Page 40 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Should work now.

For anyone wanting to try the demo of my game - the "proper" RPS thread for it has now got details of a server I'm trying to run as much as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Swan View Post
    For those that are interested I've started a new thread here which has a download link to the first "more than rubbish" demo of my Minecraft-like game, Diorama. I'd love for you all to test it etc...

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...iorama-DM-demo

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by DRoseDARs View Post
    Oh that IS a nice map, Rusty. Good job. :)

I do however request that you not put player locations, signs (I think some programs utilize special characters placed on the signs themselves in order to render them and not others) or caves in there. Hidden places and untapped dungeons should remain as such without this cheat sheet. I'll hold off putting the map link in the OP until confirmation, but it'll definitely be placed.
    The player positions won't display unless its linked to the server, so those wont be an issue. I don't think it even supports signs, so that wont be either. Ill see if i can turn off the cave map.

edit: I deleted the files for the cave map from the webserver, but it still shows up even after clearing my browser cache. Something else must be caching it, hopefully it will go away soon.
    Last edited by rustyshakelford2; 16-10-2011 at 07:52 PM.

Activated Node
    Rusty - A quick suggestion that you can feel free to dismiss with a meh.

Is it possible to change the isometric map to display the cubes as cubes rather than diamonds?

I've just read that back and it doesn't make much sense to me at all.

squares, cubes etc 90 degree angles i dunno. I'm feeling the number I should say here is 45 degrees. my maths has always been shocking. mumble mumble. pay me no attention

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Wubble69 View Post
    Rusty - A quick suggestion that you can feel free to dismiss with a meh.

Is it possible to change the isometric map to display the cubes as cubes rather than diamonds?

I've just read that back and it doesn't make much sense to me at all.

squares, cubes etc 90 degree angles i dunno. I'm feeling the number I should say here is 45 degrees. my maths has always been shocking. mumble mumble. pay me no attention
    0_o They are diamond shaped because the map is at a 45 degree angle. They might be slightly non square, but its just the way the program does it.

Network Hub
    I think I know what wubble means - I've seen a few renderers capable of exporting a face-on oblique projection, but IMO they look poo anyway. I still just use the top down map anyway, cos the oblique (without more shading) makes it really hard to see where things are relative to the height.

However, the map system itself is cool, and if it is easer for Rusty to update, I'm all for it.

BTW Rusty, what were your thoughts on adding in portal markers? I can probably molest one of the admins into giving me the latest file, and I can strip out the useless or private ones and format it if you need a particular layout?

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbster View Post
    I think I know what wubble means - I've seen a few renderers capable of exporting a face-on oblique projection, but IMO they look poo anyway. I still just use the top down map anyway, cos the oblique (without more shading) makes it really hard to see where things are relative to the height.

However, the map system itself is cool, and if it is easer for Rusty to update, I'm all for it.

BTW Rusty, what were your thoughts on adding in portal markers? I can probably molest one of the admins into giving me the latest file, and I can strip out the useless or private ones and format it if you need a particular layout?
    lets do this

Network Hub
    Give us a few days to finish new spawn rusty, as the central hub is all over the place right now. Itll probably take us that long to get our hands on the file anyway, as eltagno hates me despite supplying him with sacrificial wolves for his secret rituals :)

PS Thanks to those who kept me company during the toe incident. Distractions were most welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbster View Post
    eltagno hates me despite supplying him with sacrificial wolves for his secret rituals :)
    If you want to get into my good books only your firstborn will do.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by El Stevo View Post
    If you want to get into my good books only your firstborn will do.
    Seems fine - I'll proooobably never have kids. Where do I sign?

Muaha!
    I finally got my PC running again! I ended up buying a new mainboard, CPU and power supply.
    The PC has the power of 4 cores now, oh yeah...
    The reason why it took me so long is because I ran into some problems regarding my RAM, but I fixed it. :D

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

Erm, I broke the sign thing opposite the market. Lots of signs fell off. Sorry. :(

Anyone else having connection issues?

Network Hub
    Yes indeed. I'd best get Eltagno my first born since it seems like the only way to sort these issues.
    Man I feel sorry for him, all that pressure.

FIX IT YOU GIT AND RIGHT NOW! ;)

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWeed View Post
    Muaha!
    I finally got my PC running again! I ended up buying a new mainboard, CPU and power supply.
    The PC has the power of 4 cores now, oh yeah...
    The reason why it took me so long is because I ran into some problems regarding my RAM, but I fixed it. :D
    Welcome back, just in time to not have a working server! You may have a few surprises waiting for you at the market, and that isn't including Elt breaking the sign thing.

Activated Node
    Server's back up it seems

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Indeed, MrWeed has no idea of my ENTIRELY 100% ABSOLUTELY EVIL pine tree surrounded by NINE dirt blocks.

A horror none should face.