Page 77 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 2333
    Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by El Stevo View Post
    I whitelisted you, Xael. Welcome to the server. :)
    Thank you very much! :D

See you in the serv, I'll show it to my friend and convince them to come!

Quote Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
    zanchito! was it you who was developing Egypt?!!!?!?!?
    Yes, that was originally me back in 2010, then someone else took over (fine by me, they've created a hilarious sphinx) and now I'm back to see how much can I advance with the lighthouse of Alexandria (the huge square by the sea, it'll be built 1:1) and some smaller housing, theban-themed. Far into the foggy mists of the future are Abu Simbel, a typical temple and the mandatory pyramid or two.

Yeah, the sphinx is something my daughter and I have been working on! Just need to do the headdress now and it's done. I'd always assumed the big square was the base for a pyramid, so I'm glad you're back! I look forward to seeing the pharos, let me know if you want a hand building it. Help yourself to wheat from the farm and/or reeds if you need them. Hope to see you online soon.

Why, thank you, sir, and please congratulate your daughter for the really cool (and inventive!) work.

If you people are up for it, we might see about filling the area up a little bit. I have historical drawings and plans for some buildings, small/medium for the city proper and an oasis, and medium/large/huge for the landmarks (temple of Ra, Abu Simbel, pyramids)... The pharos is mostly VERY BORING work and a lot of walking around doing measurements, I'd feel bad about dragging you into that.

I'd appretiate if you saved all the gravel you can find, though, I have to cover a lot of stuff on the base. I was also thinking about doing some creative gardening around: planting redwood trees and trimming the leaves to look kinda like palm trees. Only we should decide the placement first!

What times are you on usually? I can be online around 15-17 GMT and sometimes 21-23 GMT (I'm actually GMT+1)

Boring measurement based work doesn't bother me much. A touch of OCD can actually have its uses =)

I can't say I often dig gravel but I'll certainly save any I do come across.

As for times, I've not been on a huge amount recently but when I am on for a decent gaming session it's usually 22:00 onwards (once the girls are all sorted out).

Network Hub
    I dumped a chest of gravel and smooth at the base of that big area being built in Egypt - if you need more I have 6 double chests full of it and more being produced at the warehouse in Shrewbil as and when needed. I also did a quick trip around Egypt making it all into a desert biome, but if I missed some do let me know. Good luck :)

Thank you, Gerbster, I actually used the stone for the pavement, it was a great help. I'll have to mine some more and I'm hoping to actually start raising the exterior building today! As for the biome, I hadn't noticed any wonky happenings (part of the pharos is in a hills biome, but I don't mind that, it's actually the part overlooking the ocean and the far shore, so it gets rain every now and then, which gives it a nice seaworthy feeling), but thanks for correcting it!

J.B.: I wanted to ask you: there's an underground home right behind my workshop, by the obsidian portal. I'd like to build some housing in that area, can I create a brewery around the stairs down to fit them into the whole thing? Also, I think we might have enough gravel for now, but stone, smoothed out if possible, will be used in large quantities!

Also, I'm also building secrets into the area! No need to move / place blocks to discover them, just exploring around. Right now, there's one, I'll be adding more as the area gets built. There will also be free housing for whoever wants it (mostly tourists I'm guessing).
    Last edited by zanchito; 24-07-2012 at 07:25 AM.

The home near the portal is nothing particularly permanent. It was just somewhere to work out of. Build what you want and I'll transfer the stuff down there into the sphinx paws, no problem! I'll try to do that later today if possible.

Also, I have lots of cobble back at Hollow Hill still, if we get coal together I'll get a bank of furnaces running =)

EDIT: Ok, all the stuff is transferred from the hole in the ground, except for the front door and a couple of torches. Did you want it filled in or left for possible use as a cellar? Started making smooth stone as well.
    Last edited by J.B.; 24-07-2012 at 10:18 AM.

Wow, J.B. , that was fast! I was actually asking in advance, I wasn't going to start the small buildings until the pharos is done. Don't worry about the hole, when the city plan is laid out we'll see what to do with it.

Do you use coal for furnaces? I'm hesitant because of limited availability, currently I'm planting trees and burning wood, gives me something to do in the nights when it's not safe to work out there on the pharos (dig cobble down at the very bottom of the mines, bonus for finding other stuff and killing slimes, harvest wood from the nearby row of trees, which are safely illuminated). Also, I don't like using lava because of the same reason, I want it for decoration/utility/obsidian making.

Please feel free to use any infrastructure I have laying around (furnaces, beds, chests).

BTW: there are a few spots on the sphinx that are dark enough to generate monsters, mainly on the hind legs, head and the back. How would you feel about giving them a little light? Not now, but later on, I could fetch some glowstone and correctly placed it would illuminate those spots without being noticeable from ground level. I actually like it lighted as it is, and most mobs are not a problem, but endermen and creepers could damage it.
    Last edited by zanchito; 24-07-2012 at 01:29 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by zanchito View Post
    Do you use coal for furnaces? I'm hesitant because of limited availability
    Get a pick enchanted with [the enchantment wot makes things drop more] and, once you start getting 3 or 4 coal from each block, you'll be drowning in the stuff. Of course, if you do the same with every redstone block, you'll need a lot more chest space...

Quote Originally Posted by zanchito View Post
    BTW: there are a few spots on the sphinx that are dark enough to generate monsters, mainly on the hind legs, head and the back. How would you feel about giving them a little light? Not now, but later on, I could fetch some glowstone and correctly placed it would illuminate those spots without being noticeable from ground level. I actually like it lighted as it is, and most mobs are not a problem, but endermen and creepers could damage it.
    I have glowstone left over from the sphinx ceiling lighting that we can use, sounds like a good idea to me. Might need some built into the top of the headdress in places too (when it's made!), I'll see how that goes though.

As for coal, I had some knocking around, there's a load of smooth now in the chest that you took the gravel out of (I'm guessing). I have an enchanted pick or two, so I'm sure I'll get more soon enough.

Well, going a little bit fantasy with it, you could make the headdress aout of sandstone and glowstone, alternating in this fashion:

http://www.imperioromano.com/blog/img/ramsesiii.jpg

I was literally just thinking that I'll stripe the front face of it! Sandstone and...not sure. Maybe glowstone, maybe blue wool. Probably try the blue wool first and then think about glowstone.

I've added 2 glowstone blocks to the front upper face of each hind leg so far. More to follow when I'm on next =)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Whereabouts is Egypt? Someone mentioned the south; is it on one of the hubs?

Quote Originally Posted by Danny252 View Post
    Whereabouts is Egypt? Someone mentioned the south; is it on one of the hubs?
    Yep, South Hub.

Network Hub
    If you want decorative gold, use glowstone lanterns instead of glowstone - they just look that much nicer :)
    I'll transfer a metric shit-ton of smooth stone over to Egypt now - I basically have infinite supplies now as we came up with a redstone machine that produces it - if you ever run out I'll show you where mine is.

If you want the biomes sorted or reverted, just let me know when you are online and you can show me what you want.

can you make it an imperial shit-ton? ;)

Network Hub
    Done. I measured it using a baker's dozen, to avoid confusion.

Also - custom trees should be that much easier to make now. Leaf blocks you manually place no longer decay I believe, so you can come up with any fancy shape and don't need to use that old rule of being within 5 blocks of a log. Fence posts work very nicely for thin trunks, naturally.

Whoah, whoah, fence posts? That's some advanced shit. Like, we're talking NASA stuff here!

Network Hub
    Wot zee bloody hell is going on at Colewich. I don't come on for a day and suddenly the area is isolated?
    What happened, an outbreak of rabies or something that necesitated quarantining the entire place?
    Anti-social Trouty!