Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prester John View Post
    We can put you in as first reserve?
    Works for me, cheers!
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

I'll go with Mictlan--unless trying them out in SP makes me really dislike them or something.

I'd vote for using the balance mod, mostly for the same reason that Sarigs voted against: I don't want it to become about who finds the better guide to follow. I don't know just how unbalanced vanilla is though and am happy to play with or without.

Prester: Just a nit, but could you put the current rules and country choices in the first post instead? Makes it easier to find.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Jockie View Post
    Works for me, cheers!

Hey Jocks,

I'm happy to step aside for you mate, know you've not played a game before and I've been in a couple already so take my place if you like :-)

And Jolima it's a fair point, but I was refering to the wiki, i.e. actually knowing what a spell does before you blow your entire gem store on a summons or magic item (a lot of the ingame descriptions are ambiguous as to what effect a item or spell will actually have) plus if someone is entirely hell bent on finding a guide and following it to the letter in the hope of taking advantage of others they're still out there for CBM it just involves a slightly different google search so you've got the same issues + added confusion for new players who just want to find out what something actually does.
    Last edited by Sarigs; 31-12-2012 at 10:15 AM.
    Steam: Sarigs Origin: Sarisan
    Waraura

Jockie, looks like you're in, thanks Sarig.

CBM is available here v1.94:

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=49126
    or
    http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/...?showtopic=998

Unzip and place in here if you've got the Desura version:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Desura\Common\dominions-3-the-awakening\mods

Activate through the options settings

take a look. I'm pretty easy which ruleset we play with a slight preference for vanilla for this first game

If everyone can get their nation + ruleset preferences in i can get a map sorted. I'm looking at 14 provinces per player random map with all the settings left as default.

Diplomacy
    I'd suggest that all diplomacy be done either in game or in this thread. Pacts are binding if publically declared. thoughts?
    Last edited by Prester John; 31-12-2012 at 12:33 PM.

My nation preferences, in order, are: Sauromatia, C'tis, Caelum.

If someone newer to the game wants one I'll move over to the next, as I kind of like them all.
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Diplomacy
    I'd suggest that all diplomacy be done either in game or in this thread. Pacts are binding if publically declared. thoughts?
    I guess that means potentially a joint victory? Can you declare who should be considered first, second etc in an eventual victory when you make a pact to allow a more powerful player to join up with a weaker one on unequal terms?

I like the idea of having to chose between private diplomacy with a delay or immediate public discussions.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarigs View Post
    Hey Jocks,

I'm happy to step aside for you mate, know you've not played a game before and I've been in a couple already so take my place if you like :-)

And Jolima it's a fair point, but I was refering to the wiki, i.e. actually knowing what a spell does before you blow your entire gem store on a summons or magic item (a lot of the ingame descriptions are ambiguous as to what effect a item or spell will actually have) plus if someone is entirely hell bent on finding a guide and following it to the letter in the hope of taking advantage of others they're still out there for CBM it just involves a slightly different google search so you've got the same issues + added confusion for new players who just want to find out what something actually does.
    Damnit man, you're too kind (thanks!) I shall name my pretender in your honour.

I'll go with Arco, no real preference whether we go Vanilla or CBM, I will leave it in the capable hands of others.
    Last edited by Jockie; 31-12-2012 at 01:23 PM.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Jolima View Post
    I guess that means potentially a joint victory? Can you declare who should be considered first, second etc in an eventual victory when you make a pact to allow a more powerful player to join up with a weaker one on unequal terms?

I like the idea of having to chose between private diplomacy with a delay or immediate public discussions.
    Yes, i think so, all terms are agreed and public and binding or private and totally non binding and don't count for victory. I would suggest that pacts not time limited in the intial agreement are breakable with say 2 turns notice (ie notice, turn, turn, pact over) to allow for shifting alliances.

I'd suggest some words have specific meanings so
    pact = agreement not to attack each other
    alliance = agreement to "help" and joint victory if game ends whilst still ongoing (first second etc postioning may be agreed)
    turns = how many turns agreement is valid for

but pretty much open as to what else goes.

Graphs will be on so we can all gang up on the leader.

I'll go with C'tis, if possible.

Can anyone tell me how i get an image file from random maps? I get .map and .rgb files -premade maps have .map and .tga files.

To upload a map to Llamaserver i need an image file which neither the .map or .rgb file seems to fill. As an alternative we could use the Plain of Rusty Nails" Map with 9 fixed starts:

planeofrustynails[1].jpg

http://www.llamaserver.net/mapModBrowser.cgi
    Last edited by Prester John; 31-12-2012 at 04:30 PM.

Activated Node
    I'd say go ahead and start a game on nails or glory of gods mp maybe. Only change from default settings would be 15 hall of fame slots?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Jockie View Post
    Damnit man, you're too kind (thanks!) I shall name my pretender in your honour.
    Awesome, have a word with him and make sure he Mans Up, you know it's the only valid way for a Sarigs to roll!
    Steam: Sarigs Origin: Sarisan
    Waraura

Ok game started on Llamaserver. Using the CBM 1.94 mod as we seem to have a majoritory for that. First post updated with details.First post formatting all to hell, not sure what happened but something to do with links i tried to insert something to do with IE.
    Last edited by Prester John; 01-01-2013 at 01:28 PM.

Please send in your pretenders. They can be updated any time til game starts. Remember to use the CBM mod.
    Last edited by Prester John; 01-01-2013 at 01:10 PM.

[double-edit] Actually, I do have a problem. I've installed the mod (CB1.94.dm, CB1.94 forging reference.pdf and CBM_Sprites/ are placed inside $HOME/Games/desura/domions-3-the-awakening/mods/), but it doesn't appear in the Mod preferences. Anyone know what could cause it?

[Edit again] So, it seems the .dm-file says it requires Dom3 to be of 3.27-version, but Desura's version of game is 3.28. Could this be the cause of mod not appearing?
    Last edited by Kaira-; 01-01-2013 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira- View Post
    [double-edit] Actually, I do have a problem. I've installed the mod (CB1.94.dm, CB1.94 forging reference.pdf and CBM_Sprites/ are placed inside $HOME/Games/desura/domions-3-the-awakening/mods/), but it doesn't appear in the Mod preferences. Anyone know what could cause it?

[Edit again] So, it seems the .dm-file says it requires Dom3 to be of 3.27-version, but Desura's version of game is 3.28. Could this be the cause of mod not appearing?
    I have the desura 3.28 version and the CBM 1.94 installed and it works fine. Mod is activated from preferences (mod prefences). I downloaded CBM via the shrapnel site.

edit - not sure if its important - my file path is ...... /desura/common/dom.....
    Last edited by Prester John; 01-01-2013 at 02:27 PM.

I have the desura 3.28 version and the CBM 1.94 installed and it works fine. Mod is activated from preferences (mod prefences). I downloaded CBM via the shrapnel site
    I did the same, but it doesn't appear in the preferences. I'll try fiddling, if it doesn't work I'll be returning home tomorrow and I'll try it out on my Windows-computer.

[E]

Guess who has two thumbs didn't notice dominions3-folder with mods/ in his $HOME? That's right.
    Last edited by Kaira-; 01-01-2013 at 02:51 PM.

Activated Node
    Hey Prester,

Thanks for getting the game set up, have been working on a pretender just now. I was looking at the game and thought maybe we are using an outdated version of the nails map?

We are using 9 fixed land starts -

143 land + 12 sea.
    No fixed starts.

Plain of Rusty Nails- 9 land starts, may not be balanced- first attempt
    It seems there were some problems with missing connections between provinces in the first edition:

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=45271&highlight=rusty+nails

There is another one, called 9 Fixed Land Starts with filled in description, thinking maybes thats the one we need?

143 land + 12 sea.
    Fixed start positions: 9 land starts and 0 sea starts.
    Note that sea nations can still play on this map, they just won't have fixed start positions.
    Download link

Nine fixed land start locations, each at least 4 provinces from other capitols and with at least 4 neighboring provinces.
    Also there is a 1.4 Version, but only for 10 players I think

You only have to worry about minimum player counts (and, I suppose, the total number of provinces).

Submitted a Sauro pretender.
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Activated Node
    Put in mine for Helhiem. Pity theres no quick way to play this game. Be a good day to play.