Page 53 of 117 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 2333
    Activated Node
    http://imgur.com/a/izmpe I SWEAR, ITS NOT MY FAULT. RPS nova appears to have been attacked by snowy weather. Thus, the spawn fountains have overflowed

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Whilst I have successfully got on and am whitelisted, the server commands are not happy with me. Most things just throw back "An internal error occurred...", whilst /help sends back a slightly less alarming "/help <page>". Portals also seem to be dead. KirbyS didn't seem to be having any issues, so I'm somewhat at a loss?

(Edit: Magic plugin poking tricks fixed it :))
    Last edited by Danny252; 01-01-2012 at 02:05 AM.

Network Hub
    Ok, Danny's all set up. I force-reloaded the plugin so it'd recognize the change. Fountain is fixed, and I went around doing some snow/ice clearing. Ice blocks turn to water, you just need to break them. It needed to snow *somewhere* in North America (we got cheated this winter) so might as well have happened on the server. ;)

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny252 View Post
    KirbyS didn't seem to be having any issues
    Danny, call me Kirby ;) And no its not after the game, its after my last name lol
    And welcome to the server

Network Hub
    Happy new year everyone :)

Yeah Happy New Year uRPSers!

Can anyone tell me what the server info is again? I can't for the life of me remember the address and port.
    I guess I need to get 1.8.1 to play still as it's not on 1.0?

Network Hub
    First post of thread, second link in post :P

---uRPS Address---
    (Note: The address to the server is IN THE DOCUMENT the link above this sentence links to, not the link itself.)

Network Hub
    Beech-grove Bay is now full! Should demand arise, we can open a new development plot close-by.
    Our thanks to Kirby, Xerian, Twinklinpixie, drose (get building!), rusty and Richma (I forgot to put in a basement there so just did it).

I would like to remind everyone that their build rights extend only as far as the ground immediately surrounding their houses (innocently eyes up Kirby) so to facilitate travel I have built a small dock in Shrewbil just to the left of the main portal - stocked with boats.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    http://i.imgur.com/Qw2hj.png

So, wait, does this mean I don't need to irrigate my level 12 farm?

On a more serious note, how do you deal with spawners in 1.8.1/MP? I'm used to the solution being "throw torches all over it", but that doesn't seem to work, as evidenced by the constant "nrrgh"ing coming from my walls.

Network Hub
    Not sure why the rain bug happens, I only noticed it start lately. But it is just that, a bug, and only a visual one.
    I think you can fix it by logging out and in again.

The mob noises from behind walls just means there are holes somewhere nearby.
    Bear in mind I don't think the noises fade much vertically, so it is entirely possible you are hearing them wandering around near bedrock level. It just ensures you have sweet dreams :)

Activated Node
    Cheers for the basement Gerb. I thought it could do with one. Can't actually log on as I've left my travel mouse at home and playing with a trackpad is annoying. Especially when the trackpad is broken.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbster View Post
    Not sure why the rain bug happens, I only noticed it start lately.
    It seemed persistent, and I've had it persistently in one location in SP too, so I suspect it's somehow related to buggy chunks.

The mob noises from behind walls just means there are holes somewhere nearby.
    No, I have a spawner just the other side of one of my walls :) The surrounding caves are lit up to stupid levels, but it seems the spawner is still spawner-ing despite having torches on all faces.

Edit: Turns out that a) whoever originally found that cave and torched it up needs lessons on "you need more than one torch per 20 blocks" and b) spawners are apparently destructible, I'm sure they were indestructible once?
    Last edited by Danny252; 03-01-2012 at 02:41 PM.

We use a plugin that allows us / you to destroy them with a pickaxe and pick them up :]
    And something I've noticed regarding the rain-bug, it always seem to happend for me if I logon while its raining - Then it'll rain right through whichever roof I was under when I logged on (everything from the roof of a house to one of my underground mining-tunnels)
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

Excellently maniacal Steampowered automaton.

Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow, Zaerow & a vast landscape of nicknames since lost in time.

Activated Node
    I have a number of spawners gathering dust. I should use them for something....

Like a mob-grinder ;>... Thats what I used mine for, anyway. (A very, VERY inefficient one though... Sadface.)
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow, Zaerow & a vast landscape of nicknames since lost in time.

Hello, I'd like to be whitelisted.
    I read the post on the RPS-website and just downgraded to 1.8.1.

Ingame name is:
    Hammelbamf
    Last edited by Ham Solo; 07-01-2012 at 12:10 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerian View Post
    And something I've noticed regarding the rain-bug, it always seem to happend for me if I logon while its raining - Then it'll rain right through whichever roof I was under when I logged on (everything from the roof of a house to one of my underground mining-tunnels)
    We had something like that, though maybe not quite as bad, with 1.8 on a server I play on that has a world going back to early 2011. The glitch seems gone in 1.0, so it might get fixed when you update.

Because some people asked:

Nations at War 1.0 (modified by me):
    http://www.mediafire.com/?5aoq69ys5a6p53y

And the mandatory HD patcher 1.0:
    cloud.github.com/downloads/pclewis/mcpatcher/mcpatcher-2.1.0_02.exe

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

I'd just like to take a moment and say welcome to the newcomers and visitors we got after the mainsite post! Welcome you lot, hope you enjoy your stay :) - And if any help is required, all you have to do is ask someone online or post here in the thread. Cheers :)
    Oscar Wilde