in for a quick test, come find me on IRC. You can now modify the world on the server too.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by El Stevo View Post
    Where is your squid pond, Rusty?
    The tank is on the bottom floor of my house, along the same wall as the obsidian storage room. There is a temporary pool on the floor above it that we made for testing.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by DRoseDARs View Post
    Meh, leave it. Not harming anything and can continue to serve as a backup for the Central Network.
    OK fairy nuff, but I really don't want to see it anywhere else in that case, and if memory serves me I did see a few that were just plainly misplaced. I haven't checked, but has market been updated to allow for the central hub yet or not? I'd very much like to wrap up the gate changes we started last week or so.

Network Hub
    I should point out that 'wishing to be mostly removed from the rest of the server' should not be a valid reason to abuse the hub set-up. We have private networks precisely for that reason. I'm not happy about the nexus stuff - really it should all be private, but I have my orders from above :)
    What I'd like though is for us to not have a repeat of it - there's no need and it violates the point of what we are doing.

I am terribly sorry that I still didn't modify the market to fit all the gates. I've been abroad until today, because my cousin invited me to his flat in Poland as his flatmates were all at their parent's or on vacation. So I spontanously went to Gdansk and returned today. I'll make sure to modify the market in the next few days.

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

Activated Node
    New maps:

Flat World: http://db.tt/yuc0XvI
    Oblique World: http://db.tt/DGHjdki

Flat nether: http://db.tt/eQWOaXm
    Oblique nether: http://db.tt/mq6nip7

and here is an underground map: http://db.tt/nWcjluI
    I have doubts about its usefulness, but its certainly trippy.
    Last edited by rustyshakelford2; 18-07-2011 at 08:52 PM.

Update will probably happen on Sunday.

Nice, looking forward to it!

Edit:

I almost forgot, I need obsidian to build the portals at market. Seeing as it is a community project, I don't really want to use my own obsidian again.
    Last edited by Comrade Commissar; 19-07-2011 at 08:37 PM.

Network Hub
    *le sigh*

Got new computer, updated the graphics drivers (integrated gpu, not a separate vidcard), client now goes crashy-crash every minute or so. Dontcha love how updates and upgrades aren't?

Activated Node
    I'm getting all sorts of lag and disconnects. Hopefully things will clear up after the restart.

Update: It was a bit better after the restart, but it slowly got worse and is now unplayable.

Update 2:

Last edited by rustyshakelford2; 21-07-2011 at 06:03 AM.

I added two more portals to the market, you can use that as the central hub now.
    Sorry for the delay, but I was really busy.

Network Hub
    I took a look at the market Weed, and what you set up isn't going to work.
    It needs to be 4 gates as at the other hubs (IE so they are consistant), with a 1 block gap between the diagonals. The gap isn't optional sadly, because as you have it now, the signs / buttons would be in the same block as each other :(

I don't mind supplying more obsidian, but unfortunately you are going to have expand the building a bit.

Obscure Node
    Get a mod to help you remove all that obsidian quickly. It will save a lot of time and cursing.

Argh, I should have known that before.
    I won't modify the building, as it would screw the whole space managment over.
    I think I'll do this stuff underground.

Edit:

Forgot about the Hall of Fame I am building under the market.
    So no underground portal hub, but rather the expansion of the building. I'll have to think about how to do it.

Network Hub
    Well since you're having computer issues and thus uncertain server time, I sent you a PM instead Gerb. :)

Network Hub
    OK PMs sorted (including an old one I'd not seen from Jonbas!).

I'm going to look at the gate map I did to start working out which spots should be on the central network.
    I'll initially begin by basing it purely on distance from RPS Nova, to try to get a balance in comparision with the other hubs, but will also factor in things like isolation, road routes etc. Also, if any of you have portals nearish to the center and have a personal preference, I'm more than happy to listen to them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Getting a fair bit of lag on the server. Tried twice, been the only one on, then checked my connection. Both times, my speed wasn't as fast as its best, but well above necessary (4 and 6.5mbs respectively). Something up?