Ur-Quan Masters HD version released an alpha!

http://sourceforge.net/projects/urquanmastershd/

It looks fantastic. And it's new, HD visuals...for free!

Comparison...

Old:

New:
    Last edited by johnki; 06-01-2013 at 06:02 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    That's brilliant. Sometimes I love the internet!

Thanks for sharing :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I love the idea of the game but sadly its key features (unwarned timed events with discovered rather than spelled out objectives) make the idea of playing it too stressful to be fun. Working to schedule isn't fun to me. :s I should probably give it a chance... Maybe with a guide.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Network Hub
    Somebody needs to put the 'infinite landers' bug back in. Trying to play the game gathering resources legitimately is nigh impossible.

what an enormous universe, so many shinning stars in the sky, quite different from guild wars 2 world

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I love the idea of the game but sadly its key features (unwarned timed events with discovered rather than spelled out objectives) make the idea of playing it too stressful to be fun. Working to schedule isn't fun to me. :s I should probably give it a chance... Maybe with a guide.
    I was really ticked when I found out about the very short time limit. You use up something like a quarter of it just getting to the planet the droids are coming from and getting back. I found it to be a quite enjoyable game. Would have loved to see Mass Effect take more from it.