Page 28 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    Server is down. Happens far too frequently now, what are our options? Is it possibly caused by us being booted from the server and trying to reconnect too quickly? I always used to be able to reconnect immediately, but dunno what is going on behind the scenes, if anything has changed.

Server, y u so much downtime?

I've never been around when the server doesn't come back immediately after a restart, so I don't know what's happening. It always comes back automatically eventually.

Network Hub
    Really? That last time today with you, I couldn't reconnect for around 10 minutes. I wonder if it is just my problem then? Or rather, a common problem but client-side based.

Activated Node
    So... I've been really bored recently, and this is what i did.... http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/co...about_3_weeks/

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by KirbyS View Post
    So... I've been really bored recently, and this is what i did.... http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/co...about_3_weeks/
    I always wanted to build a giant dam, it just seemed like too much work. Where is this?

Activated Node
    Its on my single player world. My next project will be to do this on the server :D

Mmmh!
    Me gusta!

I did something similar but it's about 10 times smaller and took me one day.

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

Network Hub
    So, I hear everything east of the Appalachians cracked and slipped into the Atlantic Ocean this afternoon. That's one way to clean up DC. Any US East Coast RPSians still with us? :D ;)

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by DRoseDARs View Post
    So, I hear everything east of the Appalachians cracked and slipped into the Atlantic Ocean this afternoon. That's one way to clean up DC. Any US East Coast RPSians still with us? :D ;)
    I was leaning back in a rolling chair when it hit... not the best place to be.

Network Hub
    Earthquakes are mad. Is anyone in a zone where they happen often enough that you just sorta go 'meh'?
    I've felt maybe 3 in my life, and even the strongest (can't remember, think it was high 4s or something, but close to epicenter) was enough to make me crap myself when stuff started falling off the buildings around me. Life is crazy when you can't even trust the ground under your feet!

Network Hub
    We've not had huge ones here in Reno (...yet. Like California, way overdue for one); I've never felt one much beyond a 5.* That weak, yeah mostly just 'meh' but for people living where they don't normally happen at all (in a typical Human lifespan anyway) I can see how it'd be unnerving, particularly where building codes aren't prepared for them. When I was little I had a spider skitter across my bare ass while I was going number 2, been terrified of spiders ever since. Years later I was going number 2 when an earthquake hit, but it didn't bother me ... beyond the inconvenience of the toilet moving. Maybe it's the number of earthquakes I'd already felt at that point that made me not afraid. Perhaps I need to have more spiders crawling on my ass to not be afraid of them anymore.

No, fuck that.

*By which I mean a local earthquake being much beyond a 5. I didn't feel the '89 Loma Prieta quake in San Fransisco, but it made things sway in the house.
    Last edited by DRoseDARs; 24-08-2011 at 04:00 AM.

Activated Node
    I've only felt one big one (5.6) but alot of smaller ones. But it was kind of fun..... xD

Activated Node Mollusc Infestation's Avatar
    We had one in the south of England a couple of years ago, even though we've got no tectonic fault lines anywhere near us. Nobody's safe apparently.

I've only felt one big one (5.6) but alot of smaller ones. But it was kind of fun..... xD
    Hot. (Although 5.6" is about average, not big.)

Activated Node
    Well, yeah, the ground shook for a while, and it felt big at the time, and it was by the biggest I've felt in my 15 year life. xD

Network Hub

With the shitty week I've had at work, the innocence of that post made me smile. Adorable. ;-)

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by DRoseDARs View Post

With the shitty week I've had at work, the innocence of that post made me smile. Adorable. ;-)
    Ah yes, being young. Good times.

Network Hub
    I'd like to say I remember clearly my life at 15, but I can't - hardly a surprise when you know it was 20 years ago, and I can barely remember what I did yesterday :)

Haha... I'm 18 now and I already can't remember what was 3 years ago...

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!