Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Turns out, lets roll!

Because it's been a week since I did it I have no idea if I sent out any messages last turn. I'm guessing so, otherwise I would have missed a turn but I seem to have conquered a province this turn.

Next time we have an emergency rollback can we have it resolved on a faster timescale?
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Quote Originally Posted by riadsala View Post
    Ok. What about say, north-east, round the coast of that loch?
    As an American I have no idea what a loch is (its like a lake but could also touch the sea??), but the borders I had suggested were no further north than where those elephants are now (though the one you took a turn or two ago above the elephants was a freebie).

Hey all, jus letting you know that i got the ㅡmap problem fixed and am now playing (Zak's no longer proxying for me). Thanks for not attacking me ㅎㅎ

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by lasikbear View Post
    As an American I have no idea what a loch is (its like a lake but could also touch the sea??), but the borders I had suggested were no further north than where those elephants are now (though the one you took a turn or two ago above the elephants was a freebie).
    A loch is the Scottish word for lake. We have a lot of sea lochs in Scotland.

Anyway, I think it's unfair to call the most northerly cilvilsied region in the world a "freebie"... the elephants took it a whole month before had established friendly diplomatic relations. By natural law, (along wth elephantine law) it belongs to the birds.

At a later date, I may want to use it to expand east. But we can talk about that when the time comes.

Does anybody know if building a castle on a swamp is a bad idea? I'm guess it is?

Does anybody know if building a castle on a swamp is a bad idea? I'm guess it is?
    You're Caelum? I think you guys build swamp forts. i don t have any experience but i think it's advantageous in the sense that you get a mage factory that doesn't cost as much and can be put up comparatively quickly. They're also easier to defend while being stormed. However they have terrible administration so low income/resources.

Well met lasikbear. I have no designs on your territory and hope you can provide a similar reassurance !

I sent you a message ingame saying more or less the same thing, but much less coherently.

Turns out...

Hi GSU!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Hello,

so how is everybody doing? And, would it be a good idea to try and keep a semi-up-to-date list of (public) agreements? I'd hate to run afoul of the diplomatic rules by getting confused over something.

Currently, there is friendly peace between lasikbear of Kailasa and Riadsala of the Caelum.

Would anybody like to trade? I could perhaps offer owl quills?

Just meeting the neighbours so far. I guess the first wars a but a few turns away as we eat up the remainder of the Indy provinces.....

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Hey Prestor, I forget which nation you are, but, do you have any great toys you could offer me in return for an owl quill?

Activated Node
    Opps! Bit of a miscommunication there last turn. Sorry Arco! Hope we can sort it out. I submitted a turn for Lanka just now as it was about to host and I thought it best to get one in rather than stagnate/ask for rollback. Hope thats ok with you GSU? I took the liberty of invading 3 of your neighbours to make things interesting.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zakalwe View Post
    Opps! Bit of a miscommunication there last turn. Sorry Arco! Hope we can sort it out. I submitted a turn for Lanka just now as it was about to host and I thought it best to get one in rather than stagnate/ask for rollback. Hope thats ok with you GSU? I took the liberty of invading 3 of your neighbours to make things interesting.
    It's fine, sending passive-aggressive diplomatic messages is one of my favourite parts of the game!
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Hey Prestor, I forget which nation you are, but, do you have any great toys you could offer me in return for an owl quill?
    The mighty T'ien Chi.. what are you interested in? I'd accept 3 for the second dwarven hammer i make. I'm a few turns off making the first even.. but its an offer

Quote Originally Posted by Prester John View Post
    The mighty T'ien Chi.. what are you interested in? I'd accept 3 for the second dwarven hammer i make. I'm a few turns off making the first even.. but its an offer
    As I found out earlier in the thread, there's no such thing as a second dwarven hammer in this mod, since it's been turned into a unique artifact requiring construction 8. This page is really good for those kind of things: http://dom3-mod-inspector.googlecode...?mod=CB1.94.dm

Activated Node
    Looks like Arco is gonna miss the turn...Might make it at the 11th hour though. I submitted last turn with about 30 secs to spare so who knows...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zakalwe View Post
    Looks like Arco is gonna miss the turn...Might make it at the 11th hour though. I submitted last turn with about 30 secs to spare so who knows...
    Balls, yes I missed it.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Sorry all, the net was down in my flat for a while.
    OK @c'tis and kailas- no problem ㅎㅎ
    and by the way whose great idea was it to bump dousing rods up to unique? makes being a blood nation super problematic.

It's partially cause they make a non-blood nation boostrapping into blood much easier. Empower a commander into blood, start searching slightly better, get a rod, repeat times two (I think that's the blood math, 6 levels total per province, 2-2-2 or 3-3). I certainly would be doing that if it was possible, but Kailasa also gets access to Lanka's blood summons so I have more reason than most.

Also I think some people just don't like blood/think its too strong and this at least aims to keep it in line with other schools seeing as hammer and gemgens got the same treatment.

Edit: This is mostly speculative