Page 26 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
    Activated Node
    Any word on getting my storage room fixed? I made a schematic file...

http://db.tt/HNdadtY

Network Hub
    Evidently, I was just talking to myself earlier. -_-

Here, let me be clearer:

1) New map for beta 1.8 update = Not. Going. To. Happen.
    2) New map for full retail = Not concrete that it is going to happen nor even planned really, just the earliest we would do one if ever. Still 2 months away anyhow.
    3) Porting buildings/chunks from this map onto a new one or visa versa = Not. Going. To. Happen. (TOO much work involved, potentially everyone wanting their stuff moved, and no way in Hell we're going to play a game of Hot Potato with the map waiting on one person at a time porting their stuff individually. Again it's why only the Clocktower was ported from the old map)
    4) Nerfing chunks from this map and regening with beta 1.8 code = Highly unlikely, probably labor-intensive. See: Porting buildings
    5) Concurrent 2nd uRPS server = Money? Staffing? Time? Foot traffic justifying the bother? Even worth doing before full retail?
    6) Leaving the map as-is through full retail release = Easiest option, but I don't think anyone really wants to miss out on any of the new stuff.
    7) Expanding current map = Only real option that changes the map in any way while leaving everyone's stuff alone.

Guys, don't get your knickers in a bunch over any of this. Our primary mission is and always has been to provide as stable a server as we can (this current display of defiance the server is giving me notwithstanding... -_- ). It doesn't get more disruptive than a full map reset. Besides, we still don't know exactly what beta 1.8 will do to existing maps. This is all moot until we do. Ugh, this feels like the build-up to the Halloween Update all over again. This time, however, can we do it without the server going down for the count and the admin(s) disappearing forever? XD

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by KirbyS View Post
    I've seen a multi-world plugin where you can have multiple worlds running on the same server, so maybe we have a 1.8 world, and a pre-1.8 world with all of our stuff on it.
    EDIT: http://lpminecraft.com/forums/showwi...oks:MultiVerse Here's stuff about it.
    Solution to World Dilemma

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by El Stevo View Post
    Server's back up. The machine it's hosted on at HGS went down. The server had to be restarted manually when the host came back up, so the restart scripts and Drose's tinkerings didn't work. And I didn't realise it was down. Sorry. Somebody e-mail or PM me next time it goes down for an extended period.
    Ah, I figured it must have been something like that on HGS' end. Directly contacting you was going to be my next step after posting above and checking server again. Thank you again. :)

Edit: lol And now I can't get onto the server.
    Last edited by DRoseDARs; 19-08-2011 at 01:36 AM.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by KirbyS View Post
    Solution to World Dilemma
    That has the same problem with just expanding the existing map: How much space will our stuff fill on the host server? Will HGS have a problem handling that or worse, a problem with us even doing that? Would just having a separate server be a more viable option (again, I don't think a 2nd uRPS is really a good option)?

Activated Node
    Are you kidding me? It just went down AGAIN! :(

I can't connect to the host machine. Nothing I can do about it. Going to bed.

Network Hub
    Have a good night's rest, partyboi. ;)

Obscure Node
    Seems the server might be having problems starting up again after automated restarts. It started one about 40 minutes ago and has still not come back online ("End of stream" error).

As for the 1.8 situation, I doubt we are the only server with this dilemma (a dilemma which will return every time there's a major terrain update) so there's always the possibility that the Minecraft community comes up with a tool specific for this situation (perhaps a process which automagically compares the current world to its original state [based on the world seed value] and regenerates all the chunks where altered blocks are below a certain treshold. There might be other tools and possibilities available as well, when the time comes, so I think this is a bit too soon for voting and debating.

Server's back. For now.

Such a tease. I managed to log on for about 2 minutes moments ago, but was then kicked right as my hopes rose from the ashes. Bummer.

Edit: Fixt!
    Last edited by OneStrayBullet; 19-08-2011 at 07:54 AM.

My two penneth - not interested in a new map - put a lot of time and effort into what I've built. So DroseDARs, I second everything you said.

wow, had to re-register thats how long its been :) Anyway I used to build on the first ever unofficial server in those heady days of fun and was wondering if a man could do the same on the big beast that now exists?

Cheers!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWeed View Post
    Also:
    Notch just posted this on Twitter.
    Proper continents with ocean biomes and islands off-shore!
    How could one NOT like that?!
    http://i.imgur.com/lCKwM.png
    Holy frijoles. That's a very cool pic. I would love to build ships.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWeed View Post
    Also:
    Notch just posted this on Twitter.
    Proper continents with ocean biomes and islands off-shore!
    How could one NOT like that?!
    http://i.imgur.com/lCKwM.png
    Notch better make boats viable, and un-buggy then. Or give us better means of transportation, durr. :P
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

Excellently maniacal Steampowered automaton.

Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow, Zaerow & a vast landscape of nicknames since lost in time.

Edit:

Deleted my post, as I wrote it when I was pretty tired.
    Last edited by Comrade Commissar; 20-08-2011 at 03:47 PM.

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

People need to take the aggro down a notch. More civil discussion and less internet drama, please.

Be assured that no big decisions will ever be taken without careful consideration and listening to everyone's input.
    Last edited by El Stevo; 20-08-2011 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerCowboy View Post
    wow, had to re-register thats how long its been :) Anyway I used to build on the first ever unofficial server in those heady days of fun and was wondering if a man could do the same on the big beast that now exists?

Cheers!
    Heeeyy! Welcome back Ginge! Someone get this cowboy a place on the whitelist please =)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I think the server has gone broked again.