Page 46 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Pride - lots of rarer materials up against a lava-y edge? The idea that you are often oblivious to obvious issues?..

Yeah, that sounds stupid.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Activated Node Mollusc Infestation's Avatar
    Wrath - TNT or creepers. Or perhaps a structure made entirely from mob spawners.
    Steam: Android Surgeon-General Kraken
    Minecraft: Octopoda

Activated Node
    I imported part of our map into blender and have been trying out some different renders. I hope to eventually create an animated flythrough of the server. Heres a very rough sample.

Are you using a library to import the region files or converting the data yourself? If you want any help with something feel free to ask as I've been through pretty much everything already for my game.

Funnily enough I wanted to add a spline camera tool fairly early to mine too for nice flythroughs...

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Swan View Post
    Are you using a library to import the region files or converting the data yourself? If you want any help with something feel free to ask as I've been through pretty much everything already for my game.

Funnily enough I wanted to add a spline camera tool fairly early to mine too for nice flythroughs...
    I'm using a tool called mcobj, which does all the conversion for me. Right now the biggest problem is me not knowing the first thing about blender. I think its time to watch some tutorial videos.

Quote Originally Posted by rustyshakelford2 View Post
    I'm using a tool called mcobj, which does all the conversion for me. Right now the biggest problem is me not knowing the first thing about blender. I think its time to watch some tutorial videos.
    Dont worry, Blender is really, REALLY easy to use & get used to, and their own tutorials are pretty great.
    It'd be a nice addition to our many lovely "side-features"

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Swan View Post

Do it. DO IT. ;)
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

Excellently maniacal Steampowered automaton.

Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow, Zaerow & a vast landscape of nicknames since lost in time.

Could someone whitelist Bimmenhausen? Thanks :]

Network Hub
    Elt, I did try but I think the whitelisting tool doesn't work with 1.8. Worse than that, after using it, with BImmenhausen on the server, doing /who generated an error, hopefully it'll show up in the logs?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbster View Post
    Elt, I did try but I think the whitelisting tool doesn't work with 1.8. Worse than that, after using it, with BImmenhausen on the server, doing /who generated an error, hopefully it'll show up in the logs?
    Ugh, actually, whenever someone is on without being whitelisted (or used to be whitelisted but got un-listed due to that there bug) then alot of other peoples' permissions break, for some very wierd and seemingly random stuff, untill said person leaves at which point everything works as it should, more or less.
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

Excellently maniacal Steampowered automaton.

Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow, Zaerow & a vast landscape of nicknames since lost in time.

Network Hub
    Yup noticed that last night. Silly MC :(

I appear to no longer be whitelisted, and cannot escape spawn. Any idea how this happened, and how I could get it fixed to get back home?

Network Hub
    Ok, my attempts to both use admin majicks and manually changing the file failed (all the ones I saw had Des as a builder; in game he was whitetext wtf?) so I'm at a loss. :-/

You need to move his entry higher up in the file. Don't ask me why that fixes it because I don't know :(

I've done it now.

Network Hub
    Weird, ok thank you for identifying the trick. Silly MC :(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    So I was gonna come on and play tonight, but I don't know if the update worked properly, purely because Minecraft crashed with the same graphics problem that Amnesia had. Me thinks it's to do with the last driver update for Battlefield 3; Renegade Ops and Binding of Isaac work, so I'm guessing it's just ATI being idiots and rushing out the update but not being fully aware of its affects.