Page 48 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    Scrolls, you mean Scrolls. ;)

Activated Node Mollusc Infestation's Avatar
    Skyrim and a little bit of 1.0 dabbling.
    Steam: Android Surgeon-General Kraken
    Minecraft: Octopoda

Quote Originally Posted by DRoseDARs View Post
    Scrolls, you mean Scrolls. ;)
    I have this slight paranoia that this joke will come full circle one day, when Bethesda try to use it as evidence that there is a genuine confusion between the two franchises.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    It's only being used by those that really know the difference. Something of a joke among gamers. Honestly, they brought it on themselves.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Unfortunately for Bethesda, the high profile of this story and the prevalence of that particular joke means that they basically have no case left. I'm anticipating that the legal system will see it a little less simply though.

Network Hub
    I can honestly say that I have never come close to hating the Steam Store's atrocious formatting as much as I do right now. They're having one of their quaint little GINORMOUS sales at the moment (for the next 12-15 hours, depending if you're looking at the website or looking through your Steam client) and I'm trying to browse through hundreds of strategy/simulation titles that have been marked down... 10 listings per page. Jesus tap-dancing Christ, Valve, getting some better view options. I have especially always loved how if you click on a title (intentionally or accidentally) and try to go back to the previous page, the list resets back to the first page of titles, which is awesome if you've already gone through a few pages and have pages more to go... AND YOU CAN'T JUMP TO PAGES. *RAGE*

I am still, of course, going to continue to throw my money at them but cripes, do they have to make me work so hard to do so?

Edit: Sorry, the time figure applies to daily deals, not the Autumn Sale as a whole which will go on for a few more days.
    Last edited by DRoseDARs; 24-11-2011 at 03:06 AM.

Why are you even looking now? You're supposed to wait till the last day to see if they're further reduced at some point! It strikes me as odd though that they have this sale now when the winter sale will be about a month off, if that, where the prices are likely to be even further reduced, including titles more recently released. I'm annoyed about Renegade Ops though. I had that pre-ordered back in August when it looked like it was coming out and now it's on sale. Granted I paid for the 4-pack so it was at regular sale price now, but it's a little insulting. At least with Binding of Isaac it was cheap enough to not be disgruntled by it.

Anyhow, with regards to 1.0, what is the plan to move forward with the server? Eventually we'll be updating, but what will be happening with the map? Based on what was said before with 1.8, are we going to be expanding in one direction, or what? I'm very excited about filling out new land with pines. All pines, everywhere. Muah-haha.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

The daily deals are always worth checking out. And yes, the steam store is horrible.

Can someone please upload and link the 1.8.1 jar? I haven't played for a while and cannot seem to find it available for download online anywhere.

Network Hub
    Actually the fact people are invested into other games might work nicely for us as we can just sorta idle along all occupied elsewhere until the mods and what-have-you are ready for an upgrade. Quiet server when we are an update behind the latest version = less pleading to update :)

Yeah, its got alot to do with school and the fact that Autumn & Christmas are the months where every sodding anticipated game seems to come out, and school. Goddamn school. I myself have played 120+ hours of skyrim since it launched, but have managed to get onto MC quite alot aswell :>

And regarding the steam-store, I wouldnt say its -THAT- bad, I've certainly had worse. Alot sodding worse. And I do think such changes are in the works, read something about something similar (as far as I recall) on the Steamforums a few days ago :>
    Oh, and you guys do realize that Mojang can sue "The Elder Scrolls" if they get to trademark Scrolls, right? - Atleast in several countries.
    And really, even if its silly or not, noone should be able to trademark one simple, often-ish used word. Like that git that holds the trademark for Edge, that guy is just sodding horrible.
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

Excellently maniacal Steam-powered automaton.

Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow & Zaerow.

Allegedly Mojang offered to drop the trademark application, but that was not deemed to be an adequate resolution. Bethesda had a problem with the mere fact that they were using the word Scrolls in a video game title.

DISCLAIMER- i frankly couldn't care less about this case from a moral perspective. It's just lawyers enacting the laws which they invent to keep themselves in work as far as i can tell.

Network Hub
    To be fair, it isn't Bethesda itself rather its bitchy parent company Zenimax Media Inc. that's suing. I agree, lawyers being lawyers. Meh. As for map plans, an extension onto the existing one is likely but keep your panties on, we're biding our time while things get updated for mc100. We'll figure out what to do after the server is all caught up. (Edit: Just noticed that Jeb_ has released a pre-release of mc101. Heh, and so it begins and so it continues. Edit x2: Seems to be just for the server jar; bugfixes.)

God help me, I bought Supreme Rule:Cold War and The Sims 3 last night. Hurts so good...
    Last edited by DRoseDARs; 24-11-2011 at 08:29 PM.

Lawyers gonna law. I do hate how some people are like "omg Todd Howard omg we dont liek yoo as game dev anymoar!!" So what, hes in his parent company's legalteam now? Heh.
    A patch? That was... Fast. And yeah, I know the feeling, Any and all games from steam sales tend to hurt dang good
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow & Zaerow.

Ugh, I'm thinking HGS or whatever they're called are having some "minor" issues, the servers ping is 450~, and disconnects me once every few minutes. (10-15+ seconds for blocks to get destroyed)
    EDIT: Its alot better now (and has been for the past 90~ minutes :>)
    Last edited by Xerian; 25-11-2011 at 08:51 PM.
    Oscar Wilde

Hey guys. This is an open-comment to everyone on the server.

I want to do a review/discussion piece thing for Minecraft for the little blog that I do. Seeing as how I feel a game like Minecraft is impossible to review, I'd like to take some pics of some places on the server to kinda show off what the game is about and so on. Does anyone have a problem with me doing this? I'll provide captions of anything so people know who it belongs to and I'll put up the content here first so that you guys know what I'm writing. There won't be anything personal, more saying "This is what happens when you combine a game with freedom and some friendly people."

The site doesn't exactly get many views, but it's more principal. I don't want to include pictures of anything that people might not want to be pictured.

On a side note, now that Zelda is done and dusted, I'll be on a little bit more.