Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Off-topic is good. The less we talk about FS the less i have to remember how badly i got destroyed this season. Guess it is time to say farewell to division 1. Was a good time o/.

Network Hub
    Knowing how I've gone this season, I'd say it's going to be interesting to see who goes back to div 2!
    Find me on Steam
    By day I work making the world's best budgeting software. Check it out!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBobr99 View Post
    P.S. Have you seen Datsyuk's shoot-out magic at our KHL 2013 all-star game?
    I have now. I don't think I'd like to be on the ice with the guy wearing a different jersey. Everything he does he makes looks so easy whereas everything I do I make look so hard.

Don't think it has been reported yet, but I have victories against DeVadder:

653483 126 pts.
    653482 106 pts.
    Last edited by Fumarole; 19-01-2013 at 05:37 PM.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Activated Node
    Satek and my game from earlier may go into the 20th.
    Having a lot of fun.
    Forgot how tense the game is.

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    I have now. I don't think I'd like to be on the ice with the guy wearing a different jersey. Everything he does he makes looks so easy whereas everything I do I make look so hard.
    So, you actually play hockey? I play in our local amateur league, actually we got beaten 1:0 today and lost our playoff chances with 2 more games to go :)

As for Datsyuk, it's hard to believe he was picked in the 7th round of NHL draft a long time ago.

Speaking of hockey, my nephew VitBeaver is gone playing hockey with his junior team in another city. If he heasn't finished any of his games, bear with him, he'll be back tonight and take his turns.

Scozzers has defeated bonuswavepilot in games 655209 and 655210 with scores of 131 and 101 respectively.

GGs.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBobr99 View Post
    So, you actually play hockey? I play in our local amateur league, actually we got beaten 1:0 today and lost our playoff chances with 2 more games to go :)
    I do, yes. Well, not recently since I hurt my back a few years ago, but I'm getting back into it in a few weeks in the local old guy league.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Heya, sorry to nitpick a bit here but are the tables fully updated? I ask because 2 of my games were supposed to be against ColOfNature, who was unable to play. I see the list reflects his 8 forfeits as losses. Don't those forfeits count as wins for the opposing player?

Cheers.

Activated Node
    I'm sure they'll be updated.
    ColofNature's four wives found out about his other four wives so he's going through some things at the moment: ring of fire, the pain threshold, season 5 of the west wing... that sort of thing.

He'll get round to it as soon as his ex stasi contact comes through with that fake id and mustache.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    I must say, the life you've conjured for me sounds far more interesting than the real thing. Polygamist and international man of mystery might be fun.

Scozzers: as far as I know I've got the table up to date. Looks like you've won one and lost one against both Gotem and Hammers, and won the two against me by default (I put forfeits down as 1 point wins - it seemed reasonable that way). Your games against bonuswavepilot are still to be recorded. I need to get the correct scores for your games against Hammers, but I'll grab them when I get a minute.

It looks like it's too early to call the winners in any of the divisions so we'll just carry on for a couple more days. I've added the geographic teams table as requested by BigBobr. Team North America are ruling the roost (cue cries of "USA! USA!"), while Team UK are languishing at the bottom, due to my sabotaging of the scores (Tom J can hardly be held to blame - in fact I hope the slight mismatch in experience levels in division 4 hasn't scared him off for good)! If anyone down as "Undisclosed" wants to be included in a team just let me know.
    ...common and uninteresting.
    | Steam | Desura | Twitter |

Does the geographic team points per match average take into consideration that if two players of the same team play against one another? I mean there will always be 2 matches but only one can win.

I have understood that the season will end this sunday. Am I wrong and I should really pick up the pace?

To Radiant:

Has anyone ever told you that you're funny? I mean that season 5 of west wing just cracked me up.

Activated Node
    [QUOTE=BigBobr99;247301]Well, I think you meant to say: "We'll have YOUR players back in our league" :) I hope they all do well in NHL this short season, although I don't follow it as much. My city team plays in KHL and the playoffs are near, all my attention is focused on it.

P.S. Have you seen Datsyuk's shoot-out magic at our KHL 2013 all-star game?
    Hi uncle! I haven't :-)
    About this season:
    I'll say only 4 words: i realy hate charge!!!

I have lost match 654323 to Cherry whit score:126.
    To Cherry: my name is Vitalik. Serg is fathers name(he hate that game, but he was first to try it before me).

Sorry for the late results but here are my last 2 games:
    Hammers defeated bonuswavepilot in game 655211 with score 94
    bonuswavepilot defeated Hammers in game 655207 with score 88

Good games everyone. Overall I'm fairly pleased with how this season went considering I moved up some divisions since last season, and a win/loss against everyone means I must be fairly well matched. I definately made some terrible moves in all my games though so there is certainly room for improvement.

GGs all! I really got pwned this season... First time I'd played charge - still not quite grokked the emphasis on taking ground...

See y'all next round!

About the team table. We should really add the "points per game" for each team. That should be used to determine which team is better.

Say now 3 teams are tied for 1st total points place with 33 points earned each. Team USA have played 14 matches, Russia 20 and Undisclosed 17. So USA earned 2,3 points per game, Russia only 1,65, Undisclosed 1,94.

With uneven teams that's the only criteria that we can use to determine the winner. Team Europe has 21 points but have played only 14 matches which will give them a 1,61 points per game average placing them just behind team Russia. Team UK has 0,8 points per game, team Australia 0,9.

1. USA 2,3 points-per-game played
    2. Undisclosed 1,94
    3. Russia 1,65
    4. Europe 1,61
    5. Australia 0,9
    6. UK 0,8

Quote Originally Posted by Maetco View Post

I have understood that the season will end this sunday. Am I wrong and I should really pick up the pace?
    It officially ended yesterday, on the 20th :)

How it is now is that it assumes that everyone will play all the matches and any matches that haven't been played (sorry guys) are considered to be forfeited which really is ok imo. But what isn't ok is when some idiot (I really am sorry guys) thinks that the tournament ends 27th when it actually ended 20th. Also it should not count the matches where both players are from the same team because the average points per player or match will automatically go down for that team.

I really don't know what happened. I just started to wonder why everyone seemed to be ready so early. That's actually why I asked when the season ends. Well season 17 won't be this easy to win cimethink (or perhaps it will). Anyway I'll finish the matches started during this week and the week after that but don't worry if you (DeVadder, rodeoclown, cimethink) can't commit your turns reqularly, I'm not in a hurry no that the season already ended.

Congrats to Henke, Gotem, Rond and cimethink!
    Last edited by Maetco; 21-01-2013 at 04:09 PM.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by ColOfNature View Post
    (Tom J can hardly be held to blame - in fact I hope the slight mismatch in experience levels in division 4 hasn't scared him off for good)
    Not at all, i really enjoyed it! Sorry to anyone who is upset by my appalling lack of skill though.
    Next Season i hope to kill more than 2 guys, maybe win a game. Big thanks to Majic (Radiant) for giving me a few pointers.

w00t!

Quote Originally Posted by Maetco View Post
    Congrats to Henke, Gotem, Rond and cimethink!
    Thank you! :D Great games guys. My thirst for more FS has been sated for the time being. Won't participate in the next season but I might join up again further down the road.

GG L8R

Network Hub
    Maetco and I are still mid-game.
    It'll end soon (doesn't look good for me), but I'm happy for him to be forfeit for taking a while to get to this turn :D
    Find me on Steam
    By day I work making the world's best budgeting software. Check it out!