Page 81 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 2348
    I expanded the map! You can now go a further 8km south. Strongholds _will_ generate in the new map area. The seam between the old map and the new map is pretty horrible at the moment, but we'll try to pretty it up over time.

Activated Node
    Hurrayyyy !!

Activated Node
    Is this not odd, i typed 'HURRAYYYY !!' and it was displayed as 'Hurrayyyy !!'.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Relevant:

Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

This is where I post to get whitelisted, right? #totalnoob

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by vivlo View Post
    Hurrayyyy !!
    10chargoeshere

Network Hub
    You are kidding me, maybe 2/3rds is sea? FFS…..

Network Hub
    I take that back, maybe 1/8th is land… and why is the new sea level 1 block lower than before? :(
    So Elt, is there any way we can wipe and try a different seed? If the biomes are locked in to the old chunks, it would mean we don't have to worry about the funny weather stuff.

I really think we should try another, this is just an outrageous amount of unusable space (and must admit, I was only really expecting a 4km addition anyway, maybe even less). If we ARE going to go for a new seed, it needs to be sooner rather than later so people don't build too much.

And if we are keeping, what is your plan for the join Elt? I will happily help work on a wall, and could start on some simple designs this week.

See, you say unusable space, I say it's a good engineering challenge for the people on a server quite clearly up for it. Resources don't appear to be much of a problem for people. Besides, there's actually some amazing caverns underneath the water. People are just going to need to strike lucky by picking a spot on the sea, digging down and seeing what happens.

Network Hub
    Yeah I guess I have been spoilt by the 'old' area. I can see some of the charm of having a large ocean I suppose.
    Elt has a plan for smoothing the boundaries so try to steer clear of building directly on them (particularly since any part that borders Mammalia is already claimed by me!).

Danny, are you up to helping Elt and I with the south road extension?

Eltagno, what about a secondary 'central' hub, located in the middle (as close as possible) of the new area, and we set up a similar portal structure to what we have (or maybe just add in some new hubs, say Newlands South, Newlands North etc).

I've spent sometime wandering the lovely domains of RPS-minecraft-dom. Can I be whitelisted? I'm symbolblue. Just want to be able to walk through doors. Maybe build a hovel.

I believe OverlookBay (on ExplorNet, which in turn will probably have to be shifted considering it was build on the old border) is in the process of being developed into a hub of some sort. Considering there isn't as much as land to begin with, I can see it not being overly likely we'll be needing too many more hubs.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbster View Post
    Danny, are you up to helping Elt and I with the south road extension?
    Woo incredibly long bridges? :)

Give me a yell when you have some clue where you're going with it all

Activated Node
    August the 21st, 2012
    Somewhere

My very dear Mister Trout:

The indications are very strong that we shall move in a few days—perhaps tomorrow back to Auraxis. Lest I should not be able to write you again, I feel impelled to write lines that may fall under your eye when I shall be no more.

Our movement may be one of a few days’ duration and full of pleasure—and it may be one of severe conflict and death to me. Not my will, but thine Eltagno, be done. If it is necessary that I should fall on the battlefield for my outfit, I am ready. I have no misgivings about, or lack of confidence in, the cause in which I am engaged, and my courage does not halt or falter. I know how strongly Auraxian Civilisation now leans upon the triumph of the Vanu, and how great a debt we owe to those who went before us through the blood and suffering of the earlier war. And I am willing—perfectly willing—to lay down all my joys in this life, to help maintain this Government, and to pay that debt.

But, my dear friend, when I know that with my own joys I lay down nearly all of yours, and replace them in this life with cares and sorrows—when, after having eaten for long years the bitter fruit of orphanage myself, I must offer it as their only sustenance to my dear little children — is it weak or dishonorable, while the banner of my purpose floats calmly and proudly in the breeze, that my unbounded manlove for you, my darling builder buddy, should struggle in fierce, though useless, contest with my love of country.

Trouty, my manlove for you is deathless, it seems to bind me to you with mighty cables that nothing but Omnipotence could break; and yet my love of the Vanu comes over me like a strong wind and bears me irresistibly on with all these chains to the battlefield.

The memories of the blissful moments I have spent building with you come creeping over me, and I feel most gratified to Eltagno and to you that I have enjoyed them so long. And hard it is for me to give them up and burn to ashes the hopes of future years, when Eltagno willing, we might still have lived and mined together and seen our tall spires grow up to honorable mandicktowers around us. I have, I know, but few and small claims upon Divine Providence, but something whispers to me—perhaps it is the wafted prayers of my villagers—that I shall return to my loved ones unharmed. If I do not, my dear Trouty, never forget how much I respect you, and when my last breath escapes me on the battlefield, it will whisper your name.

Forgive my many faults, and the many pains I have caused you. How thoughtless and foolish I have often been! How gladly would I wash out with my tears every little spot upon your happiness, and struggle with all the misfortune of this world, to shield you and my villagers from harm. But I cannot. I must watch you from the spirit land and hover near you, while you buffet the storms with your precious little Mooshrooms, and wait with sad patience till we meet to part no more.

But, O Trouty! If the dead can come back to this earth and flit unseen around those they loved, I shall always be near you; in the brightest day and in the darkest night—amidst your happiest scenes and gloomiest hours—always, always; and if there be a soft breeze upon your cheek, it shall be my breath; or the cool air fans your throbbing temple, it shall be my spirit passing by.
    Trouty, do not mourn me dead; think I am gone and wait for me, for we shall meet again.

As for my villagers and golems, they will grow as I have done, and never know a father's love and care. Xerian is too young to remember me long, and my blue-eyed Richma will keep my frolics with him among the dimmest memories of his childhood. Trouty, I have unlimited confidence in your paternal care and your development of their characters. Tell my two mothers his and hers I call Eltagno's blessing upon them. O Trouty, I wait for you there! Come to me, and lead thither my children.

Wubble

I'm very very tempted to abandon work on Gotham and move south to build in the endless sea. Regrettably, I think I'll stick with Gotham, which still needs settlers if anyone is looking for a new project.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

Quote Originally Posted by dontmakelemonade View Post
    This is where I post to get whitelisted, right? #totalnoob
    I need to know your Minecraft name. Also, make sure you read the FAQ first.

Quote Originally Posted by metapompical View Post
    I've spent sometime wandering the lovely domains of RPS-minecraft-dom. Can I be whitelisted? I'm symbolblue. Just want to be able to walk through doors. Maybe build a hovel.
    Done. Welcome the the server. Make sure you read the FAQ if you haven't done so already.

A million thanks! Can't wait to start exploring. Sometimes solo-minecraft is wonderful. The excitement of being alone, of being the transformative force of a little domain on an enormous world. Then it sinks in that you are just here by yourself and the ship left you stranded on this pointless planet and all you've built is a stupid cobblestone cube...

But then I see all that is made on this server! So impressive. Cities, villages, monuments to the ends of that earth.

Just so everyone knows, I have no intention of wiping the map extension and trying again with a different seed. One man's unusable space is another man's land (alright, alright, sea) of opportunity.

With regards to gates, my plan was to set up a hub network identical to the one in the old lands as soon as all of the map was revealed. That mostly seems to have been done now, so we just need to decide where to site the hubs.

Obscure Node
    Well dang, the game seems to be at 1.3.2 now and i never updated to 1.3.1, could anyone kindly share a jar for that one?

EDIT: actually, i seem to be able to log in fine with version 1.3.2
    Last edited by Veeskars; 21-08-2012 at 05:38 PM.