Page 31 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    It's always nice to see people coming back to the server, wb Monkey! And that mod sounds interesting DRose!

Also, Kirby, I'm old enough to be your dad. 35.

PS - AFAIK I'm not your dad.

Activated Node
    I am returned for the time being also.

Made a stupid mistake of checking up on how you all were and downloaded the last map. The rest as they say was history.

Network Hub
    Nice to see you finally cleaned out that overgrown island Wubble :)

Activated Node
    http://i.imgur.com/k9wWF.png
    Look. at the Bottom of the picture. With the small writing. That's MY reddit name :)
    I'm mentioned on the #3 post on r/minecraft. :)

"Notch gives pigs snouts. Pigs love snouts."

I don't get it...

Activated Node
    The person who made the picture messed up the joke. It's supposed to be a play on
    "Get that bitch a ___,
    bitches love ___"
    You have to be a redditor to get it...

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by KirbyS View Post
    The person who made the picture messed up the joke. It's supposed to be a play on
    "Get that bitch a ___,
    bitches love ___"
    You have to be a redditor to get it...
    Silly reddit users, always taking credit for memes that came from other sites.

Activated Node
    Its not "reddit user," its "redditor"
    Edit: God I'm an ass :)
    Last edited by KirbyS; 05-09-2011 at 01:10 AM.

No no, you're just silly for being a reddit user. ;)
    Last edited by Xerian; 05-09-2011 at 10:00 PM.
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

Excellently maniacal Steam-powered automaton.

Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow & Zaerow.

I'm gonna go ahead and say:

AWESOME!

And also watch this:

Those dungeons with cave spiders are brilliant!
    Last edited by Comrade Commissar; 06-09-2011 at 03:16 PM.

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

I'm still alive! Work has been hella busy and Deus Ex 3 had completely taken over my life. Now that I've beaten my first run Ima do my best to hop on when I can. :D

Network Hub
    How comes theres no mention of the server IP in the OP?

Be interesting to try again but isn't the server in USA and quite laggy for us UK folks?

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo1981 View Post
    How comes theres no mention of the server IP in the OP?

Be interesting to try again but isn't the server in USA and quite laggy for us UK folks?
    Its not all that noticeable most of the time - We're alot of folk from europe aswell as america playing on the server, and I myself dont experience much lag, if any. So I wouldnt say "quite laggy" more like "A tiny bit laggy, but unnoticeable after you get used to it" ;)
    And I'm not at home right now, so I cant give ye' the IP - sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by dotBrain View Post
    I'm still alive! Work has been hella busy and Deus Ex 3 had completely taken over my life. Now that I've beaten my first run Ima do my best to hop on when I can. :D
    I'm pretty far into my second run-through, heh. And it'll be nice to see you around some more :]
    Last edited by Xerian; 06-09-2011 at 03:37 PM.
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

Excellently maniacal Steam-powered automaton.

Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow & Zaerow.

Obscure Node
    The server IP is in a googledocs document linked to in the OP.

It's the bold red link called uRPS ADDRESS ;)

Network Hub
    So, my experience with the Solar Apocalypse mod. I can see the appeal if you and some buddies want to do a roleplaying server where you are completely banished from the surface or even any direct contact with sky above, night or day, at least until the modder introduces some kind of protective armor. In single, I had set myself some loose goals that I knew I wouldn't actually accomplish (as I knew I wasn't likely going to continue much longer with the mod) but could still work towards. I did get a small treefarm going, I only managed to miss out on collecting pine saplings, I knew where the nearest grass was and how to *probably* get to it, I did protect water nearby though in retrospect I should have covered before the evaporation kicked in. I cheated a bit to A) update distant chunks to get rid of unevaporated water/burn the land/smelt the sand out past the horizon from my sanctuary and B) to get a better sense of the landscape I had rushed through trying to gather supplies as a flat map only shows so much. I envisioned (had this been a multiplayer session) a decent-sized city under glass where I was and a Great Tree visible behind glass on the side of a nearby mountain overlooking the area. Further in the never-coming future of the not-multiplayer map, once heat armor was available it'd be possible to try to reclaim the barren landscape by placing glass at the highest layer.

In singleplayer, none of that was ever really going to happen. The biggest takeaway for me was the loneliness. The landscape was stark, much more oppressive than just a simple desert as now you're stuck under glass and whatever you can additionally excavate. The lack of even a single clucken ducken or derpy pig was rather jarring. I had never thought about what non-hostile mobs had added before I found myself without the near-term possibility of their company. Again, it has appeal for a multiplayer setup, but I couldn't do it for single. One funny aspect is the unintentionally built-in anti-griefer measure: Yes, they can break glass, but even a moment's exposure and you burst into flames, death quickly follows. As most griefers tend to be newly-spawned, they've not had chance to get buckets for emergency water, tools of any sort, or heat armor (that doesn't exist in the mod yet), so their opportunities to wreak havoc would be somewhat limited.

Activated Node
    new maps:

Flat world: http://db.tt/pKJx1xv
    Oblique world: http://db.tt/vT55KBD

I used an entirely different method for the nether map, and i think it came out much better.
    http://db.tt/bxBJrt4
    Last edited by rustyshakelford2; 08-09-2011 at 08:43 PM.

Network Hub
    Not that anyone would be interested in this even slightly, but Jens and Notch have pre-released a still-buggy build of beta 1.8 for testing purposes. And for the lolz I'm sure... ;)

http://www.minecraftforum.net/news/2...rly-heres-how/
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/news/2...e-pre-release/

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by DRoseDARs View Post
    Not that anyone would be interested in this even slightly, but Jens and Notch have pre-released a still-buggy build of beta 1.8 for testing purposes. And for the lolz I'm sure... ;)

http://www.minecraftforum.net/news/2...rly-heres-how/
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/news/2...e-pre-release/
    I've been playing it for the past hour. The combination of mobs that run away and needing to keep the food bar filled is absolutely maddening. The endermen are very underwhelming, i've killed several without a weapon. The larger biomes and rivers are definitely my favorite features. No bugs so far.

Network Hub
    There's a special page set up to list the bugs in this pre'lease. There's a few bugs... ;)
    http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Kn...gs/Version_1.8

Is anyone else having issues logging on to the server? I'm getting a "Taking too long" error followed by a strange 503 error followed by a minecraft.net url that I have never seen before. This is quite obnoxious.

Edit: Minecraft.net appears to be down, which I kind of figured. Come on Notch, time to invest in some new infrastructure.
    Last edited by OneStrayBullet; 10-09-2011 at 07:45 PM.