Page 62 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 2301
  1. #1221
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Bogota
    Posts
    426
    OK I have just done a first draft of the Public Farm page, which means that the FAQ page of the wiki is almost complete, apart from the section entitled:
    - Where can I find public mines, tree farms and mob grinders?
    If anyone fancies compiling a short list for that section, feel free :)

    [EDIT]Just saw that template thingy you did Phy, rather useful indeed - will be sure to include it from now on!
    Last edited by Gerbster; 06-02-2012 at 06:21 PM.

  2. #1222
    Obscure Node Phydaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cardiff, UK
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbster View Post
    [EDIT]Just saw that template thingy you did Phy, rather useful indeed - will be sure to include it from now on!
    Yea, just trying it out. And, if we move to another mapping tool, we can simply update the template and all the links can point to the new location. :)

  3. #1223
    Network Hub Comrade Commissar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    347
    So, are we going to take over the new Minecraft subforum anytime soon or will you guys stick to posting everything into the same thread?

    Because dedicated threads to the FAQ, the server details, general chatter etc. would be useful int terms of organisation etc.

    The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

  4. #1224
    Obscure Node Phydaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cardiff, UK
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWeed View Post
    So, are we going to take over the new Minecraft subforum anytime soon or will you guys stick to posting everything into the same thread?

    Because dedicated threads to the FAQ, the server details, general chatter etc. would be useful int terms of organisation etc.
    Good point! New thread for the wiki.

  5. #1225
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Bogota
    Posts
    426
    Phy just a suggestion, can you change the thread title to match (at the start, at least) the title of this thread so people know they are the same server we are talking about, please? Just reckon it might help avoid some confusion.

  6. #1226
    Obscure Node Phydaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cardiff, UK
    Posts
    19
    Urrgh... no, at least I can't see the option to change it. I thought I had changed it, but it's just the title of the post. Sorry!

  7. #1227
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Bogota
    Posts
    426
    Oh dear umm…. errr how about we start a new thread and copy all the posts over into that one before it gets too long then?
    Are you able to delete your thread, no idea if the forum permits that :s

  8. #1228
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Bogota
    Posts
    426
    I am thinking about doing a new portal map - but to do so I need a new complete render of the map.
    Any chance anyone with a beefy computer set-up would oblige?
    I'd use the last full one rusty did, but it is so old now as to be a bit of a joke :(

  9. #1229
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Vermont, USA
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbster View Post
    I am thinking about doing a new portal map - but to do so I need a new complete render of the map.
    Any chance anyone with a beefy computer set-up would oblige?
    I'd use the last full one rusty did, but it is so old now as to be a bit of a joke :(
    I'll update the map tonight. It will take a few hours though, my dsl is being really slow.

  10. #1230
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Bogota
    Posts
    426
    Oh hello! And thanks!

  11. #1231
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    49
    :D Thank you Gerby :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

  12. #1232
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Vermont, USA
    Posts
    93
    My map has been updated, and this time I remembered to include the nether.

    http://raycore.org/rpsmap/web

  13. #1233
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Bogota
    Posts
    426
    As always, hearts to Rusty!
    Rusty, if we gave you a list of portal locations (formatted however you want), would it be possible to get them in? Which map maker prog do you use (so I could install it myself and do some simple tests). I think the map would begin to get tons more useful if we have a means of marking certain places on there.

    On a related note, I am looking for examples of (public) mines, tree farms and mob grinders of all types to put into the FAQ - if anyone wants to point out some, ideally with directions, that would be great.

  14. #1234
    Love the new front page of the wiki btw :) May I make a suggestion? I love the vid on the front page, it's really great :) Maybe we should do another one now that the map has developed so much?

  15. #1235
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Vermont, USA
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbster View Post
    As always, hearts to Rusty!
    Rusty, if we gave you a list of portal locations (formatted however you want), would it be possible to get them in? Which map maker prog do you use (so I could install it myself and do some simple tests). I think the map would begin to get tons more useful if we have a means of marking certain places on there.

    On a related note, I am looking for examples of (public) mines, tree farms and mob grinders of all types to put into the FAQ - if anyone wants to point out some, ideally with directions, that would be great.

    I'm using dynmap. It's a bukkit plugin that normally runs with the server, but I tweaked the config so it runs on its own. It does have a way to add custom markers to the map, send me your list and I'll see what I can do.

  16. #1236
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Bogota
    Posts
    426
    Hmmm… I wonder if we can look into a host that would enable this plug-in to run and have a life feed? *idly muses*

  17. #1237
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Vermont, USA
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbster View Post
    Hmmm… I wonder if we can look into a host that would enable this plug-in to run and have a life feed? *idly muses*
    Having the plugin running with the server certainly has its advantages, but it would increase our ram and bandwidth usage. This is something eltagno would have to look into.

  18. #1238
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    49
    Don't know how much enchanting anyone else has done. It's very random from all the use I've put it through, and it takes a lot of clicks to get a decent high chance (and you can still be screwed over). There is a nice plugin that lets you enchant with whatever you feel like if you have the levels for it. It'd have to wait till the server was on 1.1, but it looks very nice.

    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/mis...-1-1-r1.51532/

  19. #1239
    Network Hub El Stevo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth, United Kingdom
    Posts
    227
    The file format for Minecraft worlds is changing again, and biome data will be stored with the chunks in the new format. This is very good news. It means we'll be able to restore all the biomes to how they were when the world was originally generated.

    https://twitter.com/#!/jeb_/status/167918937474994176

  20. #1240
    Network Hub Xerian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by El Stevo View Post
    The file format for Minecraft worlds is changing again, and biome data will be stored with the chunks in the new format. This is very good news. It means we'll be able to restore all the biomes to how they were when the world was originally generated.

    https://twitter.com/#!/jeb_/status/167918937474994176
    Its official: Jeb is a proper developer, especially in comparison to Notch. Hurrah for Jebs sensibility!
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

    Excellently maniacal Steam-powered automaton.


    Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow & Zaerow.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •