Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    I want to, at some point this coming year, replay Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. Another goal would be to continue limiting my purchases of online-DRM'd games to sub-€10 only. I managed to do that this year too, with a very select number of exceptions, so I'm quite confident I can keep that up.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Network Hub
    Stop playing games exclusively on Easy. I enjoy them a lot like that, but maybe I'll get more enjoyment out of challenge? Who knows.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    New Years Gaming Resolutions!

Locate and steal a monitor with 4k resolutions!
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnox View Post
    Stop playing games exclusively on Easy. I enjoy them a lot like that, but maybe I'll get more enjoyment out of challenge? Who knows.
    Some games harder difficulties are built for masochists and some games force you to restart to change it.

Just saying.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    I'd love to resolve to complete all the good games I never finished, going back to 1996 or so. I got Dissolution of Eternity for Quake specifically because it had a dragon (which were novel then), but I never ended up seeing it. I finished Cataclysm, but not Homeworld. That kind of thing. Since this probably won't happen, I'll simply try to make the best of the backlog I amassed this year, and my current PC's remaining time under my desk.

I'd really like to finally get System Shock 2 running, and to play Syndicate Wars again, however unlikely that may be. I finished the EuroCorp campaign, but not the Church of the New Epoch.

And to not back another Kickstarter project until I've gotten a finished game out of it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnox View Post
    My default is Normal and say no to " Do you want to change it to easy" prompts after too many deaths.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    It depends what game are you playing,for example FEAR or Crysis on highest difficutly settings are good challenge,then COD is just crapfest.

Indeed, for most games harder just means more cheap, no challenge and more annoyance.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    Indeed, for most games harder just means more cheap, no challenge and more annoyance.
    This. Games where ramping up the difficulty actually produces more "fun" are rare.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Quote Originally Posted by jnx View Post
    This. Games where ramping up the difficulty actually produces more "fun" are rare.
    Super example: Fighting Games. Forget challenge, let's make him just spam a million of annoying attacks instead of designing an actual clever way of fighting.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Stop buying new games.
    I dodged a massive bullet with LEGO LOTR - I wanted to preorder it but I picked it up on Amazon less than a month later for 75% off.
    I need DmC in my veins but I gotta be strong and wait for the summer sales!

I'm not sure if I can do it but I'd like to say no to all the manshoots of 2013. I demand more games about something other than shooting.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

I've promised to severely restrict my purchasing of games. Limiting myself to a maximum of three during the year, and any games brought should be played immediately. (Really aiming for none, offering but have built in the wiggle room to avoid giving up at the first lapse)
    My Blog|Steam|GW2 Main: Chakan Khimar

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Probably to work through a lot of my backlog. I'm not going to punch through a game if it's simply not compelling, but there are quite a few sizable titles I own that really haven't been properly tackled. In terms of 2013 games the only ones that really have my attention are Tomb Raider and Watchdogs, DA3 & GTA V assuming any or all of them come to PC. Which gives me a fair amount of time to finish ACB & play through ACR & ACIII (thanks for the latter Soldant).
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Persons of disinterest: Nalano, deano2099

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    Last year's resolution was to work on my guilt pile and while I haven't made much progress at least it's stopped growing. For next year I'd quite like to play through more old games, not just for nostalgia over old favourites but also to fill in some of the gaps of my gaming youth.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Mine's pretty much the same as everyone else, though I've probably got a good headstart having bought nothing in the last couple of Steam sales.

I'm not going to say I'll buy nothing, (plus I'll hopefully have a few Kickstarted titles to play) but I'm going to limit it to things I know from experience that I'm actually likely to play and either complete or get enough fun out of so mostly shortish adventures, episodic games, roguelikes and puzzle games. I'm not going to buy and medium to long length shooters/third person adventures until I've completed or tied and failed with the ones I currently own.

I'm certainly not going to play every game in my backlog (due to silliness in earlier Steam sales I've got loads of stuff that I'm barely interested in, can't see myself bothering with the likes of Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter (much as I did enjoy the first Ghost Recon) but I've got quite a lot of praised games that I haven't spent enough time with.

However my real resolution this year is to listen to my gut instinct more and not buy games I feel I probably wont like, without playing a demo. I can be talked into buying games by reviews or word of mouth but there's been certain games recently that I know just weren't my thing and tried anyway and unsurprisingly enough didn't really take to (Morrowind, Demon's Souls, Hotline Miami). Sometimes my feeling can be wrong, Crusader Kings II, one of my games of the year, is a case in point but at least that had a reasonably lengthy demo to find out this was the case.

I resolve that if in doubt no demo, no sale. Which, given how out of fashion demos have become might be an issue at times but I think it's a nice rule to not waste money along with not buying things in sales just because they are ridiculously cheap.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Have fun with mods. Mainly complete conversions but also to add some spit and polish to older games using HD textures and the like, now that I have the computer for it. I've plenty games to be getting on with but they'll always be there, whereas things like the Worry of Newport etc will be lost to me eventually as I'll forgot about them and they'll be harder to find. So I'm keen to give them a good outing while they're on my mind.

Complete more games than I buy sounds like a plan, once this year's Christmas sales are over. Also, finishing my own first proper game and not shelve the prototype again.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Activated Node
    Well, I would love to say I will clear out my backlog, but it is so massive I have no idea where to start and I usually just end up playing Dota... :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    My backlog of 'unplayed' games is over 80 - games I feel I've not really gotten my money's-worth from is over 100.

OK, a stack of those are bundle games I care not 1 jot about - but clearing those to teens would rock ;)

That said - I once committed to reading 30 books in a year and that didn't work out as I'd hoped (I read about 62 and was so sick I stopped reading for months!) :)