Page 41 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    BTW because I haven't seen it anywhere else, here are the colour codes for signs:

&0 = black
    &1 = dark blue
    &2 = green
    &3 = cyan
    &4 = red
    &5 = purple
    &6 = orange
    &7 = light grey
    &8 = dark grey
    &9 = light blue
    &a = light green
    &b = light cyan
    &c = light red
    &d = light purple
    &e = yellow
    &f = white

If you want an actual & symbol in your sign, I 'believe' the way to do it is to just not follow it with any of the above codes.

Restarts now happen twice daily rather than once every hour.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Any particular reason for that, or has God upgraded?
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Network Hub
    Couldn't reconnect Drose - wasn't being rude and just leaving without saying gnight, but I can't be arsed to keep trying to get back on when the only thing I had left to do was post up the PE* / Sex Ed. time table for the girls` school in Cathedral City.

* There will be an inspection to check the girls are using regulation gym clothes by Professor Gerbster and Doctor 'Tagno tomorrow immediately after the shower.

Network Hub
    No, I know Gerb. It was the server dc'ing us both again. I spent a few more minutes spelunking and called it quits. Made good progress in short time down there tonight, caves I hadn't torch spammed yet even. Ima have to load the map into something to have a gander at how extensive my caves really are, pretty curious now.

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Any particular reason for that, or has God upgraded?
    Because restarts are annoying. Hourly restarts were definitely necessary in the beginning but now, it appears, not so much.

God upgraded. Got it!

That's good to hear. My only concern though is that sometimes when you can't access the server, it's possible to do so after the next restart. Unless that random issue is addressed, wouldn't this mean we'd need to wait longer to potentially see if we can get back on again if we can't alert someone to manually restart?
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Network Hub
    In that case, call 999 or 911, depending on your geographical location.

Network Hub
    Which I'm half inclined to try, because server-be-down :(

Network Hub
    :-/
    Yeah, looks like it's being spazzy again. "Disconnected by Server. Took too long to log in." Forcing a restart had no effect. Stopping then restarting the server didn't either. Elt, don't know if the dueling restart wrappers have called a truce but would making the restarts more frequent than every 12 hours be a solution? Hourly wasn't THAT annoying and really kind of served as a gentle reminder that there's life to be lived outside of Minecraft. That, and bathroom breaks. ;-)

In the meantime, I've been partaking in some new ssp mods for b181 tonight. The MAtmos mod is fantastic. Adds contextual atmospheric sounds which have been woefully lacking from the game and what ones there are (water flowing and random cave) are pitiful and erratic. The Tale of Kingdoms mod looks interesting, though unfortunately in my current case I spawned on an island in the middle of an ocean biome, so I just spawned the starting Guild there and have been exploring the seas looking for the mainland. A couple of nice islands here and there, but so far no where appropriate to found my own settlement once I've reached King level. Also, I'm not entirely sure how Millenaire's town mod got in this minecraft.jar I'm using for the other mods; perhaps I mislabeled it? Anyway, from past play it's a pretty good NPC mod, though current build is further along than whatever build I've forgotten I've installed in this .jar, so I can't speak to current improvements (and from what I've read there ARE improvements made and bugs stomped from when I last played with it).
    Last edited by DRoseDARs; 22-10-2011 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Herpaderp, got the name of the Tale of Kingdoms mod wrong :P

Network Hub
    The Tale of Kingdoms mod surprised me by having buildings that didn't look like a pile of shit.
    However, easy for them to plan, since the whole city is pre-made, but there you go.
    Have heard good things about the millenaire town mod so will go take a look, but only really cos I might get some inspiration, not cos I'm genuinely expecting to find anything better than what our humble server has.

Network Hub
    Millenaire's is neat in that people can add custom buildings for the NPCs to build, and you can even create new cultures with their own building sets. It's a lot of work to go that far, but the tools are there. There's a separate thread offering up custom buildings; Millenaire has even incorporated a few into the mod proper. The more I think about it (and the more endless seas I sail) the more I think I'm just going to nuke this modded .jar and redo it with the current build of Millenaire. When I first loaded this .jar tonight I found that a settlement had spawned pretty close by (I hadn't realized yet that I'd messed up my labeling, hence not realizing it was Millenaire's I was seeing) and when I spawned the ToK guild, damn thing plopped right on top of a Norman agricultural settlement.

Obscure Node
    Is the server down at the moment? Can't seem to connect :-/

Quote Originally Posted by DRoseDARs View Post
    :-/
    Yeah, looks like it's being spazzy again. "Disconnected by Server. Took too long to log in." Forcing a restart had no effect. Stopping then restarting the server didn't either. Elt, don't know if the dueling restart wrappers have called a truce but would making the restarts more frequent than every 12 hours be a solution?
    Well, no. If a manual restart doesn't work then automated restarts won't work either, since it does exactly the same thing. The server is up and running fine. Nobody can connect because of the Minecraft.net servers.

Quote Originally Posted by tudou View Post
    Is the server down at the moment? Can't seem to connect :-/
    Our server is up, Minecraft.net isn't, so we can't connect to it.

Minecraft.net servers are back up. We can get in now.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by El Stevo View Post
    Minecraft.net servers are back up. We can get in now.
    Thanking you for the info.

Out of interest, any idea when we'll be updating the server? Considering the official release is creeping up on us, is the plan to wait it out till then and then go from there?

It's not so much the new tools and items I'm interested in, I just want completely brand spanking new world to explore...so I really should stock up, actually.