Page 37 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Activated Node Mollusc Infestation's Avatar
    I wonder how difficult it would be to program endermen to plant flowers instead of moving blocks. I could certainly live with that.
    Steam: Android Surgeon-General Kraken
    Minecraft: Octopoda

Hello folks, I am just checking in on what's going on and to say that I might play with you again, soon.
    I ordered a new mainboard and it should be here by tomorrow, so that I'll only have to put the old CPU on the new board and then be able to play games again.

If there are still houses in Skullbread, I'd like to take one, so that I can decorate it when I'm back in the game.

Also: Did you start working on the Embassy in Ullapool already, Gerb?

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

Network Hub
    Scotland? Not yet. I have done them in Cathedral City and Skullbread, but the height restriction in Scotland means I need a slight rethink, but it is next on my list :)

Also I think the houses are all taken, so just annoy Eltagno until he builds some more - demand appears to be high, and it has been nice to build around everyone else lately.

Maybe we should consider the same idea in Mammalia :)

Network Hub
    First vid is definitely the best - by the third some of the builds were a bit shite :)
    Rob - what about the sky wizard place? I do want to build something in the sky, tis true!

Activated Node
    So the power went out while I was rendering the map last night. I just went to try it again, any I get a black screen with a cursor after I login. Ill do the new map once i fix it/give up and reinstall everything.

Guys - got a favour to ask of you :)

Next time your around Cathedral City, could you take a couple of screenshots of different bits for me please? I want to see what it looks like with the different packs / skins etc to make sure it all looks as I intend :) Now, obviously don't bother if you just use the Minecraft standard set up :)

Thanks xxx

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinklinPixi3 View Post
    Guys - got a favour to ask of you :)

Next time your around Cathedral City, could you take a couple of screenshots of different bits for me please? I want to see what it looks like with the different packs / skins etc to make sure it all looks as I intend :) Now, obviously don't bother if you just use the Minecraft standard set up :)

Thanks xxx
    OK, as I mentioned earlier I'm using Sphax's PureBDCraft 128x (the version for b19pre2), so here's an album of what I see in Cathedral City:
    http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...y%20-%20uRPS2/

Guess what. When I was about to install my new mainboard yesterday, I noticed my CPU is broken, too. I already figured as much, but didn't have a way to test it. So now I have to buy a new CPU, too. Expect me to start playing MC again later this week, when the CPU has arrived and I can finally fix this stupid computer.

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

Activated Node
    So i got my computer working again and i've been trying to render the map. The last few backups all crash cartograph_g with no error message. I've tried pixelmap, but it seems to output nothing. I'll fight with it more and see where I get.

Network Hub
    I'll get started on a carto one, pixel hasn't worked for me with this server for a while now sadly.

Edit: Huh, ok. Carto did the same thing to me. Ima try something else.
    Last edited by DRoseDARs; 10-10-2011 at 03:36 AM.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by DRoseDARs View Post
    I'll get started on a carto one, pixel hasn't worked for me with this server for a while now sadly.

Edit: Huh, ok. Carto did the same thing to me. Ima try something else.
    Well good, at least its not just me. Mcmap still works, but it outputted a png file that is nearly 300mb. I don't have enough ram to open it. Its not a flat map either. I'll try some more programs, a few look promising.

Network Hub
    Speaking of not just you, I gave PixelMap a shot and it just took a dump on me. "Reached allocation limit. Try again with cache parameter --cache." I've never had that error before and the damn thing reached 100% render when it barfed that out at me. -_-

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by DRoseDARs View Post
    Speaking of not just you, I gave PixelMap a shot and it just took a dump on me. "Reached allocation limit. Try again with cache parameter --cache." I've never had that error before and the damn thing reached 100% render when it barfed that out at me. -_-
    Yep, thats exactly what I got. There were some nice looking rendering programs that didn't provide binaries, i'll see if I can get them to compile tomorrow.

Here's what cat city looks like to me....

http://s976.photobucket.com/albums/a...view=slideshow

Both Drose and DHP, thank you so much for that :) So far, couldn't be happier :) DHP, what skins / etc are you using, I love how the cobble looks on your set up :)

Activated Node
    Success!

New flat map: http://db.tt/AAneR3Fv
    New oblique map: http://db.tt/93CArUol

I used a different rewrite of cartographer, so they look just like the ones i've been doing. The only problem is that there are some weird black spots in certain areas. Any idea what those could be? There are a bunch near some of the southern roads. Tall grass perhaps?
    Last edited by rustyshakelford2; 10-10-2011 at 07:55 PM.

Network Hub
    Drose - I'm not a big fan of your tex pack, but there are a few major wins in there - particularly the pine leaf block, makes such a difference! Also something kept bugging me and it took me ages to suss out what the prob was - you have the mod that makes the side of single height different grass blocks be covered in the normal grass texture :)

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by rustyshakelford2 View Post
    Success!

New flat map: http://db.tt/AAneR3Fv
    New oblique map: (uploading now)

I used a different rewrite of cartographer, so they look just like the ones i've been doing. The only problem is that there are some weird black spots in certain areas. Any idea what those could be? There are a bunch near some of the southern roads. Tall grass perhaps?
    Lovely! Rusty, that must be grass, it is all over the place. Just need to tweak the colour codes (no idea how it is done, with an image?) and all will be well in the future I reckon.