Page 49 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast
    I see no problem in it whatsoever, so you can go ahead and use whichever of my few builds you'd like, I dont mind the least ;P
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

Excellently maniacal Steam-powered automaton.

Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow & Zaerow.

Hey guys, I just joined up to the steam group and logged into the server.

Is the default world the actual survival world? I logged in and find myself in the "New Spawn" area, but there does not seem to be a way out. The portals do not work, and all exits are blocked. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Network Hub
    Well, the portal directly in the back of the gate room at Spawn is a direct always-on connection to the market in the town of RPS Nova so you should only need to walk through it, but the other four in that same room and any others you find on the server that aren't "always-on" you have to right-click the sign to scroll the options then hit the button on the other side to activate your intended destination. We don't use the vanilla nether gate coding, we use a separate plugin that overrides it with better features. There are 5 public hub systems: Central (which routes through Spawn), North (located 2km to the north), South (same, but south), East and West (take a wild guess where they're located...) then of course the market in RPS Nova, which served for a time as the Central Hub. Non-private gates are connected to one of those 5 public hubs based on their location on the map relative to their nearest hub. As far as different worlds, we only have the 3: The map you logged into, the Nether (a public gate to there is open next to Old Spawn by the clocktower in RPS Nova) and the "Holiday" or "Vacation" (Brit/Yank ;) ) map that we used (for what, 2-3weeks?) while we waited on a particular update some months ago and haven't used since. I just logged in briefly just to make sure the gates at Spawn were working properly and to make sure the map was as it should be. They were and it is, so you should be good to go for sightseeing.

Network Hub
    Bah, I still have no time for MC, and I am missing it sorely. So umm... hello everyone :)

Quote Originally Posted by JPicasso View Post
    Hey guys, I just joined up to the steam group and logged into the server.

Is the default world the actual survival world? I logged in and find myself in the "New Spawn" area, but there does not seem to be a way out. The portals do not work, and all exits are blocked. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
    What's your name in game?

Holy cow you guys. I'm not sure I can do justice to this server with my paltry dirt hut building skills. Everything I saw was pretty damn fantastic. Very nice.

How do I become an "active" participant? I was only able to run around and look at things. almost got trapped a couple times, b/c I couldn't open doors. thx.

MC login is JPicasso

Thanks
    Last edited by JPicasso; 02-12-2011 at 02:50 PM. Reason: It read ugly. Now it is pretty.

Network Hub
    Give it a shot. Our whitelisting thingy has been acting a little wonky of late, so hopefully I just succeeded. Either way, welcome to the server. :)

Activated Node
    Looks like notch is moving on to other projects and Jens is now the primary minecraft developer. This could be quite interesting.

blog post

Network Hub
    And Jeb_ thinks the API won't be ready until... March. Well, at least *he* recognizes the importance and has stated himself that it's his priority now.

Well, Jeb has more or less held the reigns unofficially for abit, but maybe we'll see stuff getting finished now - Without it being taken out of Terraria or some such (which Notch seems oddly fond of *cough cough*)
    On another note; I may or may not be around 6~ days forward from this sunday - Leaving for an internship at a Gaming-oriented college this sunday, gun' be exciting!
    Its called GameIT College - And is... Awesome. Heres some info for those of you that're bored enough to read stuff! http://videndjurs.dk/Campus-888.aspx
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

Excellently maniacal Steam-powered automaton.

Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow & Zaerow.

Hello!

I'd like to join up! Name is: Jambe

Hi, Jambe. I've fixed it so you should be able to use portals and look around the server. Get back to us once you've had a look around and I'll whitelist you.

I'm going to look seriously at fixing the permissions problem tomorrow. I recently updated to the latest version of the plugin we currently use, but it doesn't appear to have fixed the problem. As it currently stands newbies get trapped in New Spawn and can't look around the server, and I'm worried they'll disconnect and never come back. In the interim I've temporarily moved spawn to Nova, since we might get an influx of newbies from the plug Jim gave us on RPS today.

Well, I finally found some glorious snow-covered pines at 2519,64,2313 only to realize there was a large building overlooking them!

Back to trekking about, I suppose.

And whoever's place that is at 3034,64,1589 — that thing is beautiful. Picturesque! I said hello to your hounds when I passed.

Network Hub
    right that is it i need to get in if only to see where you are talking about. It *might* be in mammalia :)

It's not a very big place, but it's really well-designed and fits into the surroundings.

I would like to build at 2990,83,-2188 if that's alright. Nice spot of snowy pines and the whole area looks vacant both from the map and from my quick scout of the area.

Activated Node
    Hello-ooo,

i would be delighted to join this server. My pseudo in game is, as here, vivlo. Dunno if whitelisting is required just to join without building or anything - i have no experience whatsoever in building online in minecraft - i'ld like to, see, just wander here and there :) Anyway my big point is that i updated my Minecraft without knowing that server was using beta 1.8. Is there any sure and legal way to obtain it, from Mojang per se ? or do i have to feel like an outlaw and force someone outlawing, in sending me a copy of the Minecraft beta 1.8 ?

edit : i might have found it, it appears. I'm just going to figure how to get this parallel Minecraft to work.

edit2 : apparently i didn't, it was the "leaked" 1.8 pre release, not 1.8.1. Doesn't want to log in. Still looking for a kind soul.
    Last edited by vivlo; 05-12-2011 at 01:24 AM.

Hey vivlo, MCNostalgia will create the old build for you using your current .jar file.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...nostalgia-201/

Mojang are aware of the MCNostalgia project and don't seem to have any legal issue with it.

Activated Node
    I dislike lava that isn't where I put it. I dislike it muchly.