Page 42 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DRoseDARs View Post
    Hourly wasn't THAT annoying and really kind of served as a gentle reminder that there's life to be lived outside of Minecraft. That, and bathroom breaks. ;-)
    I added an hourly clock thing. As for the bathroom breaks, I'm afraid I can't help you there. I'd offer to hold it and even zip you up afterwards, but unfortunately you're on a different continent.

Network Hub
    So now we have phantom Minecraft.net outages to watch for. In short, blame <strike>notch</strike> mollstam. Got it. ;)

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

Validation servers are acting up again. Good time to bring the server down for the 1.8 update.

Quote Originally Posted by El Stevo View Post
    I added an hourly clock thing. As for the bathroom breaks, I'm afraid I can't help you there. I'd offer to hold it and even zip you up afterwards, but unfortunately you're on a different continent.
    Which one are you?

Last edited by Phydaux; 23-10-2011 at 10:28 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWeed View Post
    Simply amazing.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Server's on 1.8, but it's not running very smoothly. Permissions is pretty fucked. There are multiple plugins that either don't work or I haven't got round to testing yet. Chests are fucked too. All the world data is backed up, so we can roll back if we need to. Use at your own risk.

Going to bed now. Won't be able to do any more work on it until after work tomorrow.

Network Hub
    It didn't remember the bloody server IP? Grrrr.... time to hunt...

96.44.143.178:25566

In case you need it, since it also appears to not remember it in my version at least...
    Last edited by Gerbster; 24-10-2011 at 03:26 AM.

Network Hub
    Folks, don't get to used to this update, we need to see how nice it plays with our server before we commit to it. As Elt said, we have the backups if we need to do a rollback.

Ok, Gerb and I are on now having a looksee. Yeah, chests are wonked up (known bug in b181), and stargates don't work at all (do NOT /spawn if you're a non-OP unless you want to be trapped there). Name colors are nerfed to, but we both have our OP powers so that's probably just graphical. I think the hunger bar drops a bit too quickly (did Notch slow it in b19pres?) so pay attention to it guys and gals. Be also aware that fog has changed as well: The deeper you are the closer it gets regardless of your render distance setting, though being near direct sunlight pushes it back. Ex: My treefarm is at the bottom of the map and has a skylight in the center. From the center I can see all sides of the farm (that aren't blocked by trees, that is) but as soon as I step away the fog creeps closer until I can't see further than 14 blocks away. I haven't seen the Endermen yet and am not sure if Elt nerfed them or otherwise neutered them.

Read up on the Version History to see all current build information for b18 and b181:
    http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Version_history
    (Note: Beta 1.9 Pre-Releases (1-4) are not presented on that page as they are not full releases)

Network Hub
    I couldn't stay on long cos of my connection, but maybe if a mod or admin has time, we just dig some crappy exit from spawn, otherwise people who die and respawn are trapped. Drose you still around and able to manage that? Maybe just a door with pressure plate on the inside to keep it shut?

For those who don't know, new spawn is just north west of RPS Nova.

Network Hub
    So guess who I wandered around in the east with for a few hours? Alikchi! He says hi. :)

Activated Node
    Continuing to establish my server tradition of "being a regular for a month and a half, then vanish for a month and a half, repeat"

Creepy!

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

Server's running relatively smoothly and the permissions are set up. One or two plugins aren't working yet, like shops, and sign colours and the sleep plugin. Permissions could still break when people who haven't been on since before the update connect, for reasons that I can't fathom.

All the chests have a graphical bug that makes them look like they're all oriented to face the same direction (so that's approximately three quarters of the chests on the map that are fucked). If you don't have many you can fix them yourself by destroying them and replacing, or you can ask a mod or admin to fix them for you. Mods, you do this by right clicking on the face (not the top or bottom or side) of the chest on which you want the opening. This only works once for each chest.

Oh, stargates are up and running, so it's safe to /spawn.

Activated Node
    Thanks for doing the the update elt. When you get the rest of the plugins straightened out, don't forget about the black hole that is my storage room.

Network Hub
    Fantastic Elt, thank you once again. :)

Network Hub
    Can't stress enough that guys need to check chests. They graphically have changed. As you probably know there is an opening / closing animation, but what you might not realise is they are now smaller than a full block in size, so you may need to remove them, particularly if they were used for flooring :(

Network Hub
    Also cheers Elt, sorry you had to put up with my rants as I kept discovering things that pissed me off!

Guys, do remember what is new. For the builders amongst you, the most important are probably brick stairs, the new smooth stone bricks / stairs / slabs, glass panes and metal bars.
    Farmers - pumkin and watermelon farms (although how to get watermelon seeds I dunno, we might need to give out a few - Elt)?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    What, if any, are the plans to open up new land to explore brand new terrain?