Page 38 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
    Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbster View Post
    Lovely! Rusty, that must be grass, it is all over the place. Just need to tweak the colour codes (no idea how it is done, with an image?) and all will be well in the future I reckon.
    All I have is a precompiled executable, so I guess its up to the author to fix it. The source is available, but its written in c++ and my programming knowledge is mostly java related.

Got a trial mumble server on the go guys for the next couple of weeks -

Host name : georgeistired.mumble.com
    Port : 9080

Join me!

Activated Node
    Lovely! Rusty, that must be grass, it is all over the place. Just need to tweak the colour codes (no idea how it is done, with an image?) and all will be well in the future I reckon.
    Whatever it is, it is right by those snail tracks you leave behind you wherever you go.

Maybe each black dot represents a dog you've tamed to deprive the rest of us :)

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by rustyshakelford2 View Post
    All I have is a precompiled executable, so I guess its up to the author to fix it. The source is available, but its written in c++ and my programming knowledge is mostly java related.
    Ah Ok, I thought the programs used an external image for the colours, something similar to a scaled down (!) version of the texture with each block represented by a single pixel.
    If you have link to the program you use, I can take a prod.

Wubble - you say that but at least I let them roam free. Try visiting doneazzo's castle - he has 50 or so all shut inside the keep!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I disapprove of the maps. I used to be able to find my valley due to the pine. RUINED FOREVER. GOOD DAY!

...I'll be on after some TV later.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Activated Node
    Ah Ok, I thought the programs used an external image for the colours, something similar to a scaled down (!) version of the texture with each block represented by a single pixel.
    If you have link to the program you use, I can take a prod.

Wubble - you say that but at least I let them roam free. Try visiting doneazzo's castle - he has 50 or so all shut inside the keep!
    Most of them do, but this one does not.

http://toolchain.eu/project/c10t

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by rustyshakelford2 View Post
    Most of them do, but this one does not.

http://toolchain.eu/project/c10t
    Take a look at this: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...1#entry8250071
    In particular posts 1052 and 1054 - it might be what you are looking for.

Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Network Hub
    Drose - I'm not a big fan of your tex pack, but there are a few major wins in there - particularly the pine leaf block, makes such a difference! Also something kept bugging me and it took me ages to suss out what the prob was - you have the mod that makes the side of single height different grass blocks be covered in the normal grass texture :)
    Your loss, but I know you and Rob prefer to build in default so you know everyone can see exactly the same thing. Also, I'm not using any such mod. I believe what you're seeing is some setting from the mcpatcher that allows for HD texture packs. Sphax has a number of different resolutions of his pack available, from the default 16x all the way up to I think 512x, it's just the 128x that gets his preferential attention. You should grab a copy of the 16x and see if you like anything in there still like the pine needles, if so you can Gimp\Photoshop them into your terrain.png or whichever appropriate file. I didn't like the 16x variant much myself, but that's more because Painterly will always be my favorite at that resolution. :)

Rusty, congrats on finally beating the render creepers blowing up your computer. :)
    I'm almost positive the black spots are as you say the tall grass. I spammed the area around Highgarden Valley out east (shameless plug) and I can see tons of it.

Network Hub
    Drose I think you have the bettergrass thing enabled in the patcher - I seem to recall it was one of the options there.

Network Hub
    Guys a couple of things, questions more like:

1) Town net is expanding rapidly! We now have Mammalian Embassies in Cathedral City, Bodington, Skullbread, Scotland and RPS Nova! If you wish for one to be built in your town, let me know! (OneStrayBullet, I would love to stick one in Nyan, any chance of it?).

2) Road infrastructure. I really feel like there should be a road linking RPS Nova with the east hub, which not only contains the shopping district, but is quite well developed and a busy area. I will lay out a route, but any volunteers to help build it would be welcome! Also, suggestions for other needed routes are welcome.

3) Building in RPS Nova - a space has become available where Redeemer has removed some of his existing structure. If you fancy having a pad in the most prestigious location on the server (just by the entrance to n00b castle no less!) let us know :)

Regarding 3, can it be a giant pine tree surrounded by 9 blocks of dirt?