Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RPSOrchestra

RPSOrchestra

Red Orchestra 2 will soon be upon us (and you can now prepurchase).

With that in mind, join the RPS Red Orchestra steam group for game organising and probably an RPS clan formation:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RPSOrchestra

Edit: We have a server, courtesy of nullkigan

It should appear as: RPS Unofficial Heroserver
    For direct connection, use: server.herosquad.org:8000
    There is no password yet, but if we need to add one it will be 'rumpus'.
    Last edited by GraveyardJimmy; 31-08-2011 at 11:00 AM.

Whey! I joined. Pretty pleased with the 20% for owning the original RO, but that just means I'm going to have to buy the Deluxe Edition, doesn't it... I wonder when access to the final phase of the beta starts.

Looking forward to this.

Instantly buying as soon as the Australian censorship issue is cleared up - it should be fine. (Fallout 3 has dismemberment and got through.) Very very down to play with anyone perhaps slightly geographically close to Aus or Southeast Asia, assuming RO2 can't handle 8 timezones worth of lag.

Activated Node
    How difficult is this likely to be to get into for a complete newbie to the series? I'm tempted by it since it sounds great but seeing as most of my online shootery experience is in games like CoD and TF2 I suspect this might be too frustrating of a step up for me to handle.

Also, how is the community? Am I likely to be abused and kicked for being hopeless?

Quote Originally Posted by Roarster View Post
    How difficult is this likely to be to get into for a complete newbie to the series? I'm tempted by it since it sounds great but seeing as most of my online shootery experience is in games like CoD and TF2 I suspect this might be too frustrating of a step up for me to handle.

Also, how is the community? Am I likely to be abused and kicked for being hopeless?
    We have yet to see how RO2 differs from RO1, so I am basing this on RO1.
    Yeah its nothing like CoD or TF2. It's very much on the "realism" side of things. Pretty Difficult, slow pace, one-shot deaths, questionable controls etc.
    I enjoyed RO1 very much as an extension of the multiplayer games I was already playing; it just offers a different experience to the Battlefields and Call of Duties. I would imagine if you have any interest or fascination with World War 2 and simulation type of games then this could very well be for you.
    My impression of the RO community was very positive. It's the kind of game that attracts a more mature audience, I think.

EDIT: Woah, I just looked at the price of RO2 ... I need to see more of the game before I buy it XD

Quote Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
    Woah, I just looked at the price of RO2 ... I need to see more of the game before I buy it XD
    Expensive or cheap? Because 20 for a preorder is great value to me.

Developers have stated that this will be more streamlined with less barriers to those new to the series (http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...ad.php?t=54755)

But at its core, the game still plays like RO. It just now doesn't have a learning "cliff", it has a learning curve. And things flow a lot smoother, we've removed a lot of the barriers for entry. Of the RO1 fans that have entered the beta, 99.9 % LOVE RO2. The reason for this is that RO2 does just what we've said it does, it makes Red Orchestra more accessible while keeping the core gameplay elements (the heart and soul) of what the fans loved about RO1.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...ad.php?t=48698

that there's a list of features. awesome awesome awesome features.

No mention of Eyefinity but I can see one feature there (periphery vision) that could clash.

That however is one awesome list of gaming goodness, lets hope they pulled it off.

Activated Node
    Thanks for the feedback, it does sound good though I'm still a bit unsure. Hopefully there'll be a demo or a beta before release so I can give it a go.

Obscure Node
    There is meant to be a large open beta before release and there will very likely be free weekends after.

for those who want to see more of the game before buying, there are a lot of good, lengthy gameplay videos up on youtube etc. I just watched one from PAX 2010 but i'm sure there are more recent ones.

If you just search red orchestra 2 gameplay in youtube, all sorts will crop up.

I've been thinking about either getting this or Battlefield 3. (I play DH a lot).

The choice seems simple at the moment! I have full faith in Tripwire to add a HUGE amount on content to the game in the form of more tanks/weapons/maps and such (might I add from their track record the content will be free). I also have full faith in the community to play well and to produce some fantastic mods.

BF3 at the moment is offering none of this other than better graphics.

Network Hub
    I think a lot of the ARPS crowd are going to be jumping straight on this so there should be plenty of people to play with from day one.

Network Hub Peter Radiator Full Pig's Avatar
    Rock Paper Stalingrad.

Network Hub
    Oh and we will likely have a server in the usual place

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by dartt View Post
    There is meant to be a large open beta before release and there will very likely be free weekends after.
    I doubt there will be an open beta before release considering that a bonus for buying the deluxe edition is access to the closed beta. Especially considering that part of the closed beta hasn't started yet and we are 3 weeks from release.

They have confirmed plans for a free weekend sometime after release however.

I've been salting money away in my Steam wallet, I'll be getting this around 11th. I look forward to being blown to meaty chunks alongside the ARPS crowd and any other RPSers who plan on playing!

Network Hub
    Lets get some of that campaign action going \o/. I wonder if RO TV records too.

I'm pretty jazzed about this game. Being the shameless Tripwire fan I am, I pre-ordered the deluxe edition (I play Killing Floor quite a bit, so I figure I'd like the skins). Quite looking forward to playing this and I hope there's an RPS server at some point, although I've had difficulty connecting to RPS servers in the past (which isn't surprising, considering I'm living quite a ways away from the UK)

Just brought the original red orchestra to get the feel of the game before the second one comes out so I'm up for playing a few games with RPS folk.