Page 35 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    OneStrayBullet mentioned he's had trouble getting this sort of thing to work. I'm copy/pasting the one I use in the hopes it will help him and others. Jonbas taught me ages ago, but I failed to get it to work at first. Revisited my efforts when I got this new computer and I'm not sure what was different this time but it works now.

Copy/paste the two lines below into a new .txt file, change the bits that are relevant to your own install of java and the game (all four quote marks need to be included) as well as your available RAM, save as minecraft.bat to your desktop if you launch the game from there and run your new minecraft.bat file instead of the .exe launcher. To make its desktop icon minecraft-y, rightclick on it>properties>change icon...>point it at the minecraft.exe file (in my case, the minecraft.exe file in my \games\ folder) to get its picture.

@ECHO OFF
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\64\bin\javaw.exe" -Xmx4096M -Xms4096M -jar "E:\Games\Minecraft\minecraft.jar"

That minecraft.jar should be the one that *is not* in the \.minecraft\bin\ folder, it should be the one residing with the minecraft.exe file (again in my case, in my \games\ folder). The game creates two different minecraft.jar files; I'm not well-versed enough to explain why, I only know the \.minecraft\bin\ one is the one I swap around and mess with between versions, and is the one I make clean backups of.

Regarding RAM memory: By dumb design WinXP can't really recognize RAM much beyond 3GB. I'm using 64bit Win7 (and yes 64bit Java), so don't have that issue; I don't know about the 32bit version but assume it wouldn't either unless Microsoft decided to repeat the mistake from WinXP.

I used to use said ... "Script" However, got rid of it ages ago after a clean reformat of my comp, which helped with the problem. I've been having alotta trouble with my java as of late again though, tried to use the very same script, but it only helped slightly. (And hell, did it the exact same way that you just described, so... :P)
    -Also; I utterly miss Jon :/
    Last edited by Xerian; 01-10-2011 at 05:13 PM.
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

Excellently maniacal Steampowered automaton.

Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow, Zaerow & a vast landscape of nicknames since lost in time.

Activated Node
    The 32bit version of java is limited to 2gb per java process on all platforms.

Maintenance Needed:

I went to use central hub 1, had one of those infinite falling glitches as I got there, and when I relogged the destination signs were lying on the ground. Suffice it to say, I have not the needed permissions to repair it myself.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Hey guys.

Sorry I've been out for a bit, no internet at my place back at uni. What've I missed? Anything important and such? Hope you're having fun building!
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Network Hub
    DHP - going on to repair now.
    JG - haven't missed anything at all really.*

* We razed all of your area to the ground and filled it with creeper spawners. Just mentioning ;)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo!

Ahem. Well, it had to be done, I'm sure.

Cough. What I really mean is, that's good to know. I'll try and pop on some time this week, but I want to give Space Marine a try (stupid Internet Activation required...) and I have a crapton of work. Which I really should expect in my final year, but there's a couple of modules I've jumped into the deep end with (course requirement) and they're gonna be real bitches.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Network Hub
    BTW guys if a portal dies like that, I *think* the only thing you need to do is reattach the sign in the right place then try using it to make the game think 'oh, I should probably list the destinations on this sign thingy'.
    Certainly that is all that I do, but dunno if it works for non-mods.

So, I was saying 3 days ago that I would be on MC more frequent past the next 2 weeks, but guess what happened.

On the very first day of my vacations, my PCs mainboard died... Now I of course can't use my PC and there is no other computer at home, which is why I write this from an Internet Café. I hope I can get my hands onto a used mainboard really quick, as I can't afford a new PC right now (I was going to buy one later this year), but I also don't want to spend my savings for a new mainboard, as I won't be using this PC for a long time, anyways.

This said, I wish you happy building and I hope I'll get my PC working as soon as possible.

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

Network Hub
    Sorry to hear that Weed.

Today was cool, was fun to have us all beavering away together.
    Also, 6 people on at once - amazing how much of a difference it all makes :)

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo!

Ahem. Well, it had to be done, I'm sure.

Cough. What I really mean is, that's good to know. I'll try and pop on some time this week, but I want to give Space Marine a try (stupid Internet Activation required...) and I have a crapton of work. Which I really should expect in my final year, but there's a couple of modules I've jumped into the deep end with (course requirement) and they're gonna be real bitches.
    http://nooooooooooooooo.com/
    ^ This ^
    (Seems relevant for both the modules and the ugh... Creeper situation. Hope you'll survive it though! (Again, surviving both the modules aswell as the creepers. Eh.)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWeed View Post
    So, I was saying 3 days ago that I would be on MC more frequent past the next 2 weeks, but guess what happened.

On the very first day of my vacations, my PCs mainboard died... Now I of course can't use my PC and there is no other computer at home, which is why I write this from an Internet Café. I hope I can get my hands onto a used mainboard really quick, as I can't afford a new PC right now (I was going to buy one later this year), but I also don't want to spend my savings for a new mainboard, as I won't be using this PC for a long time, anyways.

This said, I wish you happy building and I hope I'll get my PC working as soon as possible.
    Well, if you get a new motherboard / mainboard, then you could in theory, just get a new case aswell and build your new PC that way - Ofcourse the motherboard'd have to be compatible with both cases, but I doubt that'd be much of an issue... But then again, just sayin'. - Hope we'll see you around soon though - Good luck with it x]
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

Excellently maniacal Steampowered automaton.

Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow, Zaerow & a vast landscape of nicknames since lost in time.

Network Hub
    Um just to be clear, we haven't really touched JG's stuff...
    Also Xerian, why are you obsessed with the word 'ugh' now? :)

Network Hub
    I bet he's wearing a pair of Uggs right now, too.

I like to ugh while I Ugg.

And I know you haven't, I was just going along with it. That being said, you might not have done anything, but dem Creepers are clever. When I go back, who knows how many of them I'll find. Staring. At me. And my banjo. And Fry. (The person who gets not only where it's from but the episode wins my affection and a NINE PIECES OF DIRT!)