Page 79 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 2290
    Minecraft updates to 1.3 today, but the server won't be updating just yet. If you want to update to 1.3 make sure you backup your minecraft.jar first!

In case any of you forget, there's a backup here. That link is also listed in the FAQ on the wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by zanchito View Post
    Damn, Prototype 2 and Orcs Must Die 2 came out. They are worse than creepers for building.
    Its adviseable to stay far, faaaar away from Prototype 2. Its broken as hell, and Activision fired the developers before they'd finished the PC port, but they still kicked it out the door. (Over 50% of all players are experiencing game-breaking bugs one way or another at one point or another :s)
    Orcs Must Die 2 though.. I'm inclined to agree there. :]
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

Excellently maniacal Steam-powered automaton.

Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow & Zaerow.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTindall View Post
    Also, how come image uploading on the wiki is disabled? I wanted to go about improving the wiki. :(
    Image uploading is fixed now.

Quote Originally Posted by gwathdring View Post
    Hello. I've never done this sort of thing before in Minecraft. I checked out out the FAQ and the Wiki and whatnot, and I suppose I'll do some tourism next. Other than a small server I set up with some friends, I've only played Single Player. Is there anything I should know other than the server rules and the FAQ to get me started?

Thanks. :)
    Just jump in. Let me know your Minecraft user name if you want to be whitelisted so you can build.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by El Stevo View Post
    Just jump in. Let me know your Minecraft user name if you want to be whitelisted so you can build.
    My Minecraft username is "sulinde." Thanks. I look forward to visiting the server. :)
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0

Quote Originally Posted by Xerian View Post
    Its adviseable to stay far, faaaar away from Prototype 2. Its broken as hell, and Activision fired the developers before they'd finished the PC port, but they still kicked it out the door. (Over 50% of all players are experiencing game-breaking bugs one way or another at one point or another :s) Orcs Must Die 2 though.. I'm inclined to agree there. :]
    Too late. I'm not having any issues with Prototype 2, though. It's still painful to see the amazing potential it has, but that doesn't materialise. Anyway, it's good silly fun!

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by gwathdring View Post
    My Minecraft username is "sulinde." Thanks. I look forward to visiting the server. :)
    Someone's whitelisted you now

Quote Originally Posted by RMA View Post
    Someone's whitelisted you now
    Thanks. :)

Looking forward to it. I've been wandering around gawking at things and scouting out unused territory. Time to hit up the public farm and get started on something. :)
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

I have two questions:

1) What's the protocol for the public mine?

2) I seem to be unable to enter the public farm. I've got a pretty good start on things now from living off the land in the wilderness (haven't found an empty place that strikes me for building things yet), but when I first got on I figured I'd get some food and some wood that I knew would be safe to harvest before wandering off to find Terra Nova. However I was unable to leave the Stargate room to explore the farm. Is this a normal probation thing? If so, no big deal. I've got enough things to get going for now, but I'm curious as to why this occurred because the Wiki seemed to imply that the only thing that's different about probation is how closely my activity is tracked by the server.

Thanks! I've had a lot of fun wandering about RPS Nova, clambering through the wilderness, hugging a creeper, and minecrafting. It's really cool to see all the things other people have done on the server, or to be wandering around and see the remains of someone's temporary night-time shelter. Really gives Minecraft some added warmth. :)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Did you forget to open the door or something? There's no restrictions on where you go, afaik. Could've been desync'd from the server and it thought you were half a block to the left or something, it happens.

Activated Node
    1) afaik there's no special protocol, just... dig ! all you find is yours ! (err maybe i remember a chest for fee ? loong time... is anyone using this now ? you better maybe start your own cave... or maybe there IS a protocol after all, especially regarding torch placement, as to not have creepers and so ?... so you may want to disregard this part, waiting for a more enlightened advice... though one sure thing : there is not easily reachable valuable ore left in public mine)

2) this might sound stupid, but... did you ever try to go through any other door ? cause you see, if you open a door with the left click of the mouse, it will look as though it's open, but you can't go through. You NEED to open any door with a right click of the mouse. It took me (and some others :p) a while to realize... and you sure sound like having that kind of problem, cause there is no special restriction in this farm, that i know of.

You should be able to go anywhere. Viv's explanation sounds the most likely. Make sure you're using right click to open doors, not left click.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by vivlo View Post
    1) afaik there's no special protocol, just... dig ! all you find is yours ! (err maybe i remember a chest for fee ? loong time... is anyone using this now ? you better maybe start your own cave... or maybe there IS a protocol after all, especially regarding torch placement, as to not have creepers and so ?... so you may want to disregard this part, waiting for a more enlightened advice... though one sure thing : there is not easily reachable valuable ore left in public mine)
    Yeah, you're probably much better off just digging around your "Terra Nova"! Anything within a km of RPS Nova is probably riddled with tunnels and things.

I had problems with the doors too at first. Right click to open and also try right clicking again, sometimes the client desynchs from the server and makes it look like the door is open, but actually it isn't.

Thanks, folks. I'll make sure I'm right clicking ... I can't remember if I was left or right-clicking. The door would open, I'd walk through and be instantly bumped back inside the door. So ... that sounds a lot like the client thinking the door is open and the server disagreeing. I'll give it another go before I return to scouting the South for a place to build.

I had a lovely tour of Bacon from a resident the other day ... rather impressive machinery round those parts. :)

I also discovered elevators.

Activated Node
    I'd recommend hacking out and away from Nova.

Don't worry too much about immediate set up costs and stuff because even thou we don't use kits on the server most of the regulars will happily supply you were immediate setup materials to gt you started. Just don't expect them to give you full sets of diamond tools and you won't put anyones nose out of joint by asing politely in chat.

When you get to be a bit more known you can start asking impolitely in chat :)

Read the wiki and check out the map and find a spot miles from anywhere and then start making mad and beautiful things.

Network Hub
    The east of the map is likely the least inhabited, and Danny has been spending plenty of his free time extending the road network out that way - support a Danny today!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Supporting a Danny works better if you actually pay enough attention to realise what end of the map I'm on!

West end, people, try the west end.

I'd love to help with a public project like road expansion. How does one get involved with that sort of thing?

I'd love for a road NOT going to my place in the east! And people too! Cause you all know I hate you :).. Okay, okay. I love you, but I'm paranoid and get anxious around people. ;3
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

Excellently maniacal Steam-powered automaton.

Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow & Zaerow.