Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    That's not remotely what I said.
    Don't worry. I know what you said and I agree with you. The graphics and interfaces of these older games may indeed be quite dated but if their graphics and interfaces were to be upgraded to modern day standards without touching the gameplay at all then I believe you would end up with some truly great games that are leagues apart from what we get nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidorovich View Post
    I'm fed up of playing games that feel 'strange' cos they were designed for a gamepad.
    Well personally I like it. I now actually PREFER if a game also support gamepad, is more relaxing playing games with it (in particular action/FPS games)
    if you like manga, RPG and dating sims, check my indie computer games

Quote Originally Posted by winterwolves View Post
    Well personally I like it. I now actually PREFER if a game also support gamepad, is more relaxing playing games with it (in particular action/FPS games)
    Wait WHAT? Are you high? FPS with a game pad? I know I cerainly don't find it more relaxing when my character cannot do what I want him to do. Analog movement based games maybe but why would inputing a direction when you need a position be preferable?
    Why are you wearing that stupid human suit?

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by winterwolves View Post
    Oh, I prefer if a game also supports gamepads. But it sucks when games are designed around Xbox360 pads. I've run into several games that will function with my Logitech gamepad - sorta. They don't let me reassign buttons in game, but I can nab a configuration text file and a driver from somewhere and dump them in the directory of the game to get it playing ok.

That's a pretty big step backward, considering most games in the early 90s let me choose from a number of supported peripherals and reassign buttons at will.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizardry View Post
    Don't worry. I know what you said and I agree with you. The graphics and interfaces of these older games may indeed be quite dated but if their graphics and interfaces were to be upgraded to modern day standards without touching the gameplay at all then I believe you would end up with some truly great games that are leagues apart from what we get nowadays.
    Games are a reflection of their time and that includes the possibilities of game play. It's not simply a case of updating graphics and UI.
    Last edited by Kadayi; 06-06-2011 at 11:57 PM.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Persons of disinterest: Nalano, deano2099