Page 65 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 2348
    Quote Originally Posted by Wubble69 View Post
    I fail to see what you are apologising about. The backup regime that you have set up and monitored for so long has worked.

We got nuked. You were able to roll back to less than 24 hours.

So we may have lost bits and bobs and what not but at the end of the day, your diligence made the pain less than it could have been.

So STFU and thank you for your service :)

xxx
    This.

Also,
    Glad to hear Ginger's web hosting side wasn't affected. :)

I've rebuilt what I had lost, with help from twink. And apart from some lapis ore I'm no worse off (that ore is still in the ground near me, I think I can find it again).

Quote Originally Posted by TwinklinPixi3 View Post
    does anyone know if the server was supposed to restart just now, at about 9pm? If not, it just crashed.
    It was up the whole time. Veeskers stayed connected too.

Obscure Node

Donations

Okay so i've finally gotten around to sorting out donations, you have two options -
    1) head to http://urps-minecraft.co.uk/donate/ and use the donate button there :) I will make that page more pretty when I have time, aswell as adding in some nice little fancy graphical representations of donations.
    2) or make a donation to donate@urps-minecraft.co.uk via paypal
    3) If you would rather donate via other means then drop me an email at donate@urps-minecraft.co.uk and Im certain we can arrange something.

I'll put the information on the wiki shortly!
    Last edited by gingerbeast; 06-03-2012 at 12:27 AM. Reason: adding third option

Activated Node
    Hello

I have been moaning at great length and making people suffer my whinging over the last few days and figured I try to be part of the solution rather than just a moany old cunt.

Twice over the weekend I died and lost over 30 levels of experience and I am of the belief that the experience loss upon death is just totally bang out of order.

47 levels down to 6 levels is just ... well ... it made me swear alot.

This Bukkit plugin (I have no idea how these work) claims we can change how much is lost upon death.

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/controlorble/?page=6

"Configurable Experience Loss on Death (With the ability to fine-tune by death type!)"

I respectfully submit this plugin to the Gods of Red and hope that a) it is useful and b) the costs upon death can be made slightly more ... dignified.

Even a 50% loss rather than the current 80 - 90 % would be greatfully recieved.

Just popping in to say how rad the iron piston door pods at Plopwood and that they are goddamn fantastic.

I've started work on creating a western road out to west hub. Unsurprisingly it will take time so if anyone wants to help add borders and details, and add side roads and signage to nearby attractions then that would be helpful.

You may notice that there is now a "proper" central crossroads near to Nova market where the NESW roads meet. That still needs some work but should make it easier to give people directions etc.

Network Hub
    In case you see this Bondmystic, or if others are interested, I added the chest magnet options to the wiki, under the player commands:

http://urps-minecraft.co.uk/wiki/Com...st_of_commands

Possible mod upgrade- Elevators? Piston elevators mostly do not work in SMP, and it would be nice to have some ways to get up and down, especially with the sky eventually increasing.

Came on a little earlier and had an explore, would like to apply for Whitelisting if I may :)

Minecraft name is the same as here :)
    Last edited by MadJax; 17-03-2012 at 09:05 AM.
    Yes, I update the below link frequently on a whisky fuelled rampage. I regret nothing.

Being a grumpy bastard about everything gaming related.

Hi, MadJax. I added you to the whitelist. Sorry about taking so long, my computer has been out of action this week.

Could you whitelist Darkwingstalker? I'd also love an older version of minecraft if that's acceptable, unless Bukkit is coming soon :P
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

Network Hub
    Had a mad night last night - found 27 stacks of clay balls 'near' the public farm, including my single biggest haul ever - 11 stacks from one location :)

Hmm, this forum has gone very quiet :S

Hai ladies & gentlemen - I'll be leaving for Prague later today, and I wont be back until late friday, or possibly early saturday... Just to let you all know. (Its a schooltrip, so half of the trip'll undoubtfully be shite, but the other half will, hopefully, be nice :]...)
    Bai people, be well 'till I see you all again :]
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

Excellently maniacal Steampowered automaton.

Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow, Zaerow & a vast landscape of nicknames since lost in time.

Network Hub
    I think some of us have been busy elsewhere lately. Drose only pops in very rarely right now, and Elt is still stuck with computer problems I believe. I've got tons of work and you - what is your excuse exactly then twink? :P

Should also point out there is stilla fairly steady supply of people actually on the server itself, including a few older players popping back in again, which is ace.
    Last edited by Gerbster; 26-03-2012 at 05:51 PM.

me? My excuse is that I've been poorly, and still am - so not feeling up to much right now other than zoning out infront of the tv :S

Activated Node
    I've been busy with school productions of Fiddler on the Roof and Les Miserables and homework and such (oh the burdens of a teenager)
    Hopefully, when the shows have finished, I'll be able to get back online :D I'm looking forward to it

Network Hub
    For me, irl work. Been putting in a lot of time and slowly reaching a burnout point. Was almost ready to bail and put in my 2 week notice so I could move on to something else, but today the general manager beat me to the punch and made an interesting/desperate bid to keep me (he's been slowly bleeding staff ever since our very popular operations manager and my friend since 1999 was basically forced out by the owners). I've been bumped up to full manager (instead of the strange and stressful twilight zone I've been sitting in since December) of my department and will be getting extra pay (I need him to put the details in writing) as well as some more staff to take the workload off me. I'm still looking to take on a second job if the scheduling can be made to work (current job daytime, 2nd job part-time on graveyard shift would work perfect). While potentially getting extra pay between the 2 jobs is nice and would allow me to *finally* feel like I'm an adult in a multitude of ways, the health/vision/dental coverage and 401K offerings... even to part-timers after 90 days! ...are the things drawing me to the other place, things I can't remotely expect to get through my current job. My current insurance is super-expensive and is a lesser-tier offering from them, I don't have dental coverage (so all out-of-pocket), and me retire? HA, with my finances such as they are, when I'm dead.

As far as gameplay, yeah like Gerb said I pop on every now and then. Am pleased that the Bukkit team is now part of Mojang's Minecraft development. Sure, things are quiet but our server has had much greater staying power than the vast majority of servers out there. Perhaps an analogy is an old bar/pub where everybody knows your... skin. You may wander off to many other places to do many other things, but the server is there warm and comfortable and easy to return to.

Outside of occasional visits to the server, I've not done much Minecrafting at all. The Mystcraft mod has me captivated as it has grown. I've played some random stuff on my Steam account and actually just completed my first run through of both Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2. I won't be playing ME3 until it comes to Steam or I *cough* play an evaluation copy off the internet *cough* which ever comes first. Don't judge me, I first played Half-Life 2 in that manner and was impressed enough that I installed Steam, bought the game, and many others through that system since. EA Games' Origin is not likely to get that kind of patronage from me, sorry. I haz a sad. Oh, and good gawd. SimCity 5 is coming next year. Also Origin, still no. I haz a double sad.

I'm doing a quick (hopefully) conversion of the diorama code onto xbox so I can chuck out a 4 player split screen game asap. One of the things I'm doing differently to minecraft is not treating slabs, steps or normal blocks differently to each other. There are a couple of nice sideeffects of that - the most obvious being that almost any block can be "chipped away". I've just uploaded a video here so you can see what you think.

Please also laugh at just how small Youtube makes the video :) The original size is clearly poor for this sort of thing...! I'll change it for subsequent videos.

http://youtu.be/SQPqfRRJkUk

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    What's the current version of the server at the mo?

I have some free time (read: that's a hell of a lie, what with 16,000 words needing to be written by the start of May) coming up soon, and it'd be good to get back into the game.