Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RPSOrchestra

Will be buying Red Orchestra 1 sometime this week, looking forward to dying many times alongside you all.
    "It's not just a fact, it's cold, hard speculation."

To those interested in getting a copy of RO1, there's a special on Get Games right now for $2, and I'm pretty sure all copies are Steamworks.

Hey just thought i'd mention, you can get RO2 on greenman gaming for like $27 US with the preorder discount and 20% off anything voucher code they're offering at the moment, that's the cheapest i've seen it and it's tempting me

oh and it just gives you the code to register on steam
    Last edited by Cable; 11-08-2011 at 12:37 PM. Reason: more information

News from the beta, not official though.

first batch of screens

second batch of screens

Big Q&A

Lesser Hivemind Node westyfield's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cable View Post
    Hey just thought i'd mention, you can get RO2 on greenman gaming for like $27 US with the preorder discount and 20% off anything voucher code they're offering at the moment, that's the cheapest i've seen it and it's tempting me

oh and it just gives you the code to register on steam
    Yeah, if you combine the 15% off pre-order deal with the 20% off voucher code, you can get about 32% off. I pre-ordered that way, looking forward to playing alongside you guys.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I m in as well, gonna pre-order it asap. Anyone know if it s coming out retail as well or only digital?
    Last edited by kataras; 16-08-2011 at 01:54 PM.

So, I hope you've all seen this by now. If not, here you go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXHWP...layer_embedded

(Almost 20 mins of beta footage. Best watched in HD. Tank action is at approx 14 mins!)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Kewl! But a bit too much spraying? Really liked it overall.

I have just finished setting up a beta server in anticipation of the DDE-preorder beta release tonight.

It's running on the arma/arps dedicated box in europe with a 100 meg connection, 16 gigs of RAM and all that fancy stuff. For now it's capped at 50 players.It should appear as: RPS Unofficial Heroserver
    For direct connection, use: server.herosquad.org:8000
    There is no password yet, but if we need to add one it will be 'rumpus'.

I'm still testing the configs, so shout at me if you find something acting up.
    Last edited by Nullkigan; 30-08-2011 at 07:29 PM.
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Lesser Hivemind Node
    @Nullkigan: Nice one! Now just have to wait till its released...

Lesser Hivemind Node westyfield's Avatar
    Downloading the beta now, new graphics card in in and running smoothly. Let's do this!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Eh so are we slaughtering each other tonight? I m pre-loading and steam says its unlocking in around 10 hours, which is weird since its already the 13th but nevermind...

Filled in an RSP application, but the details they want are... idiotic.

Seriously, it's not like restricting xp gain to a limited set of server is going to stop people xp whoring or make the game better in ANY shape or form, so why do it?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Hm what kind of details? Dirty kind or the boring kind?
    does that mean there is no progression outside official servers?
    We can always play between us for fun and then one day a week go to an official server and be xp whores and ruin everyone's game...
    Well I have finally some free time this week so it will be either RO2 or Arma2 for me tonight.

Bumping this now that the game is out. Server details in the first post and it'd be cool if you could swing by mumble too (also on server.herosquad.org, can leave the port field blank).

However, it's even buggier than the initial beta release. I get no text in menus and crash after 20-30 minutes.

The Webmin says we're a ranked server, but I've not been able to get enough play time to confirm this either way. Certainly I've had no response e-mail from TWI.

Downloading it now. Looking forward to checking out the server, assuming the game is playable on day one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nullkigan View Post
    However, it's even buggier than the initial beta release. I get no text in menus and crash after 20-30 minutes.
    Thats strange, I've had the opposite. Far more stable than beta and performance is great. Maybe a patch was released between then and now. I heard of a fix on the steam forums for the no text bug, so maybe check there.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Good Perfomance for me too. But I've only been playing SP.

Btw. check your steam/common folder. BETA files are still there and took about 4GB of space for me.

Network Hub
    Rushing home now to install it... see you soon.

Ok. I can't get this game to work. Reinstalled twice now. None of my settings in the options will save at all. They default when I quit and load the game. When I change the video settings for example, it come up saying I need to click "ok" to restart the game and save the settings. So I do, and the game won't restart at all. It just shuts down.

If I change my video settings again, or if I remap my controls these too, do not save and default on start up.

Ignoring that, I can only on the off chance join a server. Whenever I click on multiplayer it locks up and crashes or it takes me to the server list and then locks up and crashes.

Unlike those fools that say "I want a refund", I have full faith in tripwire to fix anything. They've always been good for long term support. Even RO1 was quite buggy on it's initial release.

So hopefully they'll get a patch out that fixes my problems and then I can play with you guys.