Page 84 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 2342
    Network Hub
    I agree to a certain point, although it has been a subject of discussion over the ages about whether and how we do some publicity. The idea would not be to flood the server with anyone who wants in, we'd still maintain our standards, but just to have a bit more life on the server.

Anyway, this point is why I posted here, to see what others thought :)

It would be great to have more people on the server at any time but again having too many people could lead to a bit of griefing or problems, leading in turn to the admins having to do a lot of work rather than enjoying the game themselves.

It would also be hard to vet that many people with the current whitelist system no?

Still I'm all for having more people around as long as they dont start 'feefin ma diamondz!'

Also, can someone explain to me how the hell the elevator in the Large skyscraper at the new lands north hub works. I can't figure it out for the life of me!
    Last edited by purdz; 12-09-2012 at 05:37 PM.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbster View Post
    Anyway, this point is why I posted here, to see what others thought :)
    You are wise!

/bow

I would personally say go for it, as the server needs a bit of new blood and fresh life, and managing alot of newcomers shouldnt be too hard if we do what we've done thus far, and especially not when considering that we should be able to rollback any damage that'd be caused by the rare griefer, keeping in mind that we've had griefers before and will never cease to have them rarely, and we could ofcourse have a harsher screening-process for none-RPS'ers, where we simply ditch the dirt and keep the gold, so to speak.. And we could, ofcourse just have a set amount of time in which we take in new members, instead of all the time (every few weeks, etc, as that'd limit the load on us moderators) Anyways, this'll definitely need further discussion, but I'm intrigued.
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

Excellently maniacal Steampowered automaton.

Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow, Zaerow & a vast landscape of nicknames since lost in time.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Here's the way I see it:

So some people see the server and of them, some go "Hey, that looks great, I wanna check it out!" So they do. Of those, some will maybe want to try out the server, so they come on here to try and get probation. Of those, some might not all pass (or simply decide it's not for them) and then we're left with the final lot of people.

Whilst I don't fundamentally disagree with Wubble on this one and very much share the concerns, I think statistically, it'd probably work out alright.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Does anyone know how the elevator in the skyscraper at overlook bay works? I can't work it out for the life of me, I'm assuming its magic as i can't see any moving parts..

Quote Originally Posted by purdz View Post
    Does anyone know how the elevator in the skyscraper at overlook bay works? I can't work it out for the life of me, I'm assuming its magic as i can't see any moving parts..
    It uses a plugin. http://urps-minecraft.co.uk/wiki/Elevator

Obscure Node
    My goal is to work in blocklyn, purdz, but it's taking me a while to get there. One does not simply portal to blocklyn, it seems.

Activated Node
    I have no problem with a bit of advertising, the mods are all lazy anyway, they need some work to do. Might be handy to have a mod page so mods can leave notes about new people or something.

People were asking for it.

Here is the Nations at War texture pack updated for version 1.3 with my usual changes:

http://www.mediafire.com/?u8dl7o6jz6gq0ju
    Last edited by Comrade Commissar; 13-09-2012 at 06:26 PM.

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

Quote Originally Posted by citazent View Post
    My goal is to work in blocklyn, purdz, but it's taking me a while to get there. One does not simply portal to blocklyn, it seems.
    Yeah you can citazent! You wanna hit /spawn then go to the portals and the first on the left go to Lands edge, from lands edge walk down the stairs to the new lands portal and jump to the north hub, once at the north hub(north hub of the south lands) you can use one of the portals to take you to Blocklyn!

Quote Originally Posted by El Stevo View Post
    Seems to be broken, it comes up with a code error when i try setting it up

says something about code error please report bugs etc..

EDIT: ignore me it seems that i tried to build a bendy elevator! :D
    Last edited by purdz; 14-09-2012 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Commissar View Post
    People were asking for it.

Here is the Nations at War texture pack updated for version 1.3 with my usual changes:

http://www.mediafire.com/?u8dl7o6jz6gq0ju
    People as in 'A' person? AMIRITE? (Yes, I still love teasing you) and well okay, I'll use it too... Anyway, thanks :]
    Quote Originally Posted by RMA View Post
    I have no problem with a bit of advertising, the mods are all lazy anyway, they need some work to do. Might be handy to have a mod page so mods can leave notes about new people or something.
    Lazy and "having nothing to do" are two seperate things ;p - in any case I'd say a mod-page of some sort would be very handy if we do go ahead and throw some builds on there.
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

Excellently maniacal Steampowered automaton.

Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow, Zaerow & a vast landscape of nicknames since lost in time.

I'm building a central memorial hall under the RPS Market now and I need some birch and pine wood for the billboards where you can put up a sign to be remembered.

I had noticed that people would put up signs in the style of "Blabla was here. - 10/12/2011" on the public announcments billboard, but seeing as I wiped that one to make room for new announcments (I plan to wipe it once per month now) I figured people might like a central place to put up a memorial sign.

If you would be so kind to donate some birch and pine wood, that would be great.
    There are chests to the left and right of the public announcments billboard, so if you could put it in there that would be grand.

Cheers!

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Commissar View Post
    I'm building a central memorial hall under the RPS Market now and I need some birch and pine wood for the billboards where you can put up a sign to be remembered.

I had noticed that people would put up signs in the style of "Blabla was here. - 10/12/2011" on the public announcments billboard, but seeing as I wiped that one to make room for new announcments (I plan to wipe it once per month now) I figured people might like a central place to put up a memorial sign.

If you would be so kind to donate some birch and pine wood, that would be great.
    There are chests to the left and right of the public announcments billboard, so if you could put it in there that would be grand.

Cheers!
    I've got a bunch of pine trees growing in Italic House you can nab (north hub - just keep going NW from the gate and hop over the wall) - it'd be nice if you replanted them but I have so many saplings left over it wouldn't be the end of the world!

Network Hub
    To whoever is working on the south road and hit the edge of Mammalia - I've laid out the route I'd like it to take through my land, and there is a certain part towards the end that I want to build personally (it is signposted) due to, well, personal reasons (from just before delly portrait onwards).

I am also working on an alternate south road that actually joins up to what has been built, via the actual original south road.

And speaking of which, who built Land's Edge, and is there any chance of a pedestrian entrance there, since now you can actually get there (pretty much) via walking from spawn, would be a shame IMO not to join it.

Activated Node
    Elt put Lands End there.

My FOB Alpha is 30m immediately north.

I put the "straight" path along the edge of the old map to the bottom of the old south road.

I would be happy to deal with making the old south road link through to lands edge.

I'll even use the Road Guidelines set forth by the Road Committee.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbster View Post
    To whoever is working on the south road and hit the edge of Mammalia - I've laid out the route I'd like it to take through my land, and there is a certain part towards the end that I want to build personally (it is signposted) due to, well, personal reasons (from just before delly portrait onwards).
    You can do all of it if you want. I'm fed up of road building.

Obscure Node
    Hello. This is my submission for the whitelist. I'm new to the forums, but I have been reading RPS at least since 2010. My IGN is geneticmodifier , I look like a brown fish if one would like to ID me in person. I would gladly provide any more details if necessary. According to the wiki, I should mention that I have fully read the FAQ and rules.

Activated Node
    He's promoted

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    In pursuing the Strongholds, I discovered two things:

Thing the first) Starting from Antarctica (New Lands South) and immediately throwing an Ender Eye, it was leading me north towards the currently discovered Stronghold. This obviously doesn't say that I was being led to that one for certain, but I'm not sure.

Thing the second) En route, I happened across a chasm in the sea floor. It revealed a very deep ravine - as in, diamond level deep. After wandering around, I also found an abandoned mine shaft at near-bedrock levels. There were some goodies, amongst the reachable chests, but I left most of them in (some gold, iron ingots, an iron pickaxe, plenty of coal). I also found a dungeon and know that through my mining, there is definitely one other, but I'm not sure how to access it (just that that volume of mob sounds could only come from a spawner).

To get to the chasm, if you go north of New Lands South Hub, you'll reach two sand islands (if looking on the map, about 2/5 of the way between South Hub and Des Village) - the one on the left is much smaller than the other to its right. I believe the chasm is between the two of them, but don't know for sure. It's definitely tight up against them. Be wary! Access is deep under-water, so you'll almost certainly need the breathing enchantment for your helm to reach it. In addition, when you leave the water and drop in, if you don't follow it closely, it'll be a huge drop and there is some lava near by. I plopped down a few torches, but have no idea what it's like to see them. You'll know my tracks, if not due to the torches, but also the amount of obsidian I've left in my wake.

Beyond the usual suspects, there was a fair bit of lapis and diamond. I picked up 20 ore of the latter, but considering the size of the place and the density of which I collected it, I would put good money on there being far more around.