Activated Node

Do a Let's Play of my Knytt Stories level and I'll gift you a Steam game!

As the thread title suggests. This is a level that I made when the game first came out. Back in the forums, we had difficulty levels, and this one was considered Lunatic, the highest difficulty.

I always felt like it didn't get the attention it deserved, because I worked really hard on it, so now I have an idea:

Do a let's play video series of you finishing the level from start to end, and you get a steam gift depending on your level of success:

Normal ending: $5 or less
    Hard ending: $10 or less
    Super Secret ending: $15 or less

Note that these awards will apply only to the first person who finishes the level at each difficulty, so there are 3 awards at most.

Here's a screenshot of the game:

And here's the link to the level itself:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2381727/Nayo...l%29.knytt.zip

Game on! (feel free to ask me questions)

Note: To ensure the legitimacy of the run, the videos should either be one continuous run, or you can break at save points.
    Last edited by nayon; 03-08-2011 at 11:40 PM.

I'm not understanding how to install this. Do I have to own the game already, and this is a level for it?

Confused am I.

Activated Node
    The actual game's free. Once you download it, you go to the main menu, there's a button for installing mods, and then you just drag this file onto the game. Pretty simple :)

Though I recommend playing the actual game first since my level is pretty hard and has no tutorial/handholding, it assumes you're familiar with the game mechanics.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    PLUS KNYTT STORIES ROXXX

I'd try this myself, but I don't have video-making capabilities.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Giaddon View Post
    PLUS KNYTT STORIES ROXXX

I'd try this myself, but I don't have video-making capabilities.
    Well nothing's stopping you from playing the level, even if there's no prize :D

Network Hub Peter Radiator Full Pig's Avatar
    The very fact you are offering 30 dollars just so people will play (and talk about) your game means I want to play it. Even if I finished, I wouldnt collect the bounty.

A few questions, I saw very recently that there was a DS version of Knytt, would this level run in it?
    And, if I were to begin playing Knytt for the first time, would I be better off playing some other level first, then moving up to this, or should it be possible, reasoable to coplete this without a good grasp of the mechanics from the get go.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    @ Peter Radiator Full Pig:

Quote Originally Posted by nayon View Post
    Though I recommend playing the actual game first since my level is pretty hard and has no tutorial/handholding, it assumes you're familiar with the game mechanics.
    Get as much Knytt stuff as you can, man. One of my favorite games.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Radiator Full Pig View Post
    The very fact you are offering 30 dollars just so people will play (and talk about) your game means I want to play it. Even if I finished, I wouldnt collect the bounty.

A few questions, I saw very recently that there was a DS version of Knytt, would this level run in it?
    And, if I were to begin playing Knytt for the first time, would I be better off playing some other level first, then moving up to this, or should it be possible, reasoable to coplete this without a good grasp of the mechanics from the get go.
    The DS version isn't a port per se, it's a "faithful recreation" of the game, so I doubt it will.

As for going cold into this level, I seriously don't recommend it. It would be like going into I wanna be the guy without having ever played a platformer. You need a good grasp of the mechanics, how far a jump takes you, how fast you can move, and how the game engine works, stuff like that.

The reason I'm offering so much is that no one has ever gotten the complete ending, and around 3-5 people have actually finished the level, and they were hardcore Knytt players. I will be pleasantly surprised if anyone actually finishes this, it's one of the hardest KS levels of all time.

It's unforgiving, it requires precise timing, and even then there are some random death traps. And at times save points are scarce. So it really is an expert-only level. You can avoid some death traps if you're aware of what the game engine is capable of. But even then it's unfair at times.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    You're not really selling the level bro

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Giaddon View Post
    You're not really selling the level bro
    Well I'm being straight up with everyone. The key to beating it, as others who have beaten it have said, is having good timing and practice.

I wouldn't offer large rewards if it was easy to beat and pleasant :) I love watching "let's play"s of hard games like IWBTG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    SO gonna try this; SO gonna fail :D

Network Hub Peter Radiator Full Pig's Avatar
    Random death and scare save points are artifical difficulty increasers. Just like lives.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Radiator Full Pig View Post
    Random death and scare save points are artifical difficulty increasers. Just like lives.
    I didn't know any better back then, but there's at most 2-3 screens without save points most of the time. It's about going through a series of motions, not just getting through the traps. Some of them wouldn't have had the same thrill if it wasn't for the momentum involved.

anyone getting knytt stories should also give this a shot: http://www.tigsource.com/2007/10/02/...-the-mushroom/

it's probably the funniest/weirdest knytt level you'll find.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by lhzr View Post
    anyone getting knytt stories should also give this a shot: http://www.tigsource.com/2007/10/02/...-the-mushroom/

it's probably the funniest/weirdest knytt level you'll find.
    I second this. It's full of a lot of WTF and it's pretty hilarious.