Page 57 of 118 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 2348
    Network Hub
    For the record it wasn't Elt (he wasn't on at the time) that made the snow in RPS Nova but a snow dragon, Bisquack's fire dragon's cousin. I cleared it up though there may be some goofs in places. I'm going around town fixing as I find them.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by El Stevo View Post
    Selkcip is whitelisted.
    Thank you very much.

Holy sheet you guys! Holy shit on sheets! ITS ALIIIVEEE!
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...9042#post79042
    STALKER... ITS... ALIIIIVEEEEE!
    (I'll go back to my corner now. Gudbye.)
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

Excellently maniacal Steampowered automaton.

Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow, Zaerow & a vast landscape of nicknames since lost in time.

Hey wow, you sure are up to date.

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

Network Hub
    OK, with regards to Notch "fixing" the rising and setting of the sun and moon there is a client-side mod that rotates them back to their original orientation. I've not tested this mod myself, so you're on your own if you want to try it. As always, remember to have a backup copy of the minecraft.jar you're using before adding any kind of mod.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...direction-mod/

I'm going to see how viable an option it is to just rotate the map in MCEdit in order to bring it inline with the "corrected" orientation. My desktop is pretty beefy, but the map is pretty huge. I hope it works, as that would save us the bother of messing with additional Bukkit plugins for the server or mods client-side. If it does work out, then we would likely do it over a weekend. Don't ask me when as I don't know if we even can do it; downloading the current backup now to test.

As for the expanding of the map to give us access to the more recent biome generation coding and the things that go with that, I would like to solve this issue before any such effort is made. This is one of the more asinine things done to the game and I don't want it to interfere more than it already has. I want my damn sunrise and sunset view back and I know many of you have similar designs/projects that are sideways now. And Notch, seriously, if you were that damned worried about "fixing" how the sky rotated then fix the clouds too: They travel west-to-east, opposite of the sun/moon irl.

Edit: *grumble grumble*
    OK, so this isn't going to work how I'd hoped. The last stable build was for b181, though he has been putting out "unstable" builds while he works on updating MCEdit to mc100. I loaded the map, selected all the things (well except the stuff that apparently exists well outside of the normal map) and ... couldn't figure out how to rotate the selection. I know there's the option, it's documented and referred to, I've seen pictures of the button for it ... and nothing. Can't find it. Someone else was attempting the same thing (rotating a server map to "unfix" rise/set) and what I found galling was more than one person questioned why anyone would want to do that. I didn't think it possible to find something more annoying than someone getting on their high horse about other people cheating ... in their SINGLE PLAYER GAMES. Singleplayer /= multiplayer, sod off. So yeah I found their attitudes about this rotation effort to be more annoying than that. I mean really, you gonna get snotty with someone wanting to rotate their map because they didn't like rise/set being changed? Same thing with the client-side mod I mentioned earlier up this post, people being snotty because Notch "fixes" are sacrosanct or something. -_-'

Anyway, I guess I'll have a look at the client-side mod, see if it'll play nice with ones I already have going (ModLoader, OptiFine, Matmos... so one base one graphical one sound) until maybe something else can be figured out.

Edit x2: Crap, it modifies 2 files already modified by OptiFine.
    Last edited by DRoseDARs; 12-01-2012 at 07:20 AM.

Network Hub
    Yeah funny how people are still into the cult of personality on Notch.
    The guy done good in general with the game, but really, when was the last time he actually owned up to a mistake? That was what… more mobs at lower levels? The last thing I recall they 'reverted' was the fog at lower levels (drose told me 1.0 has the option to disable it although I never saw it?'

Oh well!
    It really is quite impressive how much such a simple change like the sun affects us and errr, since when did the sun actually rise in the south and set in the north? Exactly which bug was he fixing again? Oh well, this is one time I will consider a client-side mod because it really really is a pisser, although that doesn't help others new to the server to see our various wonders as we intended. I am past the ranting stage with MC 'improvements' simply because I'm so tired of it and it never really achieves anything.

On the other hand, twas fun to mess around in the nether with a few of you the other day :)

Quote Originally Posted by MrWeed View Post
    Hey wow, you sure are up to date.
    Why do I detect sarcasm? D:
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow, Zaerow & a vast landscape of nicknames since lost in time.

Activated Node
    I updated the map yesterday and completely forgot to post.
    http://raycore.org/rpsmap/web

Also, the portal from spawn to the market is acting up. I get stuck in an unloaded chunk, but relogging fixes it.

Quote Originally Posted by rustyshakelford2 View Post
    I updated the map yesterday and completely forgot to post.
    http://raycore.org/rpsmap/web

Also, the portal from spawn to the market is acting up. I get stuck in an unloaded chunk, but relogging fixes it.
    Awesome! Mucho gracias! And I've had a tiny bit of difficulties with portals since updating, but I guess it could be worse. My portal to Vallero hasnt broken yet, which it did alot before x].
    Oscar Wilde

Network Hub
    I heart rusty

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbster View Post
    I heart rusty
    We all do. ;)
    Oscar Wilde

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Considering a bit more exploration has been done of the Nether, would it be worth trying to get a map of that? It shouldn't be anywhere near as big as the overworld, so I'm guessing it wouldn't be as too bad to get an image of it.