Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Merry Christmas

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar

Merry Christmas

The title says it all, really. I wish you a very merry Christmas. Unless you don't celebrate it, in which case I hope you have a wonderful day regardless.

I know it technically isn't Christmas yet, but some people do celebrate on the 24th.

Lesser Hivemind Node NecroKnight's Avatar
    Ah, Monty Python's The Meaning of Life, a truly hilarious film.
    Merry Christmas to you too.
    But where did he come from, this fleck of spite in an abandoned paradise?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Pet Peeve:

"I assume you're Christian, unless you're not, but since I have no cultural cues outside of Christianity, I will wish you a happy Holy Day that happens to coincide with mine. Otherwise, don't bother me with the ooga booga shit that you do."
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

I'm atheist but love Christmas. I see it as the one time in the year we consumerists spend our money on others, rather than ourselves. Plus it adds some much needed colour to the dark winter. Christmas festivals go back much further than Christianity.

So a Merry Christmas to you all.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Pet Peeve:

"I assume you're Christian, unless you're not, but since I have no cultural cues outside of Christianity, I will wish you a happy Holy Day that happens to coincide with mine. Otherwise, don't bother me with the ooga booga shit that you do."
    Merry Christmas you grumpy bastard xxx

And Merry Christmas to everyone else too, but especially Nalano because he's such a huggable teddy bear.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Merry Christmas folks!
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

have some fun days off from work!
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Happy Crimbo everyone!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    Happy food, everyone. We can all at least agree on that.

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Pet Peeve:

Happy Holy Day of your choosing, Nalano. Have some Christopher Lee.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Merry Christmas, ya filthy animals :D

Merry Christmas! :D

The yearly buying of a Christmas tree and presents is about as close to religion that I get.

Now to go and sacrifice a boar to the Pagan gods to ensure that the sun will rise tomorow :p

Merry whatever you like folks!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    Yeah, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year too.

We don't have public holiday for Christmas here but my firm's headquarters in Hong Kong has; so in the firm I am currently wokring in, we have too. And they don't just have one day for 25 Dec, they have another day of holiday for the boxing day, too. I am not a Christian but I do hope that Christmas day will become public holiday universally in the near future. Currently, it seems New Year is the only universal public holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    Yeah, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year too.

We don't have public holiday for Christmas here but my firm's headquarters in Hong Kong has; so in the firm I am currently wokring in, we have too. And they don't just have one day for 25 Dec, they have another day of holiday for the boxing day, too. I am not a Christian but I do hope that Christmas day will become public holiday universally in the near future. Currently, it seems New Year is the only universal public holiday.
    Translation: "I will happily convert a billion people to the Faith if it means I get another day off work."
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Translation: "I will happily convert a billion people to the Faith if it means I get another day off work."
    Almost every religion/ culture has a special day at this time of year. It was happening well before Christianity started.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Gunman View Post
    Almost every religion/ culture has a special day at this time of year. It was happening well before Christianity started.
    Except not.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Could we just say that Christmas is just the worlds Thanksgiving and take out the Christ nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Xercies View Post
    Could we just say that Christmas is just the worlds Thanksgiving and take out the Christ nonsense.
    Hey, speaking of Thanksgiving...

Okay, that one made me smile.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Gunman View Post
    Pretty much. Northern Hemisphere at least. Lots of celebrations around the Solstice, or Winter in general (it's dark and cold and everyone getting together and feasting and drinking can help with that). Hanukkah, Diwali, Tazangdung, Yalda, Yule, Soyal, Sol Invictus day, Festival of Anastasia, Malkh, Modraniht, Pancha Ganapati, Saturnalia, Christmas, Beiwa, Brumalia, Chawmos, Deygan, Goru, Inti Raymi, La an Dreolin, Koleda, Kara Chun, Lori, Lenae, Makar Sankranti, Mein Geimridh, Mummer's Day, Ziemassvetki, Sewy Yelda, We Tripantu... and probably a couple more I've forgotten.

Except not.
    Except not what? It is a very, very common thing for cultures and religions to have a special day at this time of year.

I really don't think that is what Squirrel is saying, and it's a bit disingenuous to 'translate' him as saying that. Squirrel said "I am not a Christian but I do hope that Christmas day will become public holiday universally in the near future", rather than "I am secretly a Christian and I do hope that everyone in the world takes Christ into their heart and follows the faith". I think he just wants a Holiday... one that is, perhaps, universally held. You don't have to be Christian to enjoy the Christmas Holiday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.