Windows 8 and Planetside Crash aaaaaa help

Hey guys, I just got a new souped up pc and it came with windows 8. Planetside was working a charm before. Now it randomly doesn't launch. Sometimes it works fine and when it does it doesnt crash - other times it just goes to black screen after launchpad and then i get the planetside2.exe has stopped working.

Any ideas?

Activated Node
    Reinstall windows 7 best bet will be to go onto the ps2 forums look there, and use the live chat help on soe support section

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Unplug your 360 controller and it will start. Apart from that I'm running it okay on Windows 8, but it crashes when I alt tab if I use D3Doverrider with it.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    Unplug your 360 controller and it will start. Apart from that I'm running it okay on Windows 8, but it crashes when I alt tab if I use D3Doverrider with it.
    I upgraded to Windows 8 and an SSD and now I crash whenever I alt-tab. Had zero issues before, guessing it's the former that's causing it then (wasn't sure before). Bit annoying, at least I haven't gotten any in game crashes recently.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Hmmm I ran it just fine some days ago with no problems.

Be sure to update your drivers and have a look at http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/PlanetSide_2 for some solutions.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    You guys are running Windows 8... why, exactly? It looks like a cross between cholera and smallpox, with just a sprinkle of bubonic plague. Or have I missed something awesome about it?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    You guys are running Windows 8... why, exactly? It looks like a cross between cholera and smallpox, with just a sprinkle of bubonic plague. Or have I missed something awesome about it?
    Slightly better resource use, way better disk management, and various other under the hood improvements. And, according at least to testing by Cakewalk, significant increases in performance for those using Windows as DAW (digital audio workstation). Just get a third party start menu, use a local instead of a cloud account, and you never have to know that Metro is there.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Alright, that does sound nice.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    And don't forget 10 second boot time!
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Yeah, it's significantly more snappy. Metro is a huge fail though.

I have had a good experience with it after treating the metro ui like my start menu, most of my swag is done through the desktop though. Old habits.

Well the problem is that switching between Metro and the desktop is a huge hassle. I would love to run full screen chrome and then just instaswitch to desktop, but it just doesnt work. I also can't understand why metro apps and regular programs are seperate things. It makes no sense.