Hybrid View

Lesser Hivemind Node TillEulenspiegel's Avatar

Fantasy Flight gets Star Wars license

Most notably, they're making a Star Wars card game that sounds quite similar to their Lord of the Rings card game. And we're talking proper Star Wars, none of this prequel or Old Republic nonsense.

There's also an X-Wing tactical miniatures game, and the mention of more stuff to come, including a roleplaying game. Which is nice, because the last Star Wars RPG from WotC went out of print very quickly when they lost the license; Saga Edition is good, but it's now nearly impossible to find the core rulebook for a sane price.

So the original trilogy lives on in tabletop gaming. Better than nothing.

Meh. There are a lot of people I know that love fantasy flight games. I am not amongst them.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Lesser Hivemind Node TillEulenspiegel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    Meh. There are a lot of people I know that love fantasy flight games. I am not amongst them.
    It's hit or miss for me. I hate what they did with Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 3rd edition, but I love the Game of Thrones board game. Rogue Trader is quite nice. They've also managed to not ruin stuff they've inherited, like Arkham Horror.

I like them more than WotC, anyway.

Another coop card game so quickly after LotR? I think I'll pass on that until I feel like the LotR game isn't going anywhere. Right now, the first two expansions prove to be a great start for what might become my one of my favorite card games (with FFGs AGOT LCG being my absolute favorite). Nate Frenchs stuff surely is right up my alley.