Page 21 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Hey gang- I logged on the other day but I wasnt able to place or break any blocks. Maybe my permissions are incorrect?

Network Hub
    I've mentioned it to Eltagno and Drose, hopefully they can shed some light on it.
    Just in case by coincidence you were in a protected area, try moving a fair way away and digging / building again, and let us know how it goes.

I changed one small thing. I'm not sure why it would make a difference, but you should try again.

Obscure Node
    Player eltagno just added me to the whitelist. Time to get mah mining going on.

Network Hub
    /spawnmob BerZerK creeper 50

Welcome!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Whatever you did seemed to work, I was able to begin my mine last night. Thanks!

Activated Node
    So all the chests in my storage room are empty, and all my signs lost their text. Thats months of work down the drain. Can someone look into this?

Network Hub
    Minecraft.net just took a dump, so can't log on. And before anyone gets their hopes up, 1.8 comes after PAX and PAX is at the end of August. VERY unlikely we're seeing prep for 1.8 release.

Edit: Minecraft.net is back up.
    Last edited by DRoseDARs; 09-08-2011 at 04:22 AM.

Network Hub
    @ Rusty
    Ok, so I'm looking around in your house and noticing some odd things. It isn't just your storage chest signs that've gone blank, there are others in the immediate vicinity. But, it looks highly localized, because there are other signs within the house that are just fine and texty. Ex: Your sign to the guest house is fine, but right next to that is a corridor with a blank sign. The squid tank sign is fine too.

Did a quick google search ("chunk error chests empty") and saw there's a thread about this over on the Bukkit forums. They're trying to identify the bug.

Hi guys, what's the deal with whitelisting at the moment? I know its been needing some wrangling. I've sorted a temp account (thanks to the Humble Bundle!) for my daughter and she wants to give her old man a hand with projects. Also a friend of mine and Alikchi's (SkinnyBonesJones) is still not able to build, he's an oldie who has returned and is consequently a sad panda as he can't do much.

Catch you on the server soon,

digital_pariah/JB

EDIT: My other daughter now has a temp account, so I'm looking to get both of them whitelisted now! Catch me ingame and I'll sort the usernames with whoever, cheers!

EDIT: NVM about the first daughter, I see she's on probation already, thank you.
    Last edited by J.B.; 09-08-2011 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rustyshakelford2 View Post
    So all the chests in my storage room are empty, and all my signs lost their text. Thats months of work down the drain. Can someone look into this?
    This is a known bug in vanilla Minecraft. Where abouts is your storage room? The one near spawn with the night club underneath? If I know the chunks I can try to revert them from a backup.

Cheers for the whitelisting action today El Stevo, good work =)

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by El Stevo View Post
    This is a known bug in vanilla Minecraft. Where abouts is your storage room? The one near spawn with the night club underneath? If I know the chunks I can try to revert them from a backup.
    Yep, thats the one.

Network Hub
    Elt, skinnybonesjones still can't build. I tried my few permission things again but no joy. This is the second person I've not been able to help with the command as listed in the /help mods page - is it actually correct or is something else going on?

Network Hub
    I noted today that with the update, I can now no longer make shrubs (leaf blocks on top of fence posts). I have to say, this has really annoyed me - is there any way around this? A mod or summat? Cos it makes me a sad panda... :(

Network Hub
    I manually edited the file to get skinny in, but was previously not getting the cmd to work in-game for me either.

With the current permissions plugin people can be in more than one group, but it seems it screws up if they are, so after you've added them to probation or whatever you need to remove them from the default group. The command is "/pr *name* <name> parents remove <remove> Default". And even then sometimes it seems to reset after you've changed the groups, so you might need to do it more than once...

And in the not too distant future we'll be moving to a new permissions plugins with all new commands to learn. *sigh*</remove></name>

Quote Originally Posted by rustyshakelford2 View Post
    Yep, thats the one.
    When was the last time you know of that your stuff was still there? So I can choose a suitable backup.

Activated Node
    When was the last time you know of that your stuff was still there? So I can choose a suitable backup.
    I havent been on much lately. A week ago maby?

Network Hub
    With the current permissions plugin people can be in more than one group, but it seems it screws up if they are, so after you've added them to probation or whatever you need to remove them from the default group. The command is "/pr *name* <name> parents remove <remove> Default". And even then sometimes it seems to reset after you've changed the groups, so you might need to do it more than once...

And in the not too distant future we'll be moving to a new permissions plugins with all new commands to learn. *sigh*</remove></name>
    Same as it ever was... ;)