Results 21 to 40 of 165
04-01-2013, 01:58 PM #21
04-01-2013, 07:18 PM #22
- Join Date
- Jan 2013
First time in RPS league. Looking forward to it!
04-01-2013, 08:38 PM #23
04-01-2013, 08:55 PM #24
04-01-2013, 09:11 PM #25
05-01-2013, 11:58 AM #26
Season 16 Go Go Go
Here are the tables for Season 16. It's your responsibility to issue two challenges for each time you're listed as Player 1 in this list, and the game mode is Dark Charge again (it would have been Upload but we still have some gaps in the "do you have Red?" column. Maybe next month). Instructions on how to start your games will follow in the next post.
Game rules and league procedures
1) Each game must conform to the following settings:
Mode: Dark Charge
Turn limit: 7 turns
Turn duration: 5 seconds per turn (i.e. 5000 milliseconds)
Visibility: vis at time zero
Team strength: four men per player (it's possible to have fairly unbalanced teams in this mode - please don't be a dick)
Mutators: at the challengers discretion
Any game that does not conform to these rules will be void and must be replayed. A new map must be generated for each opponent. Please see the next post if you're not sure how to create a game with the correct settings, and post in this thread if you are in any doubt.
2) After creating each game on server UK1, the challenger must announce the challenge in this thread. Format: "Player1 has challenged Player2 in game_#1 and game_#2". (It would help if game_#1 was the game where you are Player 1, but I can probably figure it out.)
Example: "ColOfNature has challenged Xune in 123456 and 123459".
3) After each game has been completed, Player 1 must report the result in this thread. Standard format: "Winner has defeated Opponent in game game_# with a score of X".
Example: "Xune has defeated ColOfNature in game 123456 with a score of 150".
In the event of a draw, the format is "Player1 and Player2 have drawn in game game_#"
Example: "ColOfNature and Xune have drawn in game 123456"
I will update the spreadsheet with the result of each game. Scores will be as normal: 3 pts for a win, 1 for a draw.
4) Challengers may start issuing their challenges from today (Saturday 05 January). All games must be completed by the end of Sunday 20 January.
5) We're all reasonable people, when pressed, so some flexibility will be applied. If you're going to be on holiday, or travelling to distant worlds, or otherwise restricted in your availability, please post in this thread and we will try to accommodate you as far as is reasonably practical.
6) Try to start your games in the first week and finish them early. Players leaving it to the last minute to issue a challenge or submit orders risk forfeiting the game. If any game is unfinished by the deadline I will declare both parties personae-non-grata and award your points to whoever strikes me as most deserving, by whatever criteria I consider appropriate at the time.
7) Any circumstances not catered for in these rules will be handled according to some combination of common sense, consensus, iron-fisted authoritarianism and whim. Mostly the latter.
Finally, a polite reminder that although PMing your email address to me is optional, it will make organisation easier so please consider doing so if you haven't already.
The divisions and rules for season 17 will be arranged some time after the close of season 16.
Also, if I've missed anything important or anything isn't clear then post below, PM me or email me either at ColOfNature or RockPaperSynapse on gmail to let me know.
ps - I haven't forgotten about the teams idea, but I haven't added the details for it to the tables yet. I'll do that later today when I have time. So far the teams are like this, anyone not on that list can either let us know where they're from or be assigned to Team Rest-Of-The-World.
05-01-2013, 12:00 PM #27
How to issue a challenge
1) Log in to server UK1.
2) Click the 'Online' button at the top of the screen
3) Click 'Create a game'
4) Click the 'Advanced setup' button
5) Click the 'Generate Charge' button
6) If you get a silly map, or if you don't have four men per side, or if you've got something ridiculous like 4 snipers against 4 grenades, repeat the previous step until you're happy.
7) Click 'Save level' then enter a meaningful name (I'd suggest your opponent's name) and click 'Okay'. (If you forget this step it's possible to recover the map so just ask if you have any trouble and someone will be able to help.)
8) Click the 'Continue' button
9) Ensure that the 'Game mode' is set to 'Charge'
10) Ensure that the 'Vis mode' is set to 'Vis at time zero'
11) Ensure that the 'Turn limit' is set to 7 and the 'Turn length' to 5000.
12) Activate Mutators, if you like (although you'll only be able to do this if you own the Red DLC)
13) Enter your opponent's username (and select "I play side 1" immediately below if this is the first challenge to this opponent)
14) Enter 'RPS League' or something suitable so that your opponent knows it's for this league
15) Click the 'Submit' button
16) Take your first turn and note the challenge in this thread, using the format in the post directly above this one
Then, to start the mirror game, repeat steps 1 thru' 5, then:
17) Click 'Load level' and enter the name of the map from step 7
18) Click the 'Continue' button
19) Change 'I play side 1' to 'I play side 2'
20) Go to step 9 above - don't forget to make the Mutators the same, it's easy to overlook
If anything goes wrong, don't worry! Just issue the correct challenges and let your opponent know which is the correct game so they can ignore the faulty ones (which will eventually be deleted from your list if no-one takes a turn, and can be hidden until this happens).
05-01-2013, 03:47 PM #28
My challenges, all with Double Kill enabled:
BigBobr99, kindly ignore 650566 as it defaulted to Dark Extermination somehow - unless you'd like to play it for shits and giggles.
05-01-2013, 07:02 PM #29
- Join Date
- Jan 2013
Satek has challenged TomxJ in 650711 and 650718.
05-01-2013, 07:10 PM #30
05-01-2013, 07:11 PM #31
05-01-2013, 07:14 PM #32
And as usual I ask (pretty please) people to use identical teams in matches against me.
05-01-2013, 07:23 PM #33
"All games must be completed by the end of Sunday December."
What?! This is going to be one long season XD
05-01-2013, 07:27 PM #34
05-01-2013, 08:54 PM #35
Rond has challenged following players:
Player Game ID SergBeaver 650830 SergBeaver 650833 Gtsbaby 650836 Gtsbaby 650839One day my log will have something to say about this.
05-01-2013, 10:33 PM #36
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
I have challeged Henke in Games: 650913;650920
@Henke and ColofNature, I messed up on the mode creating the second game, so don't play game 650918.
05-01-2013, 10:40 PM #37
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
I have challeged Majic in Games: 650923;650929
05-01-2013, 11:21 PM #38
scozzers has challenged ColOfNature in games 650944 and 650958. Double kill enabled.
scozzers has challenged Gotem in games 650956 and 650957. Double kill enabled.
(ColOfNature, please ignore 650945 and 650947, **45 came out as a hybrid of charge and extermination and in **47 I forgot to enable double kill.)
If either of you have a problem with map or balance, please say. I just chose the first generated with 4 units that looked relatively fair (and that took long enough).
Haven't bid in any of them yet. Will do that in a bit.
06-01-2013, 05:32 AM #39
- Join Date
- Sep 2011
06-01-2013, 06:43 AM #40
Gotem challenged bonuswavepilot in games 651147 and 651150 with double kill
Gotem challenged Hammers in games 651152 and 651153