Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiant View Post
    Hi!
    Can we set these games up on Texas 1?
    Thanks
    Any particular reason? It's easier all round if we keep all the games on the same server, and UK 1 is the default.

Here is an updated team list, to save some time for ColOfNature

team Europe (Maetco, Henke(both from Finland) and DeVadder),
    team Russia (Bigbobr99, SergBeaver,Rond),
    team Australia (bonuswavepilot, rodeoclown),
    team UK (ColOfNature, gtsbaby, Hammers, scozzers,TomxJ) and
    team North America (Gotem and cimethink).

Wow, guys. Have you seen the people in division 4? Their ranks are: Majic (9), Satik (24), Henke (164). And a not-yet-ranked TomXJ. It makes our division 1 look bad :) I wish you luck TomXJ, you'll be playing against the world's elite.

I'm excited for a great amount of people signing up for this one! Good luck to all of you, gents!

Hmm. I didn't notice that, I just added people in the order they signed up if they weren't in last season. It seemed the fairest (and, crucially, easiest) way, but I guess it didn't give the most balanced divisions. I might add some weighting by global rank when people sign up. Thanks for pointing that out.

Oh, and TomXJ: think of it as a trial by fire!

Challenges:
    Satek 651429, 651435 (ignore 651431, messed up and made it Extermination)
    Majic 651425, 651440

Quote Originally Posted by BigBobr99 View Post
    If only Maetco would sign up for this one. You two could form team Finland. The plans are to do a team challenge this season.
    Would that be played in co-op? Haven't tried that mode yet but I guess it could be cool. :)
    Last edited by Henke; 06-01-2013 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ColOfNature View Post
    Hmm. I didn't notice that, I just added people in the order they signed up if they weren't in last season. It seemed the fairest (and, crucially, easiest) way, but I guess it didn't give the most balanced divisions. I might add some weighting by global rank when people sign up. Thanks for pointing that out.
    Well, to be honest, this kind of setup makes sense. If you are new to the league, you have to fight your way to the top, starting at the rock bottom. Good players will end up in top division sooner or later.

We have to respect the veterans of rps synapse league, anyways :) Our places in 1,2, and 3 divisions are hard earned and all the newcomers will have to snatch them from our dead-cold fingers :)

The idea of people relegating and gaining promotions to upper divisions based on their performance would be really cool to implement on a permanent basis (i think it's being done by ColOfNature after some, if not all seasons). we have a permanent roster now, anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Henke View Post

Would that be played in co-op? Haven't tried that mode yet but I guess it could be cool. :)
    Not really. We are just talking about a separate table with results of all players from a certain nation. So we can have an individual champion in every league and a champion team.

Activated Node
    Any particular reason? It's easier all round if we keep all the games on the same server, and UK 1 is the default.
    Yep. I'm currently top 10 in the global leagues on UK1.
    It's a fair rating. I've got nearly 700 hours played to get there I don't really want to mess it up playing fun comps.

Although I'm pretty rusty I hope you understand.
    Last edited by Radiant; 06-01-2013 at 05:27 PM.

Are the rankings different on different servers? TIL. Anyway, I don't think you're going to mess it up playing any of us, and I'd rather keep us all on one server. If it's that important then in future seasons we could use a less populous server. I'm not sure how playing in a competition is any different to playing normal games though.

Activated Node
    Lol it's a long story.

Essentially there's a false score weighting given to gametypes to encourage people to play some of the weirder ones.

I only ever played Dark Elimination.
    Due to the way that is scored and the amount of games I have played I can't play anymore without losing points.

To gain points I have to clean sweep every game, I can't lose a man and I can't play anyone lower ranked than me.

Charge games on the other hand you can play far less games and very quickly gain points [everyone else in the top ten almost exclusively plays charge]

I only play dark elimination. Man's game.

I figured this was happening when I went from no2 or 3 in the world to 8-9 in the space of a few [winning] games.

It's actually quite heart breaking as I bloody love playing this game and I had to stop.

Here's a thread about it.
    http://forums.mode7games.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4321

Activated Node
    tl:dr version
    I just want to have some fun and be real fancy.
    Let me please?

Wait, what? You might gain extra internet points by playing modes other than Extermination, which other people are doing anyway - people who may not even be active players - and you object to this? So much so, in fact, that you voluntarily limit the fun you can have in the game? Competitive people baffle me.

Fine, though. If your opponents are willing to rechallenge you on another server then go right ahead. Let me know what server you end up on so I can find the game to upload it.

Network Hub
    Oh, and TomXJ: think of it as a trial by fire!
    ha!... my first game was a massacre.

Things can only get better eh?

Tom j

Activated Node
    Wait, what? You might gain extra internet points by playing modes other than Extermination, which other people are doing anyway - people who may not even be active players - and you object to this? So much so, in fact, that you voluntarily limit the fun you can have in the game? Competitive people baffle me.

Fine, though. If your opponents are willing to rechallenge you on another server then go right ahead. Let me know what server you end up on so I can find the game to upload it.
    I stopped for a bunch of other reasons too; it was stressful and also dude... SEVEN HUNDRED HOURS.
    I can't even count to 21 without taking off my shoes and underwear.

There's a mental image I didn't need.

I wasn't belittling your achievement - you're obviously way more dedicated to the game than I could ever be. If you're not playing competitively any more then you're welcome to join us for sits shits and giggles. I don't want to move the whole kit and caboodle to a different server, but if you ask nicely I'm sure your opponents will humour you.

There's always one awkward bugger... :-)

BigBobr99 has challenged Maetco (identical teams) in games 651821 and 651822
    BigBobr99 has challenged DeVadder in games 651823 and 651824

RADIANT YOU DIVA I'M NOT CHANGING A THING! :U

You're simply going to have to play me and win. :)

(also have you tried creating a second FS account? Maybe that could work.)
    Last edited by Henke; 07-01-2013 at 11:09 AM. Reason: toned it down

Aha! Somehow I entirely missed the new season starting. Glad you set up that permanent roster last season! I'll get my games started at some point today. Looking forward to this as I haven't played charge for quite a while but it's one of my faves.

Good to see the player numbers doing good, both in this league and on FS in general.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBobr99 View Post
    Well, to be honest, this kind of setup makes sense. If you are new to the league, you have to fight your way to the top, starting at the rock bottom. Good players will end up in top division sooner or later.
    My thoughts exactly.

Maetco has challenged:

DeVadder in 652007 and in 652010
    rodeoclown in 652012 and in 652015