Terrible news for IE fans, Gibberlings3 is gone

For those who don't know Gibberlings3 is essentially the go to site for Infinity Engine mods. The ones that are now considered mandatory for any fans playing through. Things like BG Tutu and Unfinished Business as well as the tweak packs that fix 15 year old bugs.

Anyone know of any sites that still host them? Because as far as I can tell every other website that mentions the mods just link back to the now deceased gibberlings3.net
    “People will kill you over time, and how they’ll kill you is with tiny, harmless phrases, like “be realistic”
    Dylan Moran

I panicked a bit when i saw this. I don't have any of that stuff backed up, and i go back to the IE games periodically....after a bit of googling though, i found this thread on the baldurs gate: EE site, which seems to imply that things are perhaps not as dire as all that. There's actually an emergency backup mirror here with links to at least some of the files.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Sorceror's Place might have some, if they don't link back to Gibberlings3.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Companies who are continuing to sell these games would be wise to pick up the strain. Is moddb no use?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Activated Node
    Doubt this'll be permanent, they've had a history of going down then coming back up over the years. Certainly hope that's the case anyway.

Might be worth keeping an eye on their Facebook page in the meantime. Fingers crossed it'll all be sorted once the festive season's over.