Page 58 of 118 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 2348
    Quote Originally Posted by Ham Solo View Post
    I just made some screens of my current housing.
    Attachment 575
    I wouldnt say its ugly as shit... You should've seen my first build when I joined the server. It was, and still is, horrible. Utterly horrible and shameful. I do like the look on the outside, just some more block variations, abit of details and it'd be rather ace.
    Also; I heart rusty even more now that I've had a look at several of my projects on the newest map (and comparing it to a really old map) :>
    Oh, and nice file-name, Ham ;p
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

Excellently maniacal Steampowered automaton.

Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow, Zaerow & a vast landscape of nicknames since lost in time.

Meanwhile I made a new bedroom, still the kitchen, books and outside looks to polish. But I'm making progress.

EDIT:
    So... bedroom fixed and living room has moar wood.
    adadadas.jpg
    Last edited by Ham Solo; 14-01-2012 at 12:01 AM.

Network Hub
    Looking good :)
    If you need tons of reeds I can show you a few farms on the server.

Gerbster! I've been off for months and just got back on yesterday. First thing I see is your "Magnificent Bridge". :D I'm blown away, man.

Network Hub
    Hey Elt, except for putting in some paintings downstairs I've finished mi maisonette. Only took 3-4 months. ;)

Next up, working more on my place in Mammalia. Totally avoiding my first home; not looking forward to doing something with the gapping hole that *was* my beloved water ladder. :(

Quote Originally Posted by JellyfishGreen View Post
    Gerbster! I've been off for months and just got back on yesterday. First thing I see is your "Magnificent Bridge". :D I'm blown away, man.
    You're... YOU'RE BACK!? EVERYONE! REJOYCE! The coolest fish is baaaaack!
    WOOOO!...
    Welcome back. :P
    Last edited by Xerian; 15-01-2012 at 01:22 PM.
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

Excellently maniacal Steampowered automaton.

Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow, Zaerow & a vast landscape of nicknames since lost in time.

Activated Node
    Since our bestest plugin is broken (repair), I pestered Elt, and he suggested I post plugin suggestions in the thread. As should everyone else.

First: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/fun...ng-1597.49883/

Nice and simple, would mean my mining is very useful for expereince...

Second: http://mcmmo.wikia.com/wiki/McMMO_Wiki

Way more complicated, but adds some very nice features

Plenty of plugins on bukkit, suggestions and thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by RMA View Post
    Since our bestest plugin is broken (repair)
    FWIW Repair is part of Minecraft as standard now.

Quote Originally Posted by Phydaux View Post
    FWIW Repair is part of Minecraft as standard now.
    It is but it's crap.

I installed the old version of the repair plugin to see if it still works, and it does seem to. I don't think it gives you a warning when tools are about to break, though. I also added the old versions of the economy and shop plugins.

In other news, the melon farm in Nova is now also home to a pumpkin patch, and there are some vines you can harvest on the immediate right as you leave the market.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by JellyfishGreen View Post
    hey jelly welcome back from the land where my shift keys dont work.
    glad you like it, i wanted to do your ship justice, and it is high enough so you can sail it underneath, didnt want to trap you there11111
    ok writing without punctuation and capitals is depressing, but hope you stick around and build some more.

Network Hub
    Oh bugger me I just read up on repair. For some reason I thought that no matter what state the two items were in, you ended up with a completely new one. Well that really is crap. All you gain is 1/10th of the original item's value, or 1/20th per item repaired. Crap.

An example:
    Stone pickaxe has 132 uses in and of itself.
    Using it then repairing with it gives you 131 + 132/20 (rounded to 6) = 137 uses from it.
    Utterly pointless. Let's assume you repair when it has more uses less (through fear of it going entirely by accident), you are likely to errrr break even... :(

Activated Node
    Thankfully the repair plugin still works as it turns out. But we must never upgrade if it'll break or I'll go a bit more insane.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbster View Post
    Oh bugger me I just read up on repair. For some reason I thought that no matter what state the two items were in, you ended up with a completely new one. Well that really is crap. All you gain is 1/10th of the original item's value, or 1/20th per item repaired. Crap.

An example:
    Stone pickaxe has 132 uses in and of itself.
    Using it then repairing with it gives you 131 + 132/20 (rounded to 6) = 137 uses from it.
    Utterly pointless. Let's assume you repair when it has more uses less (through fear of it going entirely by accident), you are likely to errrr break even... :(
    It's not exactly useless even up against /rep

The internal version also allows you to "repair" things like Bows which /rep does not and since I have been out "a' huntin'" over the last few days that has been very useful.

I havn't tried it but I guess other things like Shears might be repairable using the internal tool.

That being said if you can afford to carry two bows around, I daresay you can afford to just make a new one.

Swings and Roundabout!
    Last edited by Wubble69; 16-01-2012 at 08:36 PM.

Obscure Node
    Hi, I'm new to the server and have some noob questions.

First of all, is there something different about animal spawning on the server? Or is that just a 1.0 thing? The last server I was on was a 1.8 beta server and there were plenty of animal spawns. On this server, if it weren't for the melon farm (thanks!) and pigpen I'd have starved a dozen times over as I explore looking for a place to settle. Or am I just unlucky? I just don't find any animals in the wild. I have like 1 feather from the one chicken I found, hardly enough to make arrows for good Creeper hunting. Speaking of which, there is no problem with monster spawning at night!

The second question is, trying to find a place to settle. I'd prefer to be somewhat near the center of the action, but even some distance out, there are torches around. Is the presence of torches enough to claim an area, or only if there is a sign/fence/wall building nearby? Obviously I don't want to crowd anyone who doesn't want company, or take over someone elses homestead. I found a nice area off the South road, but there are torches placed along the shore. Is that how claims are staked here?

Thanks!
    Solrax

Network Hub
    If you see a mod or admin online give them a shout to come check out the area - we usually have a pretty good idea if the area is abandoned or not. Actually, how about posting the coordinates (type /getpos in the chat window) so one of us can take a look next time we are online.
    Torches are a good way of reserving an area, but obviously they don't apply unto the end of time.

Animal spawning, no idea. I do know animal breeding is in now, so maybe that is 'balanced' by an almost total lack of them spawning randomly? Seems odd though, part of the fun of wandering the wild are the animals giving it life.

Also, found 1 swamp biome (so far) in Mammalia so am a sad puppy, but at least it just avoids cutting into an area. Also, Beech-grove Bay is apparently where a village would be, as I spotted a Squidward swimming in the lake last night. Bloody tourists! Also, I write 'also' too much :(
    Last edited by Gerbster; 17-01-2012 at 03:26 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Possibly unlucky. They've changed over the last few major updates item drops. You'll be sure that at least once a day with enough people online, there will be a mass-bitching session, but hey that's why we run with server mods.

As for your second question, what Gerbster said, but also bare in mind that some people might have land use outside of where you think it is, incorporating views into the equation. Based on myself though, *breathes in*

Take a portal to South Hub, then portal 2 and select JG's Valley. (Note: NOT JG's Demise, because that's in the Nether)
    Take a left along the bridge you spawn onto and follow the path through the inn and downstairs to the exit into a cave. There should be a t-junction - carry on straight ahead to Zenobia.
    Follow the path out a little bit and you get a bit of openish space between my valley and Zenobia who's owned by I forget who. If you wanted to make something small, you'd be nestled in a moderately free area which already has paths to the main road and nearby portal access for quick movement.

Even if you don't want to, take a look around at least to decide. Bare in mind we're not in the action, but you would be sandwiched and moderately easy to visit/access. If you do take up that residence, there's a mine access point I can open up for you fairly easily.

And welcome :)