Page 39 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I really want ridable dragons. That would just be too utterly awesome. Even if he doesn't do it, it'll be modded in so damn quickly.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Network Hub
    Well, I have to imagine the enderdwagons will be like ghasts in that there are some blocks they can't affect. Rather, I hope. I imagine the Endermen can't be too happy sharing a realm with such creatures... oh I hope that's not how Notch is explaining Enderman block molestation: They steal stuff in our realm to rebuild in theirs.

Also, rideable CONTROLLABLE dwagons would be awesome. And having seen the babies animals, the mental picture of a big-headed baby dwagon is utterly hilarious. :D

For those that are interested I've started a new thread here which has a download link to the first "more than rubbish" demo of my Minecraft-like game, Diorama. I'd love for you all to test it etc...

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...iorama-DM-demo

Spawn will soon be going under renovation. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.

Network Hub
    Per Eltagno's request, Teh Lnogbed:
    http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...uRPS2/Lnogbed/

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by DRoseDARs View Post
    Per Eltagno's request, Teh Lnogbed:
    http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...uRPS2/Lnogbed/
    Far far more important than lnog bed (although admittedly it is 100 beds of awesomeness) is droses other pic - the ooooold map of this server when RPS Nova is but a mere hint of its future glory and epic cave hasnt had time for the grass to grow over the merging dirt laid down! Any idea when that is from and if you have a full sized version?

Network Hub
    Here's a hint: Check the file name, and bare in mind different date ordering conventions...

As far as a larger version, I should but I'll have to dig for it, probably on my laptop if anywhere. And it's funny, I've never been able to place Epic Cave on any map, despite knowing where it is now for a few months. I totally missed that little detail there, Gerb.

What texture pack is that, D? It's lovely!

Network Hub
    Sphax's PureBDCraft 128x (the beta1.9pre3 set as pre4 isn't out yet); comes in resolutions from 16x to 512x, 128x is his primary. It is rather smexy, isn't it? Even has a few alternate graphics to mix-n-match. And the preponderance of pentagons make me giggle.
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...e-v093-101011/

I also might as well recommend Painterly's amazing 16x texture pack. Bazillions of customization options. :)
    http://painterlypack.net/

Also, Bisquack turned me on to Misa's 64x last fall and I'd used it for a while. I stopped since at the time updates were coming fast and heavy and I got tired of trying to keep up, which is when I found Painterly and used that for most of the past year. The only thing that I really didn't like (that I recall, it's been so long) in Misa's is the cobblestone. It's actually worse than Notch's. And when I was using it, red roses weren't roses. Wtf? Lame.

Anyway, all in all Misa's 64x was also pretty good I thought when I was using it:
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...-update-14oct/

Though, I like the method that Rob and Gerb have been using to build their projects in: They use the default textures so that they can be sure everyone can see the same thing. Some blocks that look rather good in one texture pack can look rather shit in another. *cough* Sphax's 128x and Painterly's 16x cobblestone vs. Misa's 64x and default Notch's 16x cobblestone *cough*

Activated Node
    So three things....

1. Would anyone like to sell me some obsidian and/or glowstone?

2. I've got an awesome new map project in the works.

3. I believe the server has a birthday coming up in the next month or so. We should have some sort of celebration.

Activated Node
    My new map project was a success. I did a render with dynmap, and am hosting it on the site for my own server. It is possible for this map to update in realtime, but it uses up a lot of server resources that we probably can't spare. Updating it manually isn't too much work, so this is how i'll do the maps from now on.

http://www.raycore.org/rpsmap/web/

Network Hub
    Oh that IS a nice map, Rusty. Good job. :)

I do however request that you not put player locations, signs (I think some programs utilize special characters placed on the signs themselves in order to render them and not others) or caves in there. Hidden places and untapped dungeons should remain as such without this cheat sheet. I'll hold off putting the map link in the OP until confirmation, but it'll definitely be placed.

That is a very nice map, thanks!

Oh and the server is down I think. WAIL. SOB. CRY FOR ATTENTION.

Network Hub
    Checking in before bed: I just attempted to Restart the server and failed. I attempted to Stop then Start the server, failed. I'm wondering if there's a problem on HGS' end. Possible the physical server we're hosted on went to see Jesus (that's happened at least once before for us I think) or otherwise is inoperable at the moment.

It's back up.

Wait, no it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by El Stevo View Post
    Wait, no it isn't.
    You tease.

In the console there are some messages about insufficient space, and then it tries to start the server on the wrong port. I contacted support.

They fixed it for us. Server's back up.

Network Hub
    Just to point out, the server is no longer restarting on the half hour.
    It gives the warning message but simply doesn't restart.