Page 62 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 2301
    Network Hub
    OK I have just done a first draft of the Public Farm page, which means that the FAQ page of the wiki is almost complete, apart from the section entitled:
    - Where can I find public mines, tree farms and mob grinders?
    If anyone fancies compiling a short list for that section, feel free :)

[EDIT]Just saw that template thingy you did Phy, rather useful indeed - will be sure to include it from now on!
    Last edited by Gerbster; 06-02-2012 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbster View Post
    [EDIT]Just saw that template thingy you did Phy, rather useful indeed - will be sure to include it from now on!
    Yea, just trying it out. And, if we move to another mapping tool, we can simply update the template and all the links can point to the new location. :)

So, are we going to take over the new Minecraft subforum anytime soon or will you guys stick to posting everything into the same thread?

Because dedicated threads to the FAQ, the server details, general chatter etc. would be useful int terms of organisation etc.

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

Quote Originally Posted by MrWeed View Post
    So, are we going to take over the new Minecraft subforum anytime soon or will you guys stick to posting everything into the same thread?

Because dedicated threads to the FAQ, the server details, general chatter etc. would be useful int terms of organisation etc.
    Good point! New thread for the wiki.

Network Hub
    Phy just a suggestion, can you change the thread title to match (at the start, at least) the title of this thread so people know they are the same server we are talking about, please? Just reckon it might help avoid some confusion.

Urrgh... no, at least I can't see the option to change it. I thought I had changed it, but it's just the title of the post. Sorry!

Network Hub
    Oh dear umm…. errr how about we start a new thread and copy all the posts over into that one before it gets too long then?
    Are you able to delete your thread, no idea if the forum permits that :s

Network Hub
    I am thinking about doing a new portal map - but to do so I need a new complete render of the map.
    Any chance anyone with a beefy computer set-up would oblige?
    I'd use the last full one rusty did, but it is so old now as to be a bit of a joke :(

Activated Node
    I am thinking about doing a new portal map - but to do so I need a new complete render of the map.
    Any chance anyone with a beefy computer set-up would oblige?
    I'd use the last full one rusty did, but it is so old now as to be a bit of a joke :(
    I'll update the map tonight. It will take a few hours though, my dsl is being really slow.

Network Hub
    Oh hello! And thanks!

Activated Node
    :D Thank you Gerby :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Activated Node
    My map has been updated, and this time I remembered to include the nether.

http://raycore.org/rpsmap/web

Network Hub
    As always, hearts to Rusty!
    Rusty, if we gave you a list of portal locations (formatted however you want), would it be possible to get them in? Which map maker prog do you use (so I could install it myself and do some simple tests). I think the map would begin to get tons more useful if we have a means of marking certain places on there.

On a related note, I am looking for examples of (public) mines, tree farms and mob grinders of all types to put into the FAQ - if anyone wants to point out some, ideally with directions, that would be great.

Love the new front page of the wiki btw :) May I make a suggestion? I love the vid on the front page, it's really great :) Maybe we should do another one now that the map has developed so much?

Activated Node
    As always, hearts to Rusty!
    Rusty, if we gave you a list of portal locations (formatted however you want), would it be possible to get them in? Which map maker prog do you use (so I could install it myself and do some simple tests). I think the map would begin to get tons more useful if we have a means of marking certain places on there.

On a related note, I am looking for examples of (public) mines, tree farms and mob grinders of all types to put into the FAQ - if anyone wants to point out some, ideally with directions, that would be great.

I'm using dynmap. It's a bukkit plugin that normally runs with the server, but I tweaked the config so it runs on its own. It does have a way to add custom markers to the map, send me your list and I'll see what I can do.

Network Hub
    Hmmm… I wonder if we can look into a host that would enable this plug-in to run and have a life feed? *idly muses*

Activated Node
    Hmmm… I wonder if we can look into a host that would enable this plug-in to run and have a life feed? *idly muses*
    Having the plugin running with the server certainly has its advantages, but it would increase our ram and bandwidth usage. This is something eltagno would have to look into.

Activated Node
    Don't know how much enchanting anyone else has done. It's very random from all the use I've put it through, and it takes a lot of clicks to get a decent high chance (and you can still be screwed over). There is a nice plugin that lets you enchant with whatever you feel like if you have the levels for it. It'd have to wait till the server was on 1.1, but it looks very nice.

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/mis...-1-1-r1.51532/

The file format for Minecraft worlds is changing again, and biome data will be stored with the chunks in the new format. This is very good news. It means we'll be able to restore all the biomes to how they were when the world was originally generated.

https://twitter.com/#!/jeb_/status/167918937474994176

Quote Originally Posted by El Stevo View Post
    The file format for Minecraft worlds is changing again, and biome data will be stored with the chunks in the new format. This is very good news. It means we'll be able to restore all the biomes to how they were when the world was originally generated.

https://twitter.com/#!/jeb_/status/167918937474994176
    Its official: Jeb is a proper developer, especially in comparison to Notch. Hurrah for Jebs sensibility!
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

Excellently maniacal Steam-powered automaton.

Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow & Zaerow.