Page 52 of 118 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 2348
    Christmas is over, dude... christmas is over... ;)

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

Thank you to my Secret Santa for my game xxx much appreciated, and I know who you are xxx

Quote Originally Posted by terile View Post
    Hi all - is there a whitelist to be allowed to log onto the server ? Because I keep getting timeouts.
    Sorry if this is a bit of a n00b question, but I couldn't find anything about it earlier in this thread.
    Oh, and merry xmas to all :)
    *wave*
    terile.
    Hi terile,

Make sure you've read the first post in the first page of this thread, it gives the details of the version of minecraft needed to log on. You should be able to connect if the server is up and running and you have the correct version of minecraft. You won't have any build rights, but you will be able to chat and look around. :)

--

Also, Skyrim has stolen me away from all other games since November, I'll be back on the server soon. :)

Ah yes. Skyrim has robbed me of just about all my freetime aswell. I'm hoping I'll be active again soon ;)...
    And meh, screw you Weed. We can still be in a holiday mood! I for one finally hit the christmassy-mood yesterday :I
    Sooo... Frohe Weihnachten und ein glückliches Neues Jahr! (Did I say it right, Weed? ;p)

EDIT: It could be quite cool if we did some kind of secret-santa thing next year, if we're still around by then :]... (Which I assume we will be, cause we're just that cool.) Ofcourse, only if enough people were up for it :P...
    Yay or Nay?
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

Excellently maniacal Steampowered automaton.

Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow, Zaerow & a vast landscape of nicknames since lost in time.

Network Hub
    Shrewbil tourist agency would like to announce that a new high class residential area (Beach-grove Bay) has opened up, with stunning views of the lighthouse, Jousting arena and prison.

4 houses are complete with 2 in progress.

So far Drose, TwinklinPixie and Kirby have snapped up 3 of the 4 finished ones, while the date for completion of the remaining 2 stands at 2 days.

If you are interested in having a residence in the poshest part of the poshest town of the best continent in the server, let us know and we can arrange for a tour!

Activated Node
    Server has been a bit lonely at points. People need to come back ;)

Wouldn't mind a tour Gerb. When you on?

Network Hub
    Am on now :)

Network Hub
    Beech-grove Bay continues to expand!
    All 6 houses are completed, and Rusty had a custom design!
    We are in the process of securing the area from nefarious mobs, commoners and other such undesirables, as well as improving the infrastructure.
    There are now 3 completed houses remaining for discerning Nobility.

Don't miss this opportunity!

2011-12-28_02.55.49.jpg
    BTW what is the file size limit on uploaded images, because this is tiny and poo quality!
    Last edited by Gerbster; 28-12-2011 at 09:03 AM.

Obscure Node
    Thanks for the reply, Phydaux - I had read the first post, and am using beta1.8.1.
    I've managed to connect to other (lesser) servers, but when I try yours I get the error:
    Internal Exception: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
    So is that a network issue at my end ?

(incedentally, if you try to connect with version 1.0.0 it will complain about the client being the wrong version).

Regards,
    Terile

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbster View Post
    Beech-grove Bay continues to expand!
    All 6 houses are completed, and Rusty had a custom design!
    We are in the process of securing the area from nefarious mobs, commoners and other such undesirables, as well as improving the infrastructure.
    There are now 3 completed houses remaining for discerning Nobility.

Don't miss this opportunity!

2011-12-28_02.55.49.jpg
    BTW what is the file size limit on uploaded images, because this is tiny and poo quality!
    Gimme one already! :>
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

Excellently maniacal Steampowered automaton.

Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow, Zaerow & a vast landscape of nicknames since lost in time.

Network Hub
    Get on and claim it Xer!

Xerian? I intend to get back to playing Minecraft after I return from my father's, could you please move the tower that is blocking the road in Scotland? Remember that you promised me this some time ago!

Network Hub
    BTW can anyone confirm or deny if v1 of MC gets rid of that crappy lighting bug on the paintings?
    I spent some time today wandering around my old places fixing chest directions, but couldn't bring myself to tweak the paintings, in the vague hope it would get fixed instead…

Activated Node
    I told Gerbster that I would update the map soon, but I completely forgot that I would be traveling this week and only have 3g. Expect a new map sometime next weekend. I'll check out the painting lighting since i'll have to download the map anyway.

Network Hub
    Cheers Rusty, there is no real rush, it'll give us more time to finish that new area :D

I want to announce my love to Xerian for gifting me Fallout New Vegas on Steam as a Christmas gift and thus battling the incredibly dumb censoring law in Germany. Eat this, German government! Do you see me shooting off that guy's arm? DO YOU SEE ME? BLOOD! OH YES!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Okay, I'll finally get off my arse and ask to get whitelisted, after occasionally popping on and subsequently falling off very tall things (or getting lost in the slime farm... very lost...). It's nice to have finally found a server where the daily activities aren't just "burn it all! kill everything!" - so any chance you guys will be so kind as to let me build my own very tall things to fall off?

Network Hub
    Hey Danny, things are a bit odd still I believe on the whitelisting front - lately only the admins have been able to do it :(
    Is your MC name the same as your username here? I can give it a try although I can't promise success, what with the state of some of the updated plugins :(

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbster View Post
    Hey Danny, things are a bit odd still I believe on the whitelisting front - lately only the admins have been able to do it :(
    Is your MC name the same as your username here? I can give it a try although I can't promise success, what with the state of some of the updated plugins :(
    Yes, it's the same.

And if it doesn't work, surely you just need to turn the redstone off and on again?

Network Hub
    Yeah, we've been having to manually edit the relevant file in order to whitelist people. Elt's been having trouble figuring out why it's misbehaving. I've added Danny252; hopefully you'll be able to get on just fine now. Welcome to the server.

On aside, supposedly the API might be coming next month rather than March so that could mean updates for mods, plugins, and servers will be much easier. It should have been a priority last summer rather than those asinine villages and incomplete NPC AIs, but what what do I know?

Edit: Also: Saltines and 7-Up. Yay being sick! Working last night was fun, what with running a fever AND the gym feeling like a humid blast furnace. :/
    Last edited by DRoseDARs; 01-01-2012 at 12:01 AM.