Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: RPSOrchestra

Activated Node
    Hmmm, kinda makes it sound like a problem at your end if it affects more than just RO2. I assume you've tried the obvious things like disabling your firewall?

Quote Originally Posted by ShowMeTheMonkey View Post
    I would love to use the Steam server browser.

If it ever worked. It says refreshing, but no servers will ever come up. Not with RO, TF2, CS or anything....

I have the same or a similar problem. It does actually work once, then I can't refresh again for at least 10-15 minutes.

Anyhoo! The way I now connect to servers is by using this site http://www.gametracker.com. Then copy the ip, when you get into RO2 open the console and type 'open' then paste in the ip address. It's still a little bit iffy at times, but mostly connects with no issue. As for the RPS server, the only way I've managed to connect to that is via console. Type 'open server.herosquad.org:8000' and you should connect.

Network Hub
    Anyone actually using that RPS server ever yet?

Network Hub
    I have trouble finding it using the in-game browser; if I use Steam's browser it remembers it as a favorite but I can't then add it as an in-game fave.

Played a fair old bit today, but mostly SP as the in-game browser just can't find the servers most of the time,

Quote Originally Posted by TheRed View Post
    Anyone actually using that RPS server ever yet?
    Not that I've noticed, but I haven't enabled logging or signed it up to gametracker. People keep saying it is down but it has NEVER been down for more than a few seconds since beta (it even autorestarts if it crashes). I'm usually one of the first to update when a patch rolls out, too :(
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Lesser Hivemind Node
    As I said, I cannot find it since Saturday or Friday, am not sure. I noticed Sunday that it didn't show up on my favourites or recently played servers, and also trying to connect through console returned something like a time out... I ll try again tonight and let you know. Maybe the new patch f***ed up my server browser...

Network Hub
    Logged on this afternoon, nobody was there, wandered around for a long time just exploring the maps. Then, somehow, someone else joined the server. I panicked and ran away.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Hmm things seem to have fixed themselves. I can see the server but it s always empty...

I still can't do shit.

Also even direct joining the RPS server it says host timed out.

Network Hub
    Did you try prune juice?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I know BF3 is coming out, but I m gonna try once more: Can we get a game going maybe tomorrow afternoon??????

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    I'm travelling for the weekend but would be in for a try next week(end)(ish).

Network Hub
    I possibly could, depends on a few things but will try to say so on this thread.

I can hop in any time today.

Just a quick reminder that the RO series is 50% reduced today and there's a big patch coming up, including a new map and the release of the SDK with means more maps, mods etc.

The game's well worth the money, rough start or not and TWI are obviously putting their heart in it.

I've been trying to play RO semi regularly, but I'm mostly waiting for everyone to gravitate towards a few good (EU based) and popular servers, too many empty servers or full ones with ridiculous pings now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    The only regularly full EU server I've seen is called "Brothers Realism" or something like that, and I don't really enjoy playing on it. I can't pinpoint which realism setting annoys me, I think it might be the lack of the minimap, but I find it hard to keep track of what's going on and where the rest of my team is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    The only regularly full EU server I've seen is called "Brothers Realism" or something like that, and I don't really enjoy playing on it. I can't pinpoint which realism setting annoys me, I think it might be the lack of the minimap, but I find it hard to keep track of what's going on and where the rest of my team is.
    Yeah I think I've played there a bit, I'm with you on the realism point. I think most servers in the beta used relaxed realism, or something close to that and I found those a lot easier to hop on and off of, but trying to play only a little bit right now to keep fresh is a lot harder on realism.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    I think the problem is the people most of the time and not the server. I be been playing on it on and off and it makes me ragequit!
    Their Countdown server is ok though but not very busy. I followed someone to another server called 'The Old Git army' or something like that, which I enjoy a lot more...

Would there be general interest in an organized session? Let's say either one mid-week evening or weekend around noon?