Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorvikan View Post
    It's a X6 so a hexacore. That setup should run most of those games on mid/high settings, depends on the resolution you want to run them at.
    Wowsers. I'll buy one of those when I can afford it. I'd be playing the games at 1920x1080, probably.
    Last edited by CuervoJoe; 06-08-2011 at 04:49 PM.
    "It's not just a fact, it's cold, hard speculation."

Well you're basically looking at a pretty high end performance PC there, it's not bleeding edge by any means, but I think that will easily play everything on the market now, and there's not quite the hardware race going on now like there used to be.

Edit: In fact, down the road, the best upgrade would be an SSD. The prices are bound to keep falling over the next year or so.

Oh, they are doing free delivery now (until 13th of August). I had added 20 to the prices, which it usually costs.

How long would it be before I had to upgrade that system, would you say? The thing that'll probably need upgrading first, I suspect would be the graphics card, but that should be fine for a year or two.
    "It's not just a fact, it's cold, hard speculation."

Aye, I reckon you'd definitely be fine for a year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewie Procter View Post
    @Chaz,

I'd suggest you take a poke at Dell Outlet too, if you'd like to look at a decent priced prebuild, Dell Outlet has this one:

Studio XPS 7100
    Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64 BIT)
    Processor : AMD Phenom II X6 1045T(2.70GHz,512kx6)
    1 TB SATA Hard Drive (7200 RPM)
    8 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHz (4 DIMMs)
    16X DVD +/- RW Drive
    1024MB ATI Radeon HD 5770 GDDR5 Graphics card

For 461.56
    Yeah that would have been nice. However the link doesn't work and I can't find that particular deal on their website. The only one I can find that comes close is their entry level XPS 8300 which is 550 ex VAT and it comes in just below the build I'd spec'd.

Not that it matters, because I'd already bought everything on that list I posted, but thank you for the effort anyway.

Next month's purchase or the month after will be a new widescreen monitor. A friend on another forum has already recommended one of these: http://www.ebuyer.com/261362-lg-ips2...tor-ips231p-bn. Something about the new IPS panels being better than the TN panels, better viewing angles, contrast, sharpness, colour accuracy, etc. He generally knows what he's talking about, so I'll just have to take his word for it.